Kwisatz Haderach 2 is out!

Edric O

This is it, the mod you've all been waiting for, with a hype to match! ;) The unofficial Emperor expansion, the most ambitious mod ever, the one, the only, etc etc etc ;D

For those of you who don't know, the mod replaces House Atreides with Corrino (a whole new House, completely different from the old Atreides) and gives new units to the other 2 Houses. Each House ends up with the same number of units, btw. I think it is a very well balanced mod, but if you find any imbalances I'll easily fix them in a patch.

Kwisatz Haderach 2 comes complete with superb new graphics by Nema Fakei. Every new unit and building has its own new textures.

Also, the mod fixes some old Emperor problems. Non-spice maps are fair (at last) and you can finally be red in skirmish (you can't be pink, but who wants to be pink anyway? :) )

There's also a new intro (well, the same as in KH1) and new music. But these will be a separate download, so people with slow connections don't have to get them if they don't want to.

I've uploaded KH2 to Emp Net and you can DOWNLOAD it from that server. Due to my slow connection, I couldn't also upload it to the FED2k server, but I hope Gob will take care of that problem. :)

Update: KH2 is now available on our server. The new intro will be added when it becomes available.

No way, ordos, harkonnon, and corrino.

But, what would be cool :

Ordos intelligence states that Corrino is too strong and flees.

Ordos changes their name and becomes a sub-house to the strongest house and in the end will assassinate their leader and take over.

Atreides. Harkonnen. and Corrino.

Any thing will do, as long as ORDOS STAYS IN THE PICTURE !!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

No way, ordos, harkonnon, and corrino.

But, what would be cool :

Ordos intelligence states that Corrino is too strong and flees.

Ordos changes their name and becomes a sub-house to the strongest house and in the end will assassinate their leader and take over.

Atreides. Harkonnen. and Corrino.

Any thing will do, as long as ORDOS STAYS IN THE PICTURE !!!!!!!!!!!

That's kinda what I did. Just read the final storyline when it comes out. ;)

Yes, but KH2 is better, with more textures, well balanced, and a lot more people d/l it (OVER 1600 downloads and counting)

1. I will have textures. Does "Beta" mean anything to you?

2. It is well balnced. You ought to shut up, because you've never played it.

3. You keep forgetting: 1340 of those are from KH1. That's like combining all of AlphaBeta's mods' counts. Then they would be highest. ::)

Even without those 1340, KH2 still has been downloaded over 300 times, and counting.

Also, I did play CR. How else do you think I found out about your Lion Tank? And I think the Corrino are FAR too weak, that's why it's inbalanced.

How many textures does CR have? Kwisatz Haderach 2 has new textures for every new building and unit.

I took the liberty of editing your post, because you (deliberately?) inflated the number of KH1 downloads. This topic is about KH2. Any more off-topic posts will be deleted. It was my fault for bringing it off-topic in the first place, I know. Sorry. :(

Unfortunately, we can't modify the xbf's (the models)... :'(

But they all have new textures. And Nema found an ingenious way to make things LOOK like they have new models: He gave certain pieces an invisible texture. This is like erasing parts of the model, and can create the impression of a slightly different model.

Yes, this method was great for getting rid of those annoying atreides eagle heads. :)

The thing is, Leto, KH1 also had two versions. The one with music and movies had the 1340 downloads you know about, while the smaller one had some 800 downloads...

In any case, I will send my operatives to asses and remove the SoA threat. ;D j/k

Unfortunately, we can't modify the xbf's (the models)... :'(

But they all have new textures. And Nema found an ingenious way to make things LOOK like they have new models: He gave certain pieces an invisible texture. This is like erasing parts of the model, and can create the impression of a slightly different model.

Why can't you? I did for 2 units.

• 8 months later...