WC3 OR EBFD?

spad567

O and one for emp, in emp u have so many different strategies to choose from to defend and attack while in WC3 u dont...

oh yeah so many strategys like rush minos or rush lastanks no how about all out rush?

while in war3 use shamens to cast bloodlust on taurren while your wyvern attack peon lines...

but that is MY OPINION comparing emp to war3 is like comparing 14" black and white television to a 64" plasma screen tv one is just not popular anymore or better yet DEAD!

) WC3 has more detail in the graphics, and the zoom in feature actually looks good

^ I think ur playin a diff game WC3 graphics suck while Emps are way better

2) WC3 is more inovative, and unique

^ unique? bullshit, its just like the other warcraft games, im not sayin that Emp is orginal but neither is WC3

3) WC3 has 4 races instead of 3 (more choice)

^ yeah accept all the units are basically the same with diff graphics and diff names

4) WC3 is more stable, and more compatible (has NEVER crashed)

^It has crashed for me

5) WC3 has better sound effects during battles (just listen to the sword fights )

^Im sorry but the sound effects suck man, they are dreary and give a headache along with the graphics

6) battle.net is more stable than WOL (b.net has only d/c me twice in 3 weeks [109 games played]) WOL would have d/c about 6-10 times in that many games.

^i'll give u that one

7) battle.net always has lots of people to play with, and qm actually works...EVERY TIME

^ and again

8) Blizzard actually patches the problems with their games.

Theyve only had a few patches as of yet, and emp has had as many, so this proves nothing, true theyve patched other games, doesnt mean they'll do it with WC3

9) In WC3 the world doesn't suddenly end at the edge of the map

^and this is good why?

10) The unit cap makes the game focus more on strategy than on massing/turtling.

^what are u on, it just makes it annoying, and ppl still mass anyway, get loadsa fighters for the front and spellcasters for the back, o no so orignal!!

11) Group cap makes you micromanage and use maneouvering skills, while in emperor you just select your guys, click on his guys

^ive never once just clicked on my guys then his in emp, why wud u do that? u'd die straight away...

12) WC3 has features that help prevent rushing 30 seconds into the game, which in turn leads to more variation in Build Orders

By the time someone has attacked uve fallen asleep.....

13) In WC3 you don't just mass the most powerful units (in emperor, after the 5 min mark, all you have to do is mass minos/NIAB/gunship/kobra etc.)

I always mixed 'n' matched never all one unit, u say u dont just mass the most powerful units, although u say mass, exactly thats what i said u mass diff units in WC3, its still massing...

14) In WC3 you're not staring at sand every single game.

I^Yeah ur staring at the piss poor graphics

15) In order to win a WC3 game, you must actually leave your base (you get rewarded by gaining xp from creeps, and must expand etc.), instead of barricading yourself inside, and w8ing for 600 minos to build.

^u expand woohoo, u expand ur army in emp taking more ground as u go, WC3 isnt exactly orginal, there are other games such as Empire earth where u expand... and 600 minos, jesus embellishing a bit?

O and one for emp, in emp u have so many different strategies to choose from to defend and attack while in WC3 u dont...

First of all, it's your opinion if the sounds are bad or not. Second, the only reason it has only 2-3 patches is it has been out for only the summer, and the creators of it have worked 23 hour days, so they got a vacation, and recently just released a patch fixing the bigger problems. Oh, and if a game has many many patches, thats not a good thing, thats a bad thing :) . Also, it is very balanced and NO, the units are all NOT the same. Yes the tier's are the same, but totally and most definitely not the units, nor buildings. And why the hell would someone fall asleep while waiting for a battle? Theres creeping, expanding, resources, leveling up and much more to do, as well as teching. Piss poor graphics? Obvously you have never played with particles on high, hell even everything on high. It's amazing, trust me. They have the rain and snow cycle, and day and night cycle. I'm not going to get into envnironment right now, though.

