Stealth bug-disc415

Elite47

Yup, its just the dronebug in a new jacket... they send it in the dark and come out when the r close to target, leaving you not enough time to react on it. And this works for EVERY flying object in the game, adp's, adv carryalls, eyes, aa mines, ornis, gunships, you name it.

Anyone that notices somebody using that bug, plz be ready to make a screenshot and post it like elite did.

This isn't about guild rushers. But about the bug of airborne in the void.

I thought your units fire always when the airborne is in range, even when it is in the void. Or do you mean you couldn't react because you couldn't see it coming?

yep its true. U can send air units along the edge of the black void and they cannot be detected on radar, seen, or be shot at.

The first person who did it to me on knife fight completey wiped out my base with EITS - and it was very difficult to stop becos EITS have good armour and it takes more than a couple of aa trooper shots to destroy it.

I tried it myself against someone on custom-match shortly after to see how it was done - as a one-off test. (BTW, during that game he told me it was cheating - i agreed and stopped doing it, and the game continued.)

Ive seen players set way-points along the black void and send airdrones back and forth to take out carryalls hovering over the refs. Same with ADP's too.

Its a bug and its definately cheating imo.

If someone exploits the bug in an attempt to gain an advantage - it shouldn't be too difficult to take a screenshot of an airdrone missle (or ADP bullet splashes) coming in from the edge - That should be enough proof. It'll be a bit harder to get one of an EITS appearing from the edge though.

well ive had that bug used on me in all the ways listed cept wth gun ships and ornis.... and id much rather have to fight off and unarmed eits that slows down from slug to snail when shot just once, and only takes 4 hits from an aa trooper kill, than say a way point in my black zone loaded up with adps or airdrones. id even be a bit more worryed about an adv carry all with an engi sneek than etis coming from there.... but the problem is with eits and engi drops you have to find a way in... and sometimes the only way in is from side of map and without setting a way point just point and clicking where to go it my waver back and forth in and out of the black zone on its run to the base... unless your on a map where the land masses are not along the edge of map. but ourposely setting a way point in the black zone is rather lame, weither trying to air drone rape the enimes harvesting, or sneeking in an engi drop, it get rather old... I called this one guy on it after i took ou the single air drone over my spice field and kept hearing 'carry-all under attack'. after getting my aa in my base and seeing the little exhaust fumes zipping back and forth in the black zone, i told him that was the lamest bug exploiet ever... then his partner said "{guys name} are you doing the drone bug cheat, thats gay" ;D then guy goes "ok, ok, i'll stop" but it was too late 7 out of 8 carryalls were dead and 6 out of 8 harvs went with it.... I was like "stop?! stop?! to f*cking late my econmy is dead!! so now your going to stop?!?! f*ck that i'll stop!!!" and quit the game :P ;D

Free, your opinion of disc isn't relevant. If you know him, I suggest you talk to him and tell him to stop using the bug. There's no such thing as a "natural" bug. A bug is an error; a mistake. It was not meant to be. Do you honestly believe that the developers of emperor sat down and said "Just for kicks, lets make it so that air units that travel on the edge of the map are literally invincible." ?? I dont think so...

I talked with a beta tester back when the bug was first revealed, they knew about it but never fixed it.

:O

...that's not underfunding, that's just not trying!!!

yeah i know, but seams like them trying means them not caring :O

dont ya just love WW ::) ;D

~is he quoting hisself again??? ::)

~great now hes talking in 3rd person ::)

I think what Free was trying to say was that this person did not intend to exploit a bug, merely to send his aircraft in along the edge of a map, thus unfortunately making his units temporarily invulnerable.

yeah thats what i was saying about engi drops and eits if the map ur playing doesnt have land mass away from the edge of the map.... so if you try and go along side of the map unfortunalty some times it dip in snd out... were as when land masses asr open all around you can just line up your shot and drive in from any side.

I think what Free was trying to say was that this person did not intend to exploit a bug, merely to send his aircraft in along the edge of a map, thus unfortunately making his units temporarily invulnerable.

No. You have to set a way point back in the black zone for the air craft to stay in the blackzone. You have to push a special tab so he knew what he was doing.