Read it or die!

Gobalopper

Ok Mahdi, Shaddam, Davo, and myself are tired of having to read through a whole bunch of crap every day and deleting stuff that is offtopic or just plain stupid. So from now on we will just be closing threads that start to get offtopic. We will allow some but the current amount is to much. These boards are meant to discus Dune games and Dune in general along other topics that don't become pointless ramblings.

If you want to post back and forth between eachother, ie hold a conversation, use ICQ or something similar not the messageboard. Also don't "bring back" old threads that haven't been posted to in months unless you have something useful to add. There are lots of good threads but I have seen a surge of "crap" recently that I want to stop before it gets out of hand. If you don't like the rules... well to bad. :)

This Vernius guy is not very bright is he. Gob I can understand you're problem but you simply have 2 much forums! I ony visit 2 of them and lots of other people do so they post it here. Closing some old ones down might help, or merge some.

Riper

"General

Discussion of topics not found in the other boards, within the discretion of the moderators."

I dont get it?

Refer back to "discretion of the moderators."

And as for closing, Well most likley only be closing topics that no one has anything to say about anymore.  In other cases I'll just be deleting.  I gave the same warning last night, so don't be so shocked.

If you guys want a thread re-opened you can always send one of use a message and we can unlock it. For the most part I close threads that are going off-topic, the original topic may have been good but then it becomes stupid.

We don't need more moderators so I won't be asking for any. I won't be getting rid of boards because for the most part the problems arise in the more popular boards like Emperor, General, and Duniverse.

For the most part there are really only a few posters that are causing problems. I don't mind the occasional really off-topic post but recently there has been too many which is why I posted this.

Eek, well the Moderators are always right...except when we say they aren't!  ;)  *can already feel the glare* Ok, the Moderators are always right when they are not abusing power.  WHich none do to my knowledge.  As for the closing of threads, I asked for the closing of the Survivor thread.

I feel heavily offended by the 'stupid posts'. Like this post is so useful. People are starting to ask what sticky and locked means. I think you should lock this topic, for it's starting to get stupid. Oh yeah, uhu.

Riper