furture of emperor?

ricksam

If you have imagination read the following. Else watch TV.

Try imagine you are about 1890 something like that. Close your eyes. They are any car, computer, TV, airplane, well any modern things.

So try to imagine your have a neighborhood. And a day this neighborhood talk to you about something who think possible.

Your neighborhood told you he is sure a day Human can fly in the sky.

WOW !

So what you think about him. Don't forget you are in 1890. Sure you find him crazy a lot. And for you take something who have weight like a Human and who travel in the sky is impossible.

You have the same attitude that people that today think that Emperor 2 is impossible. They prefer say it's a stupid thing or other bad things.

But look and told me if Human fly today !

And how weigh is a Boeing 747 for example. And this machine fly or not ?

And you think build Emperor 2 is impossible ?

My God be serious !

ALL IS POSSIBLE.

The only think not possible is when people don't believe. When people miss will.

Or when people lie and pretend it's impossible cause they stop to like somethings or they are lazy about them or believe in nothing except money !

Have a Emperor day all fan of Dune !!!

:-*

hbomb54 : thats was good u are the really emperor fans, but the problem was just from by WW.

people think emperor 2 is impossable because WW are never care ours and never care emperor. and i almost agree they are left their emperor email alone and alone for your request.

as for me , of course i want emperor 2 will be come out from near furture, but this is hard just like u say "plane fly in the sky" . u just have to wish if one day they check your email and use your idea. :(

but if u want they will use your idea......i think u have to show them how your idea can be make money...... only this.. :(

You know, we could always "convert" Emperor to StarCraft. The "only" things we will need is:

1. A good animator to replace the faces.

2. A sound guy (I'm good at it).

3. Some movies to make the whole thing more interesting.

You could find the "skin" editors on www.starcraft.org , I think you'll need

like 6 programs (1-5mb each) +photoshop (to make it more realistic), and you're set!

I will try to create another mod for StarCraft too, so that you have 2 mods, 1 for HL and one for SC! Besides, StarCraft don't require as much to run like Emperor does, so you get the point.

Hey ricksam !

Read carefully what happen here.

In practically each day, friend of this administrator say they leave this game cause it's a dead game.

You accused Westwood !

I'm sorry man but look game like Starcraft. It exist not cause Blizzard but cause fan (corean) love this game.

This site is not a fan site. It's something to destroy all Dune game.

If you don't have understand that again well sorry for you.

Life is too many short to hear bad people who want kill a game.

Laugh a lot you are free but I believe in Emperor 2 and I will try all what I can do for this game exist a day.

But you can do like some sick person here. Write in each day to pretend how many you "like" this game but to encourage everybody to leave this game cause Westwood want that.

It's not Westwood who play Emperor it's people like you and me.

And if real fan of Emperor ask for Emperor 2 well it will exist a day.

PS

Don't lost your time to respond to this cause never I will came here now.

I'm stupid a lot to have believe that this site is a Fan Dune site.

It doesn't.

This site exist just to kill Emperor and to say to everybody to stop like Dune.

Here the administrator don't like words. He just like CONTROL them like Big Brother.

I will be not surprised he have a "swastika" (Heil Hitler !

) tatoo on his arm ...

And he must hate everybody except people who think like him, people who want kill Emperor.

If you like really Emperor leave this site cause is not a fan site of Dune.

Just a silly site.

I AM a fan of the dune universe. I like the books, and the games a lot. but just see it. The game is as dead as a worm. it is fun but it is like the russian army. Their planes fall out of the sky because they are no longer taken care of. (no support)

As far as im concerned emperor died a while ago (well the qm and bc ladders).

I dont know how people can even think about buying generals when u know what ww is gonna do...

generals is NOT made by westwood studios, it is made by EAP = electronic arts pacific

I have supported Emperor more than most. As soon as I got the game, I talked a friend into getting it. Then I bought it for another friend. Then I bought it for my son. Then when another son broke my Hark disc, I bought myself another copy of Emperor.

I love everything about the Dune story. The problem is, most people have never read the books, and the first movie really had/has only a cult following, so most people aren't really familiar with the story.

C&C Generals, on the other hand, will ride into your local PC game store on a tall white horse, and everyone will treat it like the returning war hero because of the C&C name. It won't be the Dune story we all love, but trust me, the graphics will kick ass, and the game play should be superb. As for C&C supporting it, patching it, etc., that will depend on the almighty dollar. All games die eventually and are replaced by the next great game. The successful games, though, have a nice lifespan of five years or so. By that time, something much better has arrived to pull even the most diehard fans away. Westwood has succeeded in the RA2 series by keeping a game alive and well long enough to give EVERYONE who bought it his/her money's worth. It's too bad they couldn't do that for Emperor, but it all came down to sales.

