best rts game

lost_child

The best ? I don't dare calling one game the best.

There are a lot of different types of RTS games and I don't want to place them all on one big pile.

But I do have a favorite of my own ;

- Yuri's revenge

- Dune 2000

- Star Fleet Command

[ based on gametype, -play and storyline, the last is ofcourse stricktly personall ]

Dune 2000 and Emperor Battle For Dune. Starcraft is too tedious to play (you think you've fixed everything and then something else goes wrong with your base  >:( ) Emperor Battle for Dune can be quite funny at times, for example, when a scout appears suddenly and 8 Minotauruses blast the crap out of it!  ;D

starcraft has a higher degree of strategy over say emperor. is a slower game u have more time to think. it takes longer to make stuff and get ur base moving. and no one attacks for a while. but in starcraft ppl always rush, and its much more fast paced

Starcraft

In my opinion it has by far the most strategies that you can choose from.... no game is the same... and i never feel like... what shall i build now.... in emperor i just can't choose what to build, either mino's or mongooses or whatever... in starcraft i always know what i need... and every unit in starcraft is valuable... Also micromanagement is very important in starcraft

So starcraft wins quite easily from any other game in my opinion.. i think it's the best game ever... but ofcourse that's just my opinion

HOMEWORLD this game is da bomb.....3D strategy game it's like a new idea, plays well, unlimited strategy unlike starcraft. This is because homeworld is set in space...so there aren't many obstacles at all...only the occasional asteroid field. Starcarft is a map on ground where certain points of the map are vital to victory. HOMEWORLD KICKS A$$ best RTS EVA! go but now..even though it's 2 yrs old..howeva HW2 is coming!