) WC3 has more detail in the graphics, and the zoom in feature actually looks good

^ unique? bullshit, its just like the other warcraft games, im not sayin that Emp is orginal but neither is WC3

^ yeah accept all the units are basically the same with diff graphics and diff names

^It has crashed for me

5) WC3 has better sound effects during battles (just listen to the sword fights )

^Im sorry but the sound effects suck man, they are dreary and give a headache along with the graphics

6) battle.net is more stable than WOL (b.net has only d/c me twice in 3 weeks [109 games played]) WOL would have d/c about 6-10 times in that many games.

^i'll give u that one

7) battle.net always has lots of people to play with, and qm actually works...EVERY TIME

^ and again

Theyve only had a few patches as of yet, and emp has had as many, so this proves nothing, true theyve patched other games, doesnt mean they'll do it with WC3

^and this is good why?

10) The unit cap makes the game focus more on strategy than on massing/turtling.

^what are u on, it just makes it annoying, and ppl still mass anyway, get loadsa fighters for the front and spellcasters for the back, o no so orignal!!

11) Group cap makes you micromanage and use maneouvering skills, while in emperor you just select your guys, click on his guys

^ive never once just clicked on my guys then his in emp, why wud u do that? u'd die straight away...

12) WC3 has features that help prevent rushing 30 seconds into the game, which in turn leads to more variation in Build Orders

13) In WC3 you don't just mass the most powerful units (in emperor, after the 5 min mark, all you have to do is mass minos/NIAB/gunship/kobra etc.)

I always mixed 'n' matched never all one unit, u say u dont just mass the most powerful units, although u say mass, exactly thats what i said u mass diff units in WC3, its still massing...

15) In order to win a WC3 game, you must actually leave your base (you get rewarded by gaining xp from creeps, and must expand etc.), instead of barricading yourself inside, and w8ing for 600 minos to build.

^u expand woohoo, u expand ur army in emp taking more ground as u go, WC3 isnt exactly orginal, there are other games such as Empire earth where u expand... and 600 minos, jesus embellishing a bit?

Well it seems obviously to me that you haven't even played war3, cuz if you say that all units are the same then i say that you probably only know that it's called war3 but other from that you don't know anything about it.

and about point 11, if you don't micro manage than that is your fault not blizzard's the game is created to micromanage and it is the only way to become victorious vs. someone who has SOME experience.

and a last note, war3 has way way waaaaaaaay more strategies than emperor has.

oh yeah so many strategys like rush minos or rush lastanks no how about all out rush...

^ what the fuck, i mean come on, rush minos, for a start it'll take a while for u to get out a few minos, and u see minos coming at u theres so many different strategies u can use,

1)send ur minos or equal unit at them

2)Speed round them with laser tanks

3)Pick them up with adv. carryalls...

4) attack with gunship, orni

5)Support ur units with feds or sards

6)send ix infiltrators blowin them up inbetween the minos

7) fed worm

god im not gona go through them all...

Same with attacking, if u attack with just one unit ur screwed and fuckin stupid,

So mixed armies, using all ur units...

Ix infiltrators

Air

Engineers

Get feds in their base

bah so many

then when i played WC3 i felt so restricted and it was just boring...

Hey Man i dont know why im goin on like this i dont even play emp anymore, because i KNOW its dead, but WC3 still sucks, suppose im just pissed off, i dont like wasting money.

I still play Empire Earth as thats great... Uve got ur navy, airforce and groudforce on that :D (i like WW1 to modern)

heh :), also in emperor buiding is sooooooooo boring. You build all units from very few buildings and you don't build infantry cuz there's hardly any use for it once u or the enemy got mino's. and ofcourse you have adv. carryalls and stuff but hell you don't have that many strategies in emperor. In war3 you constantly have to make considerations, attack creeps or wait, scout (at least in war3 there's fog of war, in emperor you can see everything once you've scouted the enemy base, he just can't make a secret army anymore, so boring), build melee or ranged (depending on what enemy builds and where u r best in), upgrade or not (hah in emperor you don't even HAVE upgrades), and more and more and many more options.

