Star Wars

bob_fox

Star Trek I was plain awfull. Felt asleep 3 times because of exessive showing of special effects ::).

Special effects? Huh? Oh, you don't mean Str Trek The Motion picture, where they painted a piece of cardboard half blue, held it up to the camera, and called it an alien ship. ;D

1.VI

2.IIII

3.V

4.II

5.I

I thought that the Phantom Menace was a great book but when I saw the movie it almost made me vomit. Jar-Jar Binks was way over done in the movie and they left alot of stuff out that made key points in the book . Oh well , I'll still pay to see any of them any time .

I don't care about special effects, it's the plot that matters. And as such, I like Star Trek WAAAY better than Star Wars.

Leto, you might THINK the Dark Side doesn't get the cute girls, but how do you know what's under those Storm Trooper uniforms? ;)

I think later the clones are slowly replaced by individuals (you know, ordinary people).

You can't compare Star Wars to Star Trek because they're just too different. Star Trek's supposed to make you think and to be realistic, whereas Star Wars is just a very, very (VERY) good story.

I'm not necessarily saying Star Trek is worse than Star Wars (I like them both, but Star Wars a little more), but just compare Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979) to Star Wars Episode IV (1977). ::) Star Wars was WAY, WAY, WAY ahead of its time.

Sven, you forget, that the original Star Trek series was already running before either of the two movies you mention came out. Star Trek did indeed come before Star Wars.

As for Star Trek Series....my favorite is DS9...big, beautiful, wonderful, explosions, and other parts of gigantic space battles in the Dominion War.

Hehe, sounds like a case for the Fan Fic Forums... "The Sith V. The Borg" -- To assimilate a lightsaber.

Anyway, I have read one of the SW books, "Star Wars: Darth Maul Shadow Hunter", good book, I don't really care for SW much, but I enjoyed the writing and storyline.