Question about the prequels

Madluxan

Are they any better than the other sequels to Dune? Dune is my all time favorite book, but the sequels sucked. Too much rambling and not enough going on. I managed to trudge through Messiah and Children, but I've stopped dead on God Emperor.

Messiah is just about as good as dune with all the rest of the sequels being awseome as well.

The prequels, well, they're typical shot'em up with laser beam star warsy scifi, which, seeing as they are being written by a Star Wars author, ain't to surprising. Good for what they are, but not great by any means.

yeah. Episode I style politics and intrigue.lol nah I love starwars but thats what it feels like reading the books.

Oh yeah I loved episode I more than II. THat doesnt really matter but oh well.lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy about the pre-quels being shoot'em up. Frank Herbert could never do gaint battle scenes. I mean think about it, all of Dune was based really on Paul, and everything changed with Paul at the huge battle of Arrakien. Yet the huge battle starts at the end of one chapter and is done at the start of the other. And there was other times where Frank couldn't make battle scenes, I mean its not like I want a huge amount of battle scene sor anything but the battle of Arrakien was a huge part of Dune and you never really get any discription about it. Until next post, Vilgent.