Newbies

zamboe

Some of you might think that a newbie is some1 that just started playing EBFD.

Well, I think the opposite. I think that newbies are the ones with no skill or a good playing style. There are a lot of ppl of this type in EBFD, ppl who hasn't changed a bit or increase his/her skills in a long time and style as well, so they still being newbies.

I played some games last weekend, and found out some ppl that just in two or three weeks (since the bought the game, I believe them) got a very good level and it was very fun playing with them, those ppl are flexible enough to realize their mistakes fast and change, those are not newbies, but a good players.

It doesn't matter where is your level at the beginning, but how fast can you change and improve by not loosing your time finding excuses.

Just a thought, anyway.

everybody has begun one day...

when i heard some ppl (u know who they are!!) who don't stop flaming the noobs ,that 's make me smilling!

a lot of people just want to play for the fun , just for having cool time during the week end after their job! emperor is not all their LIFE!!!THEY 'VE OTHER THINGS TO DO!!so when they decide to come and play on line and when they play vs some ppl ( u know who!)

who crush them in 5 mins without help them and more, who joking about them: What happened??==>they don't wan to back and play emperor!

i never flame a noobs !i've seen a lot of people who has begun like everyone and who are begun strong (in the top 20!)..they improved their skill!

i always help them in a game..

u see in a game ,when u've build 2 reff,1 fremen,1 factory...and when u 've 3 scouts in his base and u see that he's only 1 factory and that he's not upgrade his reff, he is a noobs so i begin to tell him "beginner?" and i help him to what to do..

i hate those who flame them cause for me they are as noobs as the beginners..i crush them too easly like a beginner!!

i know it's not really fun to play vs 2 good players with a beginner..but it's a challenge for me!!Or when u don't want, tell before the game "no noobs plz sorry.."and they always leave..no need to kick them!

and i read a post where is writte "i hate them they always say i cheat..".==>ok it's true but:

1: the man who say that is a sucker without being a noobs (he could be strong he still saying that, it's a looser)

2: those who accuse me of cheating were not noobs , but players who play since a long time (like QUELO1 who says in qm " u re a cheater!!u use trainers.." cause i CRUSH him 4 times in qm too easly!!).

so don't flame noobs...

everyone begins a day!

and don't forget that another game , vs them it could be YOU the noobs!!

everybody has begun one day...

when i heard some ppl (u know who they are!!) who don't stop flaming the noobs ,that 's make me smilling!

a lot of people just want to play for the fun , just for having cool time during the week end after their job!

Krazy ... I cut some of what you state due to some have complained about me quoting the whole message.

Yes, you are correct and players like you are the reason why so many 'new' (noobs) stay around to play. One of the main reasons why Westwood stopped supporting EBFD is because of these 'elite' players bashing new people giving the game a bad rep. If someone wants to play for the games entertainment and gets bashed because they make mistakes are not going to recommend their friends in purchasing the game. Even if they have friends that have purchsed the game, you think they would recommend coming online to play. The game is 1000 percent different playing online verses just on their own computer. Players can run the whole slew of missions while playing locally because the computer AI isn't all that smart. But online, you go against human players who have figured out hundreds of ways to win against another human player.

When I first started out, I was very lucky to win 1 game out of 25 until some pointed out some of the things I was doing wrong. Sardcore, Deluged, and Heftyboy were the first ones that pointed out mistakes. A whole lot of people without naming names for some reason hate Battle Clan *FEW* - I don't see why they as a group are hated as much as they are. Sure, *FEW* and Few*Jr play a whole slew of games daily together. But the senior members of *FEW* point out the mistakes we *Jr's make. Whenever there isn't enough clan members online, we play others not caring if they are new or not (There are excemptions of a handful of players we will not play under any circumstances).

So, Krazyorse keep up helping other players. You are not a lone in the reguards of helping other people.

Yeah, i fully agree. I myself am a newbie at EBFD, and i have received help from various players online, which was very kind of them.

But, just like krazyhorse said, they might be the newbie in 1 game, but u might be the newbie in another, where they are the veteran.

Well i already said what who I think are newbies. (read above)

Krazyorse, agree with you, btw you said "elite", well, i think that :

Elite players = players with (good skill + good manners)

Example, (something that I don't like at all), in a 2v2 game, as soon as you join, the first Q is "r u good ?", wtf ?..... those players might have some skill but are not elite, some of them are unpolite also.

So it doesn

well its probally been said but, we were all noobs at one point in time :P

if i would of never met deserway or undsputed my skillz would of never improved. it is thru them and those they introduced me to i learnt my mad skizillz ;D

i thought i knew how to play emperor from playing it off line for 4 months.... WRONG there was a whole nother level of experianced players in the online community. poshbabek was nice enuff to play a few games in a row and tought me about multiply factories and buildings... i was oblivious to the fact.... things like that can help the now noobs of emp... im not saying im elite or anything (at least i have good manners :P ;D) but i'd say im a novice ;D

Well said, Krazy. Certain great examples come to mind when talking about great players who encourage so-called "noobs." Ace, Earedil, Mendelbop, Emprworm and Razorox are some of the guys who never treated me like a "noob," even though I haven't, and may never, reach their level because, as you say, I have a job and just want to have a good time since I can't devote my life to a PC game. Thanks to you and all the great players who never rubbed it in, never said "You suck, noob," and who offered excellent advice. When I put together one of my 'A' games and make myself proud, I have guys like you to give part of the credit to.

Well i already said what who I think are newbies. (read above)

Krazyorse, agree with you, btw you said "elite", well, i think that :

Elite players = players with (good skill + good manners)

Example, (something that I don't like at all), in a 2v2 game, as soon as you join, the first Q is "r u good ?", wtf ?..... those players might have some skill but are not elite, some of them are unpolite also.

So it doesn

I tried it a couple of times to help out a newb, but i dont do this much nowadays.

I normally get a respond like "I dont care i dont play this game to win".

But when a noob axx me for help ill start a skirmish with him and show him all iv learned.

No problem there, we were all noobs at one time, although i didnt get any help whatsoever i just played the best scouted them (without actually building up my base) and just watched what they did, and changed that in to the style which suits me the best.