For Trekkies, and other people who like Star Trek

Timenn

heh i enjoyed all star treks. What i do find a bit irritating though is that some episodes are so boring like the holodeck. OMG this has to be the most dangerous room in the entire universe. Also if some borg transport to the bridge of the enterprise and there are like 9 staff members and 2 ensigns. Why do they always kill the ensigns :).

Another thing.

Worf: Captain shields are down to 40%. Shall i return fire?

Picard: No Worf, are you freaking nuts? First we have to make a staff meeting.

Worf: But sir i'm not sure if the ship holds that long....... shields are down to 17%

Picard: Ok target for their weapon systems, divert all power to phasers......... fire!

Worf: Sir their weapons have been disabled.

Picard: good now we can have some conversation here to clear things up!

Who goes to the other ship? ofcourse all important characters on the entire ship. They get captured and the enterprise can't do anything. So what the sollution? Ofcourse the CAPTURED staff members have to capture the alien ship and save the day.

A last note. Of ALL existing federation ships the Enterprise is the only ship that can save the universe. and still they don't have statues yet!

Ghola's remember everything. Haven't you read any of the dune novels?

Ghola: A dead creature whose body is healed and re-animated.

Spock: A dead guy who was healed and re-animated.

The only difference is that in Dune, everyone has genetic memories. In Star Trek, they don't.

How to stay alive if your a RedShirt.

1. No matter what the Captin. Says alwas keep your phaser on vaperize.

2. If your the only Red Shirt On the away mission p Turn the phaser on stun and shoot yourself. They will send you home.

3. Never! Never! Fan out. Alwas stay as close to the captin as you can. Or travel in groups of 10-15

4. Never Go anywhare alone

5.Never Go look behind that rock.

6. If you see any alien run like frell. Gawking will get you killed.

7.Put On LT bars. You may have a redshirt on but it will confuse the aliens long enough for you to run.

8.Run

9.Run

10 And Run somemore

10.Never be the first one to enter a room.

11.Never be the last one to enter the room.

12. If the captin wants you to go one way while him, spock, and macoy go one way. Go with them anyway.

13. Keep your tricorder in your pants.er....Alwas keep you hand on your phaser no matter what.

14. Dont touch the woman. They are death traps. They are ment for kirk. YOu touch them you will die.

15. Change your shirt.

Well, they remember on a different way then. A Ghola because of it's cells. And Spock by his spirit

Yeah, I said in the above post that was the only difference.

And it's not really hsi spirit, he just sent all his knowledge and memories telepathically itno mccoy.

Euh, the Enterprise was not the strongest ship in the fleet.

It was in the times of the first movie, then the Excelsior took over that part.

In the Next Generation [24th century] there where the U.S.S. Galaxy, the U.S.S Yamato and the U.S.S Odyssey. They where all destroyed besides the U.S.S Galaxy.

And although this is not mentioned and supported in any of the episodes Gene Rodenberry speculated [ don't ask me how ] that there where only 6 Galaxy class starships.

dude who cares ?

any combat in Star Trek after the Shatner series has been a complete snooze-a-palooza. On the real Star Trek, there was real action and suspense amonst Starship combat.

After that, it was just a matter of: "divert all power to warp drives so we can run away from this battle!"

or,

"Our holographic projection of a ship scared them away, let's go celebrate!'

or,

"These murderous thieves (guys who captured Levar Burton since the IDIOT Pickard sent one of his most important science Officers, all alone, to a strange unknown alien Ship - ROFL - how retarded can a so-called "Captain" get eh?) are no longer able to fire at us, but since they scared us so much when they had our Officer and were threatening to do bad things to him, let's leave this star-system immediately rather than towing them to Justice with a tractor beam. Heck, it's our duty as Federation Officers to bring murderers and thieves to justice, but since they guys scared us so much we'll just forget about them and leave them to go murder other innocent people in order to steal their ships."

Name ONE good battle in the original series.

And I mean space battle, not one of Kirk's shirt-ripping knife fights. Kirk had so much hand-to-hand combat you'd think he was on Dune!

Besides, ST has a lousy concept of space battles anyway. Where are the carriers, interceptors, scouts, corvettes, frigates, destroyers, cruisers, battleships?? WTF??

Balance Of Terror. Great space to space battle.

As for all of those vessels you mentioned Edric, Star Trek approaches space exploration/combat the "navy" way, instead of the "air force" way, meaning there are a few really big vesssels doing everything, instead of a hundred different really samll vesels, each with a different purpose.

What i didn't like was the idea, 'hey, we can't move, and a wormhole thats been here for centuries is open, look, all of a sudden, all of the enemy is coming through there, hmm, I wonder why that never happened before'

I think the Space Station was a bad move, having to wait for things to come to them.

Well, yes, the first two seasons are also known as Deep Sleep 9. ;)

But then they made contact with the Dominion, and, even better, went to war with them! It was war, sublime war... well, you get the point. The Dominion War kicked ass.

I agree the Dominion War did kick ass. If you people want to talk bad Trek Voyager is always a can that needs to be kicked. Shall we discuss the loser Janeway or perhaps her sidekick the ever complimenting Chakotay? At least in the other Treks they did not have a useless rattrollmutant working the galley.