LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

ken124578

"from time to time" - a fancy euphemism which means "NEVER!" Just like how Devinoch said he'd visit these boards "from time to time" when the old boards closed, and ever since the old boards closed he didn't even post once on here. ::)all the more reason to boycott Westwood and boycott EA.

Well i don't play games for WW or EA, i play them because i like them.

And official forums or not.. I keep playing the game i like...

Even if this would be a shitty forum (which it isn't ;)) then i would still play online.

So i c the game separate from WW or EA or some other forum. And as we could have seen, empy is not over yet. Eachtime i am surprised to see 6 games hosted and all are full.

yeah, Emperor is full of uber-newbies since it recently went to bargain bin prices - but that's even *worse* becaues finding a non-newbie ally is next to impossible to do a lot of the time, and most of those newbies don't even *try* playing in the Tournaments

its always good to give tips to the newer players during games - or after.

For example, a lot of new players don't know that u can speed up build time by building up to 3 buildings of each type. If u scout their base and they only have 1 of each building during mid-game, the chances are that they don't know. So tell them!

And if/when u beat them, tell them what they did wrong - and give a hint on what to do next time.

Try not to sound patronising, of course. Giving tips in a friendly manner will give them motivation to improve and they'll enjoy the game more - which will encourage more playing & improving.

Fingers crossed that there'll be a new generation of 'top-10' players soon..!

if the newbies actually *Played* in QM games on a regular basis then i'd have a bit of respect for them eventually. a lot of times in QM i get told: "you cheated! there is no way to build that fast (even though I am ATR LOL))! you must be using Cheat Codes or a Trainer that gives you unlimited money!"

i especially hate newbies for the following reasons, and this happens ALL THE TIME.

a newbie comes in, sees the game is on normal settings, hangs around for 15 - 30 seconds, then leaves. other newbies follow suit; keep coming in and out constantly. as soon as one leaves, another one replaces him. only not right away. sometimes they hang around for up to a minute, then leave without saying anything. during this time they are stopping people who actually *want to play* from joining the game, hence wasting the time of myself and all the other people in my game who actually want to play. of course, the players in the game who are waiting with me who *did* actually want to play get frustrated with the immense wait, so *they* leave, making it even *more* impossible to get a game going. this process repeats itself over and over again, often resulting in it taking eons just to get a game going with 4 players.

or...i am hosting a game. newbies come in, see the normal settings, and say: "change the settings! more money!"

then I put it to 30k (which I HATE but sometimes i do it just 'cause there are *not even* 4 newbies online) and another newbie enters and says: "no pre!"

then the first newbie says: "yes pre!"

...and the newbies end up endlessly debating each other over what settings they want and neither of them will Accept. often they both leave after having debated each other for 2 minutes or more (i know i could kick but when hardly anyone is online it's not always a good idea)

Yeah you should help train'em, it'll gradualy make the games better and more challenging, even though they can get annoyence, hence a game I was in.....I Harkonnen rushed this pretty bad Atreides player in 1v1 bc, Sandy Pass, 30, pre and crates ( his settings ) after he lost all his money because he spent them on turrets ( My opinion is building turrets to fend off a guy in your base Is The Last Call Of The Dead ) anyways, I ruled over him and just started destroying a few of his buildings and he started to yell " HACKER YOUR A HACKER! " I just let that one go then he follows the first statement with " NO ONE CAN BUILD THAT FAST!!!! YOU HACKER!!!!! " when he only had one fac and I havd 3 fac 3 sard barracks and 2 Fremen camps. But anyways ;D, thats the kind of stuff they need help on, as for me, I wont be playing that guy because I think he went all out kanly on me LOL. Until next post, Vilgent.

Just humor them. Most of them know almost nothing about gameplay so a small tip here and there can help point them in the right direction. I know it's sometimes really annoying to deal with them but I think it's worth it in the long run if they stick around, because the community grows that much bigger.

the community grows bigger to what end? they can either join endo or FEW, both of which have members who have been proven cheaters ::) very poor selection

some choice. what's the point of having a big online community if there are no real clans that exist?

the community grows bigger to what end? they can either join endo or FEW, both of which have members who have been proven cheaters ::) very poor selection

some choice. what's the point of having a big online community if there are no real clans that exist?

single members. there doesn't have to be clans in this.... :P

Clans ?

There are no relation between having a good and big online community and number of active clans.

Besides, I call to all you EBFD fans, even if you play just some times (like myself) to give some advice to new players and help them at least a bit in order to keep this game active. You can help also by choosing you allie, the less skilled guy, that's what i usually do.

If you do nothing then you are not helping EBFD.

Clans ?

There are no relation between having a good and big online community and number of active clans.

Besides, I call to all you EBFD fans, even if you play just some times (like myself) to give some advice to new players and help them at least a bit in order to keep this game active. You can help also by choosing you allie, the less skilled guy, that's what i usually do.

If you do nothing then you are not helping EBFD.

I am very sorry if I happened to offend you.

Very funny Nav ... you must be tee'd off at *FEW* and ENDO. Probably cause you think your good and wonder why they never considered asking you to join them. Matter fact ... even if you asked Pro to join *FEW* - you couldn't join the Senior clan but enter the ranks of us *Jr members of *FEW*. Now, that would be a hoot to see the great Nav with a Few*Jr tag.

EDIT: sorry that was just too hardcore of a message.Oper, I have always beat you in Emp and unless a miracle happens I will continue to beat you for a very long time into the future so don't post like you have a clue 'cause you don't. LOL