Favorite role playing game

lost_child

my parents woulnd't let us have D&D. my brother sneaked a few boxes in, but they got thrown out eventually.

there was another RPG by TSR that i loved back then, it was called Star Frontiers. anyone heard of it? it was out of print in the late 80's

Diablo compelling storyline? Which part was that? The part when you had to search the sphincter of a Spider Monster for Khalim's eyeball??? Diablo had *no* story and the last Cinematic was a *huge* disappointment and nothing other than gluttonous self-promotion for LOD. The finale and end Cinematic of LOD was even worse. I was devastated at how horribly half-baked the final Dungeon, Baal, and the end "movie" were. Totally pathetic.

Best RPG ever made: Betrayal at Krondor (which is also one of the very best video games ever made - if you've played it and it's not in your Top 3 video games of all-time list, something is seriously wrong with you)

Nav...Diablo has a story line. Before you make such comments, I'd suggest you'd try to play the game and pay attention. Again, this topic is about what you think is the best RPG, not the worst (in your opinion).

As for the last part of your reply, I'd suggest you'd try to think before you post..

As for the topic, Diablo has been and still is one of my favorite games of all times.

TMA, are you talking about Cyber Punk? I used to play that game, but now I can't find anyone who knows what it is. I'm a big D&D fan though.

My favorite RPG was Shadow Sorcerer. I played that when I was really young, and it got me hooked on computer games. I thought Baldur's Gate I was one of the hardest RPG's I've ever played.

I thought both Baldur's Gate I and II were very good. If you like the first one, you have to play the second. The graphics and storyline of BG II truly brought the world of Forgotten Realms to life (I like the game better than the books though). Don't forget Throne of Bhall as well. Probably one of the best expansions I've ever seen to a game. (in my opinion of course)

I have never played NWN but I did all of the BG's. As far as CRPG's go they are the best handsdown. The Diablo's were fun but when I died it was "oops I died". When I played BG especially BG2 when I died it was "You dirty SOB I'm comin' for you!!!" The BG Chronicles were simply better RPG's.