1) WC3 has more detail in the graphics, and the zoom in feature actually looks good

>Your computer just sucks so much that you have to turn the grpahics down, and then yes it does look less than stellar. However, with EVRYTHING cranked on 1024x768 or higher there is absolutely no contest with emperor. Especially in the field of detail. If you still insist that emperor has better DETAIL then warcraft3 either you've been smoking pot, or you have NOT played warcraft3, and you've only looked at the shitty screens.<

>Just like the other warcraft games? LMAO. Hero's are the most original thing since the first C&C. BTW emperor is basically C&C with better graphics/changed units :P<

^ yeah accept all the units are basically the same with diff graphics and diff names.

>Ok you definitely have NOT played this game...or you're just a TOTAL idiot. If you think runts are = to huntress, or archer LOL<

^It has crashed for me

>Then it's your computer and not the gaming code<

>You obviously don't pay attention to details like that do you? Emperors sounds are so blunt, you can't even here harvesters harvesting, and mino's walking sound like tin cans :P.<

^i'll give u that one

>Damn right<

^ and again

>Damn right<

>EXACTLY my point. Emperor has had the same amount of patches as WC3, and emperor has been out for 14 months, WC3 has been out for 1 month :P<

^and this is good why?

>Obviously because it doesn't look fake.<

>Makes it more annoying if you're a n00b, and can't micro worth sh|t, or has to build 300 units to win :P<

>You would do this if...you had 20 minos (seriously) maybe put some scouts in front to protect from feds, but other than that just point and click<

>Obviously you have the attention span of a 6 year old<

^I always mixed 'n' matched never all one unit, u say u dont just mass the most powerful units, although u say mass, exactly thats what i said u mass diff units in WC3, its still massing...

>That's nice if you mix and match, but when you have 25 minos...why bother. You'll win anyway (unless he has air-units, but we won't get into that)<

>Again, either you've been smoking pot, or you've never actually played the game, and are just judging on screenies<

>That's just it though, you don't HAVE to expand your army or even leave your base for that matter. Just build mass minos, and put them by the spice fields by your base, and put AA towers all over base...wow, does that make you go on the offensive or what? ::)<

>AGAIN, you definitely have not played WC3..for more than 3 games anyway, or you would realize that the strategies and ESPECIALLY bo's have much more variation than in emperor, because you don't have to worry about getting rushed 30 seconds into the game.

Shove that up your pipe and smoke it.

WarIIICraft simply CAN'T be compared with Emperor simply cause if you like SciFI you'll probably love Emperor no matter the bugs and other shit. If You like Fantasy, you'll probably love WC3 and hate Emperor for his laser guns and missiles.

But if you judge from 50%50% point WarIIICraft is much more better than Emperor in any aspect. Code-Art-Support-Storyline.

blah blah blah, I havnt played the game? thats ur excuse for everything, 'O i dont think uve played the game, O u dont like WC3, if u dont there must be something wrong with u'

And hero's innotive, they've been in other games b4, WC3 isnt the first to put them into use them...

I cant be bothered to go through the whole list again, simply cos ive got other things to do...

But attention span of a 6 year Old? umm no, i play other games where the games last for 6 hours, agian mentioning empire earth

The building is so boring in emp?? i think its the other way round, thats one of the things that makes WC3 so boring... (and donts ' O uve obviously got an attention span of a 6 year old again)

and and emperor bein other C&C's with diff names etc.. well it kinda is in the respect of harvesting, but then again u collect resources the same way on WC3 still chopping down wood etc...

but i dont think emp is like the C&C's i dont even like RA2, only real ones i like are Tiberian sun + firestorm and the original....

And for the last time i have played this game, and quite a few times, as i always wanna give my games or chance, u think i wanna waste money on shit?? what u want me to type something out from the manual?

o and i like fantasy and sci-fi

blah blah blah, I havnt played the game? thats ur excuse for everything, 'O i dont think uve played the game, O u dont like WC3, if u dont there must be something wrong with u'

And hero's innotive, they've been in other games b4, WC3 isnt the first to put them into use them...

I cant be bothered to go through the whole list again, simply cos ive got other things to do...

