Atmosphere of online gaming turning sour

IxianMace

Last night I played Emperor Battle for Dune a little and hosted a 3 player game on Fishers Plain. I wanted to have two players team up against me because I need the practice and experience of fighting while being isolated and outnumbered. The guy that came in looked at the settings and accepted almost immediately. He wanted to play a 1 vs 1 game with me. When I told him that I wanted a 2 vs 1 game he asked "Why 2 VS 1?" He then left before I could reply. I waited awhile longer before leaving and hoing onto Earthnet to play 'The Moon Project'. The first thing I said when I got into the Moonnet channel was "Anyone for a comp stomp?" Guess what the first thing someone said was?

It was this:

"Go into skirmish if you want comp stomp. Here REAL players play". If this continues, I might consider giving up online gaming altogether or taking a break for some time! Can someone tell me where all the good players that aren't morons have gone?!?! Is this really the face of today's online gaming community?

I don't know how it has BEEN, but some people are very arrogant and stupid. But alot aren't. I think there are only too much arrogant players. Such reaction as you showed, is a nice example of an arrogant player.

But I encounter many times, players who play for fun

I haven't played an online game in two years where I haven't been called some obscenity or profane name in each individual game.

What gets me the most is when they curse you out during a game because your winning! >:( I mean its just a game they gotta learn how to lose! I've also had people curse me out when i enter a game for no reason and saying "man what a fag we r gonna kill u" LOL I ofcourse dont always win when they do that but when they do that it makes me wanna crush them! ;D

There's also the people that kick you out of their channel as soon as you enter it, apparently for no reason at all. They don't even give you a chance to leave on your own, or ask you to leave, or even say sorry that you have to go, they just kick you. I'm thinking about doing the same thing to them if they enter a channel that I made. >:(

The worst treatment I've had is being accused of cheating on Jedi Knight. I finally had to stand in one spot and let the other players kill me to prove I wasn't cheating. Then one of the other players stole my backpack of equipment. Insult to injury or what?

There's also the people that kick you out of their channel as soon as you enter it, apparently for no reason at all. They don't even give you a chance to leave on your own, or ask you to leave, or even say sorry that you have to go, they just kick you.

well think about it in their shoes.... if your trying to let a clan mate in a full room do you want to spen 5 mins typing out why they (that person) has to leave... and then they sometimes get rude and start flaming saying play im hear im not leaving, and you end up kicking anyway.... its nice to let them know why but if your trying to get someone in then it could take you forever if you have to tell every noob that enters why your kicking them ;D and not every one likes using pw rooms taht way if someone is a no show you dont have to rehost a room. I've been kicked from rooms and kick many from my rooms.... if it really bothers you send em a page ask why then they might tell you ;D it used to piss me off but now i find my self doing it more ;D

but usally when you keep getting kicked they are waiting on someone... or they just done like you ;D (just kidding ;D)

I don't think it would take 5 minutes to type out something like "Sorry, waiting for someone". They wouldn't have to spell it out to me, I can take a hint as well. ::)

Also if they are waiting for some team member, they should rehost, tell their opponents what the password is, (so they can rejoin) and then tell their team mate what the password is so that the game can get underway. I know this can be tedious at times, but it still saves having to kick people out that innocently wander into the room looking for a game when the entire place is just about dead.

i'm

a

slow

and

bad

typer

;D

pw rooms do work but if some one has to go or the PC crashes and they dont log back on the you have to rehost anyway to get a fourth player. i usally just say sorry waiting on someone and then kick them i dont wiat for a replay becaus ethen they go "oh come on im here lets play", "blah blah blah", "oh your just scraed", and i end up kicking them anyway.

but if its a busy night and ppl keep joining as am trying to let a clan mate in then yeah i'll rehost on a pw room... but i think its the power of the button that we all like so much ;D i pretend mine sends them to the Dungeon :P ;D