Westwood Not Answering Fully

Gobalopper

There seems to be some confusion out there about the information Westwood is giving out. They have just been giving out a general form letter to answer the questions regarding Dune 2000 due to the incredible response. Which means for now not a lot of new information. This letter does not give out any new information just answers some of the most asked questions, so here is what they are sending out. There is also a interview that we have seen already(not included here):

Dear Dune 2000 fan,

Sorry for the form letter, but response to Dune 2000 has been too overwhelming. Here are the answers to the most asked questions:

-- It'll be out in May in the U.S. Worldwide the release might vary a bit, but it will be near May.

-- We don't need beta testers at this time. Sorry.

-- There will not be a demo.

-- Dune 2 will not ship with Dune 2000.

-- There will not be a patch to upgrade Dune 2. Dune 2000 is a completely new game written for Windows 95. It would be impossible to upgrade Dune 2 to Dune 2000 with a patch.

-- The music of the original game has been rewritten by our own Frank Kleplacki. He also wrote the music for the original as well as every Westwood game since 1991.

-- It may or may not run under Windows NT. We are still testing the game.

-- To play Dune 2000 over the Internet, you must do it through Westwood Online, which is a free service. The latest Westwood Online software will be on the Dune 2000 disk.

All other info is on www.westwood.com. Check it out. Again, sorry for the impersonal mail. But I do want to respond to everybody. And I'm excited that the response is so overwhelming. Dune 2000 is going to be a great game, and I hope people like it as much as I do.

Thanks!

Aaron Cohen

Westwood Studios

If you would like a copy of this entire message send me an email.