But attention span of a 6 year Old? umm no, i play other games where the games last for 6 hours, agian mentioning empire earth

The building is so boring in emp?? i think its the other way round, thats one of the things that makes WC3 so boring... (and donts ' O uve obviously got an attention span of a 6 year old again, no i dont u dumb fuck)

and and emperor bein other C&C's with diff names etc.. well it kinda is in the respect of harvesting, but then again u collect resources the same way on WC3 still chopping down wood etc...

but i dont think emp is like the C&C's i dont even like RA2, only real ones i like are Tiberian sun + firestorm and the original....

And for the last time i have played this game, and quite a few times, as i always wanna give my games or chance, u think i wanna waste money on shit?? what u want me to type something out from the manual?

o and i like fantasy and sci-fi

The only reason I say you havn't played the game, is that it is so obvious and can be technological proven (pixel count etc. etc.) That Warcraft 3 has better graphics than emperor. A simple way to prove this is by turning the graphics up to highest on emperor, and turning them up to highest on warcraft 3, using 1024x768. My next pay cheque says that WarCraft III will be much slower, and achieve a lot less FPS on a low end computer. And don't even use your unknowledgable excuse of "well emperor must have better game code" Yah...ok, that's why Blizzard's games are so solid you would have trouble crashing them if you wanted to. And Westwood's games are slapped together in a fashion that spells $$$ and not quality. So the only realistic explanation to use, since you somehow think that emperor graphics are better, is one of these possibilities.

A) You havn't played the game

B) You only played the game with graphics tourned down

C) You were smoking pot when you played the game

D) You just don't want to admit that WarCraft III has better graphics than emperor

Something along the same lines as heros may have appeared in a game before (ie. cyborg commando etc.) But these certainly did NOT function anywhere NEAR the same as the ones in WC3.

Giga, are you forgetting that we used to be in the same clan? Interesting how as soon as someone disagrees with you, and is willing to argue their point of view without just rolling over, you suddenly call them a "dumb fuck". Especially considering I used to be in your clan, lol, what happened to you giga?

emperors graphics are worse than w3 because I had 128 ram and a 32mb graphics card and emporer worked great on high!! but on war 3 I had to change my ram to 512 and get a 64 g card and now w3 works great with awesome graphics on medium..........booh-yah!

what happened to me? :O

You wont believe me ive played this game and i think it sucks, u seem to have an obsession with pot, and cant fathom why anyone wouldn't like WC3..

when u say that u need a better system for WC3, im sorry but that still doesnt mean that it wud look nice, im usually not bothered about graphics but when they give me a headache thats when i dont like them.....

And don't even use your unknowledgable excuse of "well emperor must have better game code"

^ why wud i say that emps game code isnt very good at all, or so ive heard...

im sorry but WC3 just looks horrible to my eyes to the point it repulses me, i wasnt gona get it just off looking at screenies but then steve, another former emp player told me to get it sayin the gameplay is really good, so i got it, and quite a few games to him, each time him saying just give it a chance, even though i was doing quite good in the games, i found it boring and found myself switchin it off due to my head hurting after playin the game...

gameplay IS good and the graphix are better then emperor's. Look at the polygon count, the detail. In war3 you can see the paladin having a beard, u see his eyes, nose bible everything. Compare that to emperor. What's the detail there? Sardaukar have some yellow screen in front of their eyes. They wear purple clothes and that's all the detail.

what happened to me? :O

You wont believe me ive played this game and i think it sucks, u seem to have an obsession with pot, and cant fathom why anyone wouldn't like WC3..

when u say that u need a better system for WC3, im sorry but that still doesnt mean that it wud look nice, im usually not bothered about graphics but when they give me a headache thats when i dont like them.....

And don't even use your unknowledgable excuse of "well emperor must have better game code"

^ why wud i say that emps game code isnt very good at all, or so ive heard...

im sorry but WC3 just looks horrible to my eyes to the point it repulses me, i wasnt gona get it just off looking at screenies but then steve, another former emp player told me to get it sayin the gameplay is really good, so i got it, and quite a few games to him, each time him saying just give it a chance, even though i was doing quite good in the games, i found it boring and found myself switchin it off due to my head hurting after playin the game...

