How to stop Devo's ?

Devastator_Mech

Btw Mech, despite what WW says, House Harkonnen is not built for raw power. In a frontal assault, Atreides owns Hark.

You need somewhat "sneaky" tactics to win with Hark, unless your opponent is a newbie. The Atreides don't need superior numbers to beat Harks, it's the other way around! (unless you harass them and actually use STRATEGY, like the Ordos always do and the Atreides never do)

Emperor is a real time STRATEGY, and the House with most strategy is Ordos. If you don't rush with Ordos, you need good strategy to win. Same with Hark against Atreides.

Ah yes, but your original group included only 3 Missile Tanks. And I can take the Minos off guard to prevent them firing at the Devas, so I can toast your Missile tanks first.
Then i'll send the devos in front and toast your minotaurus(your mino will soon counter-attack)and then thats my chance of toasting the rest of the minos while being covered by the devo.

If two players skills are in the same level, and one is using Atreidies while the other is using Ordos, my money will surely by on Atriedies side.

Its because even if you rush with Ordos units, they wouldn't hurt your foe much, all Ordos units are just too weak in all form of ways.

Even the most powerful unit that Ordos own : Kobra. Its still no match with other units thats in the same tech level. Minotaurus, smash it, Missile tank, smash it even harder.

To handle those ADP's you must build AirDrones, and have some Mongooses standing by when the Launchers attack. They haven't the same range, but the Deva's aren't there then, so that doesn't matter

For the 1000000th time, Mech, ORDOS UNITS ARE NOT WEAK!! You just don't know how to use them!

1. A KOBRA WILL KILL A MINO 1 ON 1

2. A KOBRA IS ONE OF THE FEW UNITS THAT CAN SURVIVE A FULL MISSILE TANK BARRAGE, THEN REGENERATE

3. LASER TANKS MAKE SHORT WORK OF ANY ASSAULT TANKS AND MONGOOSES

Now do you get it?

The Mino might have a repair vehicle, but the Kobra has SELF-REPAIR.

Like Desert Eagle, I have also tested these things (especially the Laser Tanks) many times and they WORK. I can show you online. We could test every single Ordos unit and you'll see the results.

Calm down. Desert Eagle.

And all you try it all out, all those little battles.

And, Mech, if you don't reply to that other post of me, about the Mino against the Kobra (see Ordos Wall) you can't say much about that. And according to the rules, A mino can't survive a missile blow of the Missile Tank. (No veteran inlcuded whereever)

And this topic was originally about stopping Devastators.

Calm down. Desert Eagle.

And all you try it all out, all those little battles.

And, Mech, if you don't reply to that other post of me, about the Mino against the Kobra (see Ordos Wall) you can't say much about that. And according to the rules, A mino can't survive a missile blow of the Missile Tank. (No veteran inlcuded whereever)

And this topic was originally about stopping Devastators.

Indeed, so we're kinda going of course.

Hmmmm.......i gsuess I'd send the cheapest air fodder I can get in numbers of about 5-15 (air drones), **while those distract the missle tanks and the dev's missle launchers I'd send 10-20 leeches IF I happened to be allied with Talextu, if not....**I'd send a stealth APC full of engineers ;D to that player's base (I'm pretty good at micro), then I'd send 5-8 mongooses to attack from behind on a suacide misson to attack Missle tanks, ink vine, and flame tanks while the missles vehicals fire at the fodder and have 4-8 minos attack from front, **while this happens depending on the map size, IF the other player has scouts in base, I'd unleash the engineers in the enemys base.

** disreguard-slightly off topic:

Only with Atraties Units.

** The post challenges to destroy this assult company, not ATTACK THE ENEMY BASE. Ooops ;)

WOW, then this counter has quite some units involved.

And its kind of like out-numbering to me and not plan, why won't you just say use 20 Minotauruses and hit it head on? Or 50 mongooses?

And my point at the start isn't that my combo is invincibe, but its impossible to stop it without out-numbering it or spend more money in countering it than the combo actually cost.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Deploy the Harkkonen MCV and u have have Hark technolegy. Once in a skirmish i Engineered it's factory, then placed turrets around it's..err...*my* factory and made a MCV then i air-lifted it back to my base...after the comp built some mortars my toowers were gone, but in the end i killed it with it's own weps. :)

I balanced Hark force like that would be hard to stop.

The best way to stop it depends on what you have at the time. I'd suggest getting rid of the flametanks and Inkvines first, if possible, because then you can easily march in Feds to take out the Devastators. It's hard to comment without seeing the exact unit placement of his army and what you had at the time. A really good solution would be Hawkstrike if you happen to have one powered up, but most good players have much better things to do than make Palaces, at least not until very late in the game.

I've used Atreides/Sards/Fremen against many of the best players in QM and my conclusion is that Sards suck against mass Minos, mass Inkvines, or mass Kobras. My new strat is Minos/Fremen/NIABS. If the Hark guy does not kill me before I get Minos/NIABS out in strong numbers, he's toast. As long as you micro your NIABS properly and make sure your Minos follow close behind so that if he attacks your NIABS with Fedaykin or Sards, then your Mino fire will wipe them all out in a matter of seconds, you'd be in really good shape (make your Minos attack-move as they follow your NIABS to make it easier, and assign both to separate group numbers). NIABS own Hark, including Devastators and (most happily for me personally, Inkvines ;D) , and if you have Minos right behind your NIABS, his Fedakyin/Sards/Light Infantry is not going to accomplish anything other than giving your Minos