PLEASE POSTERS READ THIS

PToN

I just want to kind of help here by telling people that PLEASE MAKE YOUR POSTS in the RIGHT SECTION, since HALF OF THE POSTS HERE WERE LOCKED for that the reason already mentioned.Many of you may say WTF he htinks he is, i just want his to look good and organized. I also think that many persons here are with me. " Correct me if I am wrong "Thanks

I say, make all the Emperor forums into just one forum, that way no one in the Emperor community gets isolated from the discussion (as is now the case: the majority only read this forum and do not bother with the many strategy forums, and who can blame them since there are so many?) and everyone gets the responses they were hoping for.

I've noticed this and i think its a problem. I can see that the moderators want order to the post subjects. But on the other side, this site has had a large influx of people come from EBFD's CLOSED board. So those people all want to post things in the EBFD section, even though the topic may deviate from JUST dune. IT's only normal

I sincerely hope that the moderators recognize this and act accordingly. If a moderator moves a topic how long would it take to give the person a IM saying the topic was moved NOT just because the mod wanted something to do, but cause the boards would go to pot if they didn't stay organized, cause this site DOES have a lot of sections, even though everyone on EBFD may not see that since they don't visit the other sections much

I also think there should be a little more freedom in posting in ebfd's section just cause so many people moved from the official site to here, so their used to posting everything in the place where ebfd players will see it.

For example, Who cares if someone who plays dune2k sees my post about "favorite music to listen to when playing games" when my intended audience is EBFD players, even if the topic doesn't specifically say so. I think mods should keep this in mind. A board is only as fun as you mod's and admins allow, if you keep moving and deleting (especially without any empathy) then the forum becomes less fun and people move on

About the split forums, It's just something you get used to. I don't see anyproblem and to be honest, I like it the way it is. You can easely locate the topics you want to read. As I do not play EBFD anymore, I hardly look in this forum.

My 2cnts..

Although it is not hard to locate and go to the designated Forums, the fact of the matter remains that most people will not do this, for whatever reason. Out of stupidness, lazyness, whatever the reason may be. The majority of Emperor players will not visit the other Forums on a regular basis, so to have the Forums split like they are now is playing a large role in stifling communication amongst the Emperor players.

The Tech Support Forum should say sepearate, but for the reason of people largely being too incompetent/unwilling to find the other Emperor Forums, there shouldn't be more than one other Emperor Forum.

posting in the wrong board just because your too lazy to visit the right one is just st00pid >:(

i wont be surpriced if some day there's an topic like "i just bought the game and i will trade it for another game because the comm. SUCKS!!"

Listen, if all EBFD forums were pulled together, topics will dissapear real fast. Then people will get lazy (stupid, or whatever reason to use Nav's words) and do not search for previous posted topics. If they then ask a question which has been asked before, they get flamed. Because they get flamed, topics will be locked.. So what's the big difference with the current situation ? The way things are right now, posts will not dissapear that quick, if you look for a stratagy on a certain house, it's easy to find.

Again, let it be the way it is now..

fast. Then people will get lazy (stupid, or whatever reason to use Nav's words)

i can't believe what nyar just said :O

i thought nyar always had "nice" things to say :O

guess even old dusty ppl have some action in'em ;D

I agree with the initial post totally.

Split boards are more organised. And if someone is too lazy to search the other boards, then it's their own fault if they miss things. Combining the boards will make a single, atrocious mess.

I don't see how you [nav] can say the majority of the E:BFD community doesn't go to both. Just because some don't post in one, doesn't mean they don't look. Jeez nav, making up facts in your head to try to prove your point. You don't know the majority of the E:BFD community, and also I've seen guests viewing both, so...if you combine all of them into one, then there will be millions of posts, and then posts at the bottom will go to next page, and people will never see them. So it only creates confusion.

Good point, the split boards do serve the purpose of keeping strategies for one thing in one place, making sure topics don't disappear fast. This in the long run does save more server space by having the topics in smaller forums to look up instead of posting several dozen of the same thing over and over again. As for what Nyar said, Go Doc!

The only possibility at this point would be combining the Emperor strategy boards into one and I've talked to Timenn about it before. In the past we didn't because they were still fairly busy but once he gets back from holidays we will probably take a look at the situation again.

At this point it might be better to just have one strategy forum for Emperor but I'm not going to combine the strategy and general forums.