How does WW do it??

GUNWOUNDS

[green]Okay i hear alot of people complain about WW not supporting emperor......but think about it.....These guys are pumping out a new game every month it seems ....its always the new flavor of the month...how do they do it?? Large staff?? .....I dont know... Well When i think about it i am not surprised.....there is no need to support a game if another one is right around the corner.........And there main market is KIDS .......kids dont care about customer service! C'mon people think about it... I will give you an example:I myself have a PS2 and a computer I have 3 really nice games for both.....3 games that i carefully reviewed and found to my liking..games that i wanted to be sure would have massive replay value and were really deep.Now i go to my little cousin's house... he is 10 years old ... he has a PS2 and computer also...BUT his game collection is VERY different from mine!!!He has 20-30 PS2 and computer games scattered all over the floor and his attention span for each one is less that a few hours.......when you take this into account as a game developer..........you are thinking ...hmmm i am not gonna try too hard to make this a great game cause some little kid is gonna dump it next to his other games after a few hours and want to play something else...and the Dev sure as hell aint gonna care about supporting the damn game cause if the kid wants a new flavor and new game... what is the point in suporting a game that kids have grown tired of.....Now i know many of you in here are teenagers or Adults....but I think the MAIN Gaming market is for smaller kids.... who frankly arent gaming connosieurs like the rest of us...and therefore we are the minority and will never ever get the quality and support for games like we want......So long as the Devs continue to create games with the concept in their minds that the children who play them have the attention span of a gnat.....well they arent gonna make them like we want them...except for maybe a few good games....but a few good games in an ocean of crap designed for kids..thats just unacceptable.[/green]

You are right to some degree. But: WW doesn't make a new game every week LOL. They are so dam slow and they mess up release dates etc.....And bugs are everywhere, they normally for there games make a few pacthes, fixs some stuff but they leave and the rest of em are gone. Until next post, Vilgent.

Kids? Who needs Kids??? The average grown adult person is a complete IDIOT.A piece of EA crap called "The Sims" is the best-selling PC game of all time FFS! And EA DOES release a crappy, full-priced "expansion" to "The Sims" - which is by far the crappiest PC software of all-time - every week, and idiot adults buy it by the millions.Just like the millions of idiots who bought Renegade after having already been screwed by Westwood. These same idiots are all revved up to buy Generals too!Westwood and EA don't need idiot kids to stay rich. They just need the average person in society to remain an idiot, as the status quo now is. Case in point: "The Sims" is the best-selling PC game of all time. ::)

Compare WW to Blizzard...

Which one makes more games with little support? Westwood.

Which one makes fewer games and supports them well? Blizzard

Which one is more successful? Blizzard. They take the time to do it right and then support the game after it's made...and they don't make hoardes of crappy games that they're tied down with so they never need to worry about.