Best Out Of Fremen Or Sardaukar

GhostHunter

Depends on what you want to get done. Against stopping vehicle rushes, I find Sarduakar more effective, and the Sarduakar Elite can also help to defend your base against air strikes. But if you're talking in general, then I'd have to say the Fremen are much better than Sarduakar, because the Fremen Warriors have a higher rate of fire than Sarduakar regulars (making them more effective against infantry), and the Fedaykin can ride worms and so serious damage to BOTH infantry and vehicles. The Sarduakar Elite must run up to an infantry unit and slit its throat, exposing itself to attack from units like Chemical troopers and Snipers.

Well both has its own use, the Fremens are basically only for an ambush, but the worm ride enable it to stop even the largest rush, therefore extremely useful.

The Sardaukars are basically multi-purpose, anti-infantry, anti-tank, anti-air, as well as somewhat effective against structure, what other units is even close to such power? Although extremely powerful and well armoured, but their extreme toughness is no match for the worm, while the Fredaykin is somwhat more effective against vehicles.

But if you want their over-all usefulness, the Fremen will get 10/10 while the Sardaukar will also get 10/10, stealth and worm ride is Fremens advantage while POWER is Sardaukars advantage...... clear enough?

Ok mr, your seriously under estimating the power of the Imperial Sardaukars, its more useful than your expect. If you have a scout in a group of Sardaukars while versing the Fremens, the Fremens will be leaking.

And please point out which post are you talking about, don't expect someone to read everyone of your post.

Ok mr, your seriously under estimating the power of the Imperial Sardaukars, its more useful than your expect. If you have a scout in a group of Sardaukars while versing the Fremens, the Fremens will be leaking.

And please point out which post are you talking about, don't expect someone to read everyone of your post.

ok Dev_Mech I am gonna teach you a valuable lesson on WOL. Problem is my hard drive and modem both fried at the same time and I am in the process of replacing both of them so in the mean time I am unable to play my PC games but as soon as I am up again me and you are gonna have a fight with your Sards vs. my Fremen and you are gonna see that your Sards do almost *no* damage at all to any of my Fremen. (should be ready in 3 - 7 weeks since I need to ship in my modem etc. to have it replaced under warranty)

EDIT: I'll even let you set up as many scouts as you want all over the map before the fight begins, and you will *still* see the results I have stated occur.

fremen: cheaper, stealth (i know, scouts, but a warrior will always get one), faster build time, reasonable health.

It is cheaper and faster to build but isn't Light Infantry even more cheaper as well as faster building time? Is less than 1/2 of Sardaukars armour a resonable amount of armour?

You get what you pay for, have you ever heard of that? But you get could get more out of Sardaukars and Fremens than you've payed for if used well. While Fremens requires more strategy than a Sardaukar, you could just rush a rush Sardaukars and still have quite some chance in winning while its not the case for the Fremens if scouts are availiable.

1. Fremen Warriors do NOT have a better ROF than the Sard Regular: They use the SAME BULLET (rules.txt term for the weapon) as the Atreides sniper; they fire at the same rate, range, and damage. The Sard has a better ROF. Case closed.

2. Again, in the rules, Fedaykins have WAY less HP than Sard Elites, and an insignificant bit more than Sard Regs (less than 100).

3. One more time! In the rules, the Sard regular's gun, if shorter ranged, does MORE damage than the Fremen Warrior's, making them not only more effective for destroying vehicles and buildings, but infantry too.

I rest my case. the rules don't lie.

they fire at the same rate, range, and damage.

If the Fremen Warrior fires the same range and damage as the Imperial Sardaukar, then the rules lied!!

Maybe against infantry it is, but definately not against building or vehicles, neither is the range the same, sardaukar has less range than the warrior.

Ok, LISTEN!!!! I SAID that the warrior does the same damage, ROF, and range as the Atreides Sniper!

Ok, if you quote something from the rules, then do it RIGHT!

Sardaukar Turret (weapon):

Bullet = HMG_B

ReloadCount = 20

TurretDisableIfUnitDeployed = TRUE

Fremen Warrior Turret:

Bullet = cal50_b

ReloadCount = 40

TurretMuzzleFlash = Smuzz2

Bullet: HMG_B

MaxRange = 9

Speed = -1 // Conceptual (was 20.0)

ExplosionType = mgHit

Debris = DebrisMedium

Damage = 600

Warhead = HMG_W

Shot = TRUE

Bullet: cal50_B

Speed = -1 // Conceptual (was 16)

MaxRange = 12

Debris = DebrisSmall

Damage = 600 //one hit one kill on most infantry

Warhead = 50.cal_W

ExplosionType = SniperHit

Shot = TRUE

Here you can see that they use a different bullet, that the Sardaukar's rof is 2 as fast and that they do the same damage, and that the Fremen has a longer range!

I can't read, please poiint out the does it say their ROF and damage is the same.

Don't look at the rules and try this: Have Fremen Warrior against an Assault and Imperial Sardaukar against another Assault, let see which one will kill the Assault quicker. I'm trying to prove rather you or the rule is WRONG (maybe both are wrong, but im right!!)

I said it in my last line, and you can see it easily. They have the same damage, but the Sardaukar shoots twice as many as the Warrior, but the warrior has a longer range.

And although they have the same damage, they do different damage against other types of armor:

Each unit has a so-called Turret (the weapon) The Turret says what the rate of fire is, and what type of Bullet it fire.

The Bullet is fired by a Turret, and the Bullet does a specefic amount of damage, has a specefic range and it has a speed (-1 is instant, like lasers), and it also has a Warhead

A Warhead is the data from how much damage a specefic Bullet does against a specefic armor, so does a bullet of a sniper much damage to the infantery Armor, but very few against Tank Armor

So it is in this situation, they may do the same damage, but the sniper's bullet is very inaffective against Armored Units/Buildings