Fred Durst

TMA_1

This, I believe is the most pointless post I have done. I have to say it though because its been on my mind. Do any of you guys think he has the most annoying voice ever? its like he is whining. He has an extremely horrible voice.lol This is the general forum so I think I can post a dicussion like this.

I think the way he uses his voice is what makes it horrible. His "music" is horrible 'cause he insists on screaming everything. Because of that, his "music" is better described as noise pollution.

If you can stand listening to his voice on parts where he actually *does* sing, you'll realize that he quite a good voice. It's tragic that it all has to go to waste with the obscene noise pollution him and his band creates.

Actually, TMA likes to tease ;), Fred Durst is a good singer, and I like most of the songs on chocolate starfish cd. Hey Nav guess what - some people like that music :P It isn't noise pollution, but rather music for when you are in a bad mood.

Screaming is not rock. besides, that is a *realllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy* gay name for a band. icky.I can give Fred Durst props on two points though:1. He supported Napster and the free exchange of music among people everywhere. Unlike those losers Metallica and Dr. Dre and Feminem etc. who have to go suing anyone and everyone they think they can squeeze money out of, because: "file sharing has resulted in me only making $35 Million U.S. this year, instead of my usual $36 Million!!!!" For Fred Durst being man enough to support file sharing, he gets mad respect from me.2. On their second album, they state how BS it is that groups like BSB and S Club Seven and Britney Spears and what not don't even make real music. That is soooooooooooooooo true. It's mindless pop-drivel, and the people involved in those groups have no talent whatsoever aside from the ability to sing. It really bugs me personally when I hear BSB or N Sync referred to as "bands". WTF? They are not bands! They should never be called bands. They should be scorned, boycotted, and ridiculed for infesting North American pop culture with such mindless drivel which has absolutely no artistic merit. Fred Durst took the time on the second album to point all this out quite clearly, so he also gets mad respect for that.

Nav, Fred Durst is no different than Britney Speares of the Backstreet Boys. He's a manufactured band whose songs have no meaning (especially when you realize that the guy singing those songs against "the man" is, in fact, one of "the men").

He's nothing more than a glorified poser.

Mahdi, Fred Durst is a musical greatness. Compared to Britney Spears and what she "does" or "doesn't do", Fred is a genius. And his songs do have meaning, I did some research and he had said in the past that most of songs relate to his opinions and the world around him, and some with his growing up.

My favorite lyric of his:

"how pathetic are people who verbally rape us with talking? we try to ignore them ignore them until they keep talking they think that they’re building an empire without us but we’ve got the torch now we’ve got the fire to burn this motherf*cker down"