Poll: Who is more "evil"

DarkElf49

I'd say the Tleilaxu definitely because they are untrustworthy, and create gholas. Generally, they're a bunch of shady characters, especially with their Face Dancers. The Ixians are more techonology oriented, if you're referring to God Emperor of Dune, I guess you mean the part where they created Hwi Noree as a 'perfect' creation to subtly attack the emperor Leto II. But in that case they were just trying to get rid of the emperor due to his oppressive laws and his prescience.

It depends on your views of evil. I would have to put them in a tie.

The Ixians are notorious for stretching the line between humans and machines in the likeness of humans throughout the books. They are violating morals, etc.

The Tlielaxu, they freak me out. They're twisting of genetics, creating replicas of the dead, etc. Its just not good in my opinion, yet not entirely what i consider evil.

So I'm divided on the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone is evil from another point of view. The Tleilaxu are/were religous fanatics and saw everyone else as evil. But everyone else say them as 'the dirty Tleilaxu.' It all depends on your point of view.

(But I'd say the REALLY evil ones are the Honoured Matres.)

• 4 weeks later...

Ix are evil in the sense of Dune. They arrange design and sell shrubberies, err thinking machines/technology and thus so forever carveth in stone as heretics.

In the sense of present day reality Earth, Tleilaxu because making computers is fine, but cloning people for slaves/further use is more evil (maybe not very evil, but more nevertheless).

And you can save your "read the thread you idiot that's been said already" I am too lazy.

I'd say the Tleilax are more evil but also have the capacity to do more good. The Ixians are trying to copy the human mind. The Tleilax are tampering with human genetics. But a thinking-machine is at best a thinking-machine, whereas the Tleilax are able to "revive" lost loved ones and other relics of the past (not that they would do it out of sheer kindness or anything).

I'd say the Tleilax are more evil but also have the capacity to do more good. The Ixians are trying to copy the human mind. The Tleilax are tampering with human genetics. But a thinking-machine is at best a thinking-machine, whereas the Tleilax are able to "revive" lost loved ones and other relics of the past (not that they would do it out of sheer kindness or anything).

Revive?LOL! ;D Unless someone wants a disfigured zombie going arounfd and slapping them with muck than nobody would want them.

The Ixians are trying to copy the human mind.THE TLEILAX ARE TAMPERING WITH HUMAN GENETICS.

Mad, I assume you haven't read the books?

The Tleilaxu can make genetic duplicates out of corpses, though they initially didn't have the ability to give the ghola back the memories of his "past life".

OK,I know that,so i mean,why would someone want a replica of lost loved ones when it is going around killin people?*Thinks of your grandma going around with a chain gun and gunning people down* ;D ::) ^-^