Why did Westwood just abbandon Emporer

how feasible will it be create a patch for emperor? Would there be someone (or some people) out there who have the skills and knowledge to do it? If we all submit things that need to be patched and agree on the final list of things to change/add/remove, then perhaps it could be done.

Of course, i don't have a clue about games development and mods so could someone provide some (intelligible) feedback on this?

I was told it was because Emperor didn't sell very much but I was never given totals. It probably sold fairly well but just not up to the standards Westwood wanted.

And a patch is highly unlikely at this point seeing how anyone who worked on Emperor at Westwood is gone, well the important ones at least, and IG is working on other games and can't do anything without the ok from Westwood first.

sorry, i should have made myself clear - i was talking about creating the patch (v1.10) ourselves.

was thinking about it just now - it wouldn't work anyway, cos there'll be no way of making sure everybody downloads it b4 playing QM or custom games on WOL.

sorry, i should have made myself clear - i was talking about creating the patch (v1.10) ourselves.

was thinking about it just now - it wouldn't work anyway, cos there'll be no way of making sure everybody downloads it b4 playing QM or custom games on WOL.

I have had this idea myself.

I am of the opinion that if there were people who were *willing and able* to do the work, that EA would give clearance to those people to use the source code and allow for one last mandatory patching of Emperor to 1.10.

It would make good business sense for EA to give the go-ahead to the Emperor community to do that. However, the problem lies in making a formal and professional proposal to get this done.

If there was one, EA might listen...

A logical and non-flaming post from Nav.

:O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

He's right, though. :O They did say it was OK to Mod, and change XBF's and stuff, and they have pretty much abandoned Emp themselves, so why shouldn't they let us? It would be good for the game, and for their publicity.

You would have to make the patch, test it, correct it, test it some more, then integrate it into the WOL servers and deploy it through the standard patching methods. It would mean WW giving access to people they don't even know, and it might not even work! It's a virtual imposibility. It can't and won't it happen. Besides, I think emp is pretty damn good without a new patch. I think the gameplay and the balance is fine, save a few annoying nick-nack bugs, but once identified they're relatively easy to work around.

I agree with ace, i have been playing this game for long (dunno how long) but i really dont think it needs patching this game is just fine as it is.

A few little bugs but that comes with every game, and the only one that really hates it is nav, so fuck that.

Emp is a great game just leave it as it is.

yes true!

but if only they could make a patch without dc cheater!

cause it's happened to me that i've lost the connection...but it was not a volontary dc...pb with telecom company so i understand that we could banned a guy cause he s lost the connection 1 or 3 times during 1 or 2 months..

but i want to say that westwood could give us the right to back in a game after 2 or 3 minutes (or more) before finished the game, and so a unfortunatly man who don't want to dc could back before 3 mins and ONLY HIM could back in the game...if he won't back so he loose!!

i know it ll be not really easy to doing that...

and it ll be not funny to wait 3 mins a man.

but if the guy who not back always loose the dc cheating ll not be a pb.....

i hope u can understand what i say!

see you

PS: don't need to flame me with "it ll never work".....i just want to know if it's a good idea..or not...

True, forgot about that only thing that sux is the cheating.

but still from what i hear cheating in other games (ie renegade) is much worse then in emp, cuz as far as i know you cant use trainers (out of sync).

I haven't seen anyone cheating in Renegade. Although I've been accused of using an "aim bot" ::), I doubt there are any cheats for Renegade (maybe in non laddered games, but I only play laddered)..

I haven't seen anyone cheating in Renegade. Although I've been accused of using an "aim bot" ::), I doubt there are any cheats for Renegade (maybe in non laddered games, but I only play laddered)..

well it has been a long while since i visted the realm of Renegade, but I remeber way back when they released the modding/skin tools ppl were using them to make the stealth units visible (making them viewable on their screen [correct me if im wrong] and not on the other players). Thank goodness emp doesnt allow that... or what would be the use of feds then ;D

Like said, it's highly unlikely this happening in laddered games. I do not know about non laddered games though. Btw, usually the accusations of cheating happening in game. One guy ran into me about 7 times. All 7 times I killed him. He then said "docnyar is a cheat, cause he uses aimbot". I just told him that it wasn't a good idea to bounce bullets and granade shells back with his head". Never heard from him again..

Others immidiately stated that it was impossible to use cheats in laddered games *shrugs*..

Nyar there may not be *public* cheats that work on laddered games.....but there are *private* cheats that work ....these effective private cheats are designed for hackers by hackers and they dont release them to the general public like they do with the less effective public cheats. It is common knowledge that most gaming companies are able to stop the majority of public cheats but the few specially coded private cheats will not be stopped. In Addition since these private cheats are not released to the public... the game designers cannot analyze them to counter them as they are not avaible to the main public.So next time you are playing renegade Nyar and somebody kills YOU 7 times in a row... he might or might not be a cheater but it is a possiblity. And i am sure there are some privately coded aimbots out there for renegade............