Oh I believe you when you that you think this game sucks. I just fail to see the logic behind your arguments. Especially ones that aren't just opinionated, but can actually be proven, such as graphics. It is a fact that WarCraft 3 has better graphics than empperor, you simply can't argue it. It's like arguing that 1+1 is not equal to 2. I can understand if someone doesn't like the gameplay - that's your opinion, and I have my opinion. I am simply trying to discuss the reasons why I think WC3 gameplay is better than emperor. That doesn't mean "I can't fathom why anyone wouldn't like WC3". It seams strange that a game would give you headaches and such, while other games don't. Usually it's just the monitor that gives you the headaches, and not what's being shown on the screen. Maybe you were just playing WC3 for a too long period of time, or you were just ill for those few days (maybe you swallowed helium from a balloon, and it expanded your brain ;D) And I don't have an obsession with pot, but it was merely one of the plausable conclusions to draw when someone starts saying "emperor has way better graphics than WC3" (see rest of plausible explanations in previous post)

And anyone who makes decisions on buying games just by looking at screens is a fool...even look at the emperor screens - GARBAGE. The actual game looks WAY better. This is almost always the case for all screenies.

And giga, it seams to me that YOU'RE the one who simply can't fathom why anyone would like WC3 over emperor. You were getting so desperate and annoyed with my point-of-view that I suddenly became a "dumb fuck". Even though you are scientifically wrong about the graphics, I don't go swearing and ranting about how stupid you are, using four letter words. Are you gonna argue this point too? Come on giga grow up and learn how to have a civilized discussion, and know when you were in the wrong. If I came across as stating that WC3's GAMEPLAY is better than emperor's as fact, I am sorry, I am just trying to present you with my valid points about why it is MY opinion that WC3 has better gameplay.

Well it seems obviously to me that you haven't even played war3, cuz if you say that all units are the same then i say that you probably only know that it's called war3 but other from that you don't know anything about it.

and about point 11, if you don't micro manage than that is your fault not blizzard's the game is created to micromanage and it is the only way to become victorious vs. someone who has SOME experience.

and a last note, war3 has way way waaaaaaaay more strategies than emperor has.

All total BS.

War3, like all Blizzard Games, has one startegy: All-out early rush. Sure, you could do other strats, I'd love too, but...Those other bastards on Bnet rush and slaughter you.

Those GODD*MN "HUNTERS" MAPS ARE EVERYWHERE! IT'S THE ONLY TYPE OF MAP ANYONE PLAYS ON! ARRGH!

The graphics ARE better in Emporer: Get it through your head. They are sharper, less pixelated, less boxy.

WarCraft III does look good on paper, but not in practice. The d*mn group cap is still there. And don't give me that dumb f*ck Blizzrd answer: "It's a feature". BS. No "Feature" should cause excess micromanaging. On to my next point:

The d*mn unit cap is, in practice, almost as low as Dune II's. Sure, it's 90, but with the exception of the worker, every unit costs 3 or more food! If you have 10 workers, you can have no more than 26 military units!

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG! It's there: play online before you say it's not. No better than Emporer's.

WarIII DOES have the same basic units four times, trivial HP difference regardless.

On that note, I've heard people say Westwood gives you repeat units, IE two medium tanks = 1 heavy tank. True, But 2 footmen = 1 knight, does it not? There's about as much difference.

Blizzard will do anything to make money: Novels, clothes, mousepads, 4 different box covers for the same d*mn game, four different covers for the strat guide, "collector's edition" with nothing but a book showcasing their crappy sketchs, etc.

Oh, and WHY THE F*CK is it OK for you to call us newbies and say we suck at WarIII just because we don't like it? You morons would try to get us banned if we used said reasons to say explain why you don't like WestWood games.

So, let me say this much: Think before you open you durn mouths. It's all I ask.

P.S. Blizzard isn't ALL bad. Just because they keep re-releasing the same title with an extra "I" at the end ( ::)) is no reason to hate them. They make some fine products. There's StarCraft, and, um...Well at least there's StarCraft. And B.net is STILL, for all the lag, better than WOL. And finally, They do support their games. Even if most of the patches are: balance change...undo last balance change...new balance change...undo last balance change, etc. ::)