Best Atreides Rush

Moose212

Actually, no there isn't. House Ordos is for rushing. The Atreides are for turtling and long drawn-out games.

Still, Atreides is the WORST House for rushing. The famed Ordos rush or even the Hark buzzsaw rush are better than anything the Atreides can scrape up.

Edrico, shame, shame, shame on you. Am i gonna have to dust off the ol' EBFD game just to prove you wrong?? heh, hi all, Been a while :)

Here's a rush i liked to use against ordos and hark. Build your factory and infantry barracks. Pump out 5 mongooses and about 20 snipers, then boom, send all to their base. The snipers, one shot one kill, take out all the infantry that can easily kill mongooses. The mongooses kill anything heavy (remember your early in game, not TOO much heavy stuff)

The mongooses also devastate their harvesting if you get there before the base.

Last thing i love about this tatic. Mongooses can shoot while running away. So if you get screwed (usually cause you didn't "spread" your snipers and they send flametroopers or gas troopers at you) You can still do damage while running back to your base (or your partners if you want to make him mad, heh)

Edit* forgot to add that there is micromanaging involved. For instance, you can't move up your snipers too far in front of the mongooses or the opponents vehicles will wipe out your snipers. Same goes for the mongooses, don't get them too close to the opponents infantry or bye bye mongooses. Good tatic, used it many a time against hark. Less successful against ordos cause ordos allways dust scout rush as a standard tatic anyways (bleah!)

FWH

There has to be a way.

Yes, there are Atreides rushes, but they mostly SUCK, it's because westwood makes BALANCED games, They made all Atreides units expensive, making it very hard - impossible to make an EFFECTIVE rush.

btw. if you want to know an Atreides rush, bike rush ;) lol, guerentee loss for you ;D or how about the mighty scout rush ;D ;D

The best atreides rush is the "clam strat" where you place 1 mongoose in the enemy spice field protected by 6 sandbikes and light infantry.

The mongoose kills the carryalls and harvs and when the enemy is out of cash you move in his base to finish off the battle.

The best atreides rush is the "clam strat" where you place 1 mongoose in the enemy spice field protected by 6 sandbikes and light infantry.

The mongoose kills the carryalls and harvs and when the enemy is out of cash you move in his base to finish off the battle.

Yes, but i know a perfect thing against the clam strategy lol ;) let's go and crack some clams ::)

Anyway, these are some of the ways to crush a mino army:

1. drop some devastators next to the group.

2. use worms.

3. hit 'n run with missile tanks (possible!)

4. hit 'n run with lasertanks.

5. use air to ground airplanes.

6. use a bigger mino army (lol, newbies! ;D )

7. tactical use of elite's wil crush a mino army too!

8. prevent him from getting a mino army.

9. prevent his army from reaching your base and stabb him in the back with another rush on his low-defence base.

Some strategies ;)

Well i have rushed with atreides but that is only when i see i can defeat there units. Best thing to do whwn rushing ( in my opinion with any house ) is sardaukars, sards, they are the key of surviving any rush, atleast to me.

THey chew up everything that gets on there way. 3 sard barracks and pump em like mad man. Sards + bikes, once u have reached there base then sards do good damage against buildings.

But as i said i only rush em when im sure i can beat em, no point in wasteing ure army, let em come.

what i do for atr rush... though some of u may know i usually play ordos.... is:

setts:

10k,any map, no specials selected (crates, etc.)

i build barracks(to scout) and make non stop cheap inf.

then i build ref. (fully upgrade)

then fac (upgrade) and while upgrade build one sand bike

then non stop minos

then another ref (upgrade)

then another fac

then another ref

and continue on that...

some times it works.... sometimes it don't.

Afraid to say your all wrong. You can rush with Atreides, its a combo of sand bikes, feyds, infantry and a lot of micromanaging. Until next post, Vilgent.

u damn right vilgent, i dont see why u counl't rush with atr,just that most people cant play atr well and therefore only try to make mino's,but u can make bikes and inf (not snipers) with some micro and u can rush just the same as with hark or ordos just gotta know what ur doing.