How to stop Devo's ?

Devastator_Mech

No player in his right mind will ever walk a Devastator to the enemy base. Therefore, I concentrate on my anti-aircraft defences to take down the Advanced Carryalls. I also keep Kindjal and Mongoose in my base, so that if any do make it down, they'll be in for a nasty shock.

(Heheh, the back of my base is also hard, not just the front).

I'll use the inkvines to force your defence units out, and the missiles, flames, and devastator will be covering it. Usually they'll(your forces) be crippled as they rush, and the Missile will then finish off any turret, while they kindjals are drink poison from the inkvine and here come the devastators and Gunships in the middle of your base.

Once all the conyard and warfactory is gone, i've won already.

In the first place, I don't sit around and wait for the enemy to come knocking on my door. Before you even start getting your first Devastator, I'll have dropped engineers to fix your buildings. You will be able to build nothing, and will have your economy in tatters from my Air Drones if you are not careful. Then I'll just pop up turrets in your base and sell all your buildings after that. Resistance is futile. I've been owned so many times by so many people. You don't think I learn anything from it?

You underestimate the good old engineer drop. Humans cannot pay attention to every aspect of the battlefield at a time. I'll get your attention with a feint, then I'll move them in. Otherwise, I'll have them so fast that your Missile Tank will still be inside the factory in production, by the time I drop in for a visit. ;D

That means you will be building a turret right after you build your Barracks and upgrade your Construction Yard. Not a very good BO. I have other methods of testing your defences as well. Once, I found I was a newbie getting advice from people (not to name anyone). ;) Now I find that I'm giving advice to newbies! :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...