Don't worry, though, because PC gaming is such a huge industry that you will always have plenty of options arriving on store shelves. The only thing you'll have to give up is the warm, fuzzy familiarity of the game we all love, and the time and effort it takes to get good at the next one. If you like Emperor, give Generals a shot. It comes out in November. Generals will be the same kind of style you like in Emperor, even if it isn't the Dune story we all know and love.

Well, I also love the dune saga- I love it to the point of buying all the books :O. I'm now just expecting for the preludes to dune, and I already have the "Butlerian Jihad" in store waiting for me... ;D

But, as I was saying, I'm starting to see that ww uses the dune saga as a testing facility. For example: Emperor was the testing game for ww 3D engine. I bet that the next C&C will be 3D, and much better. And also Dune 2000, That permitted the development of the engine of C&C: RA2... ??? I don't know. This might be influences from EA... :-X Meaning??? I think that games like emperor or dune 2000 will never have continuations (Even if their fans ask for it) because they' re only for experiments... Unfortunely, I see that it's just like THAT!!! >:( >:( >:(

Well, I also love the dune saga- I love it to the point of buying all the books :O. I'm now just expecting for the preludes to dune, and I already have the "Butlerian Jihad" in store waiting for me... ;D

But, as I was saying, I'm starting to see that ww uses the dune saga as a testing facility. For example: Emperor was the testing game for ww 3D engine. I bet that the next C&C will be 3D, and much better. And also Dune 2000, That permitted the development of the engine of C&C: RA2... ??? I don't know. This might be influences from EA... :-X Meaning??? I think that games like emperor or dune 2000 will never have continuations (Even if their fans ask for it) because they' re only for experiments... Unfortunely, I see that it's just like THAT!!! >:( >:( >:(

Indeed, you have a point there.. If we go a bit more to the past then we will see Dune 2. It was a new kind of test... RTS. As sad as it sounds, you really have a good point there. Let's hope that maybe in distant future there will be chance of better.. well.. Dune.

It's a pity that WW didn't see how good their little test came out.. a pity that they didn't even bother to check the result's of their test before assuming it was rubbish and abandonign it

WW using Emperor Battle For Dune as a test for Generals is the prime reason im not going to buy an original copy of Generals... I don't like being patronized...

I'll still get a pirated copy though and i want you all to swear to get a pirated copy of generals only if you get a copy at all... im serious here... don't worry a pirated copy is exactly the same and just as good, and since WW don't have proper support for their games, we can use that against them as we easily use pirated copies of their games to play multi-player also... you're going to be saving ALOT of money and if that doesn't attract you i don't know what will excepting giving WW a taste of their own money-loving medicine and avoiding supporting them by not handing over to you're hard earned cash

I'll be buying Generals right away, with my 20% off coupon from PC Gamer magazine. Maybe I'll get a jump on all you guys who initially boycott the game, since most of you get to play PC games more than I do and will catch up later. LOL. Generals looks awesome in all the previews I've read, and the C&C name will really sell. If Emperor was a test for Generals, it's a damned good test. The ONLY reason WW didn't support Emperor better was because Emperor sold poorly--mostly because of Westwood's lack of advertising and a demo, but also because most people are not familiar with the Dune story. The best way you can get the support you want from any game company is to buy a game and tell all your friends to do the same. Boycotting EA will just cause us all problems since we ALL like the format used by Westwood/EA in Emperor, even though we know Emperor's problems and wish Westwood had fixed them. The point is, if you like the Emperor style, support EA and hope for big sales for Generals. If EA makes a lot of money, they may someday make another Dune game because the creators love the Dune concept so much that they made not one, but TWO Dune RTS games that BOTH did not sell well. Blizzard games are cool, but I still prefer the Westwood/EA controls and format better. Please, don't get illegal copies of Generals because all that does is hurt the rest of us.

Well, Vilgent, at least RA2 hung around for a few years and even got an expansion, even though YR wasn't that popular. The way I see it, if they make a game that they support for at least a year, I got my money's worth. I paid forty dollars for Emperor. I've probably played it for two hundred hours or so. Compare that to paying 15-20 dollars to go see a movie with a friend/family member for two hours. The fun vs. cost factor of a good PC game, even if it's not supported for more than a year, beats the hell out of any other form of entertainment, IMHO. If Generals gives me even half the fun and satisfaction that Emperor has, I will have gotten my money's worth many times over.

Come on, PC games HAVE TO HAVE A SHORT LIFESPAN. The industry is moving so fast, as is the technology, that within a few years you'll look back at Emperor the way you now look back at Pac-Man--it was good for its time, but it won't be shit compared to the latest and greatest. Example: I have Half-Life, but I've never played it much. Why? Because soon after I bought it there were better shooters on the market that I just had to have. I love Emperor too, but soon it will be "until death do you part," with Emperor doing the dying and another great RTS being born.