BO for QM

Marcel71

Ok, here my BO for qm. It's not that great, but well.... it took me to first place. Off course the BO is just half of the game, the other part is tactics and controlling units.

Game Starts:(NEVER EVER UPGRADE CONYARD in the beginning)

Just click: Build Fac, 3/4 scouts, upgrade ref, 4 shooting men.

The upgraded ref is just ready before the fac so: Upgrade ref, place Fac, build second ref.

Start pumping buzz.

Try to upgrade the second ref fully (without being insuficient funds). Here it kind of depends on the map and if spice is close or not.

From now of on it depends who your opponent is and what he is building. But if it is hark, build 1 Sard barrack, and a third ref. Upgrade third ref and more Sard barracks and fremen.

With Atr.: Use Fremen. Don't let them grow big!! (worm driving in his spice field) for attack on mino's: micro management. Drive a buzz close to them with your missle behind it. They shoot at the buzz and your missle takes out 1 mino. When the missle is shooting, already order to go WAY BACK to your own units. He will shoot all his missles and then retreats safely.

With Ordos: hell i dunno, i hate them, but fedyakin combined with normal fremen/sards would be good. (and a couple of planes would not hurt either).

Always go for their econemy. First take care u got lots more units and then go for the final attack.

If you have a lot of buzz u can't attack the base, but send 2 engi's with the attack and go for them buildings. Take care your turret is ready to be placed. With atr always go for the barracks first. You don't have to capture them, but at least a building close so you can destroy it with turret.

GL and let me know what it did for you ;)

Don't pump buzzsaws, the assaults are much better in against minos or other vehicle.

And what is your position in qm?

Maybe assault is better against kobra, but there are no match for infatery or feds.

Just lots of buzz and a few assault or missle for support against kobra or mino.

Here is a strategy that sometimes works if your opponent is slow. Move pack up your construction yard and move, to a rock with only one ramp, making it move defendable, thus, using less units for defence. But before you go build a windtrap so if you get in the shiznit or get pressed for space you can build from your original rock. It worked for me once. And People stop talking about Sards and Fremen. Ya we know they are good. But come on! Try something new.

Barron

Mech, he's asking what is you rank in QM, as in "how good are you at this game".

Marcel, you should know that Mech doesn't play online. That's why he has such weird strategies. Most of them don't work against human opponents.

Mech, he's asking what is you rank in QM, as in "how good are you at this game".

Marcel, you should know that Mech doesn't play online. That's why he has such weird strategies. Most of them don't work against human opponents.

oh yeah, same here. i can't play online. my stategies are weird too, :P .

I was just reffering to how you said a Mino would kill a Kobra in 1 vs 1, and that a Las Tank supposedly can't kill an Assault Tank... sorry if you misunderstood me.

Yes, i did say it like how you understanded.

About the Kobra & Minotaurus, sorry, i shouldn't of insisted, because i never had a chance to try that fairly, because i bearly send only one type of unit out to the battlefield. Your right Edric O, if them 2 shoots 1v1, the mino will lose, i though the mino would win was because it dishes out more damage than the Kobra but not awearing that the Kobra has stronger armour.

And for the Assault tank and Laser, it depends, if the Laser shoots first, then it could just circle around it without retaliation until its gone, if the Assault hits first, the Laser will slow down and its advantage is lost and so will be the unit.

even when the tank gives the first hit the lasertank can get away nice and clean, it just loses his shield in the first blow....the second blow is deadly coz it wont be able to get away anymore due to his decreased speed after the blow.

This is how it is.. no guesses, just plain experience.

• 2 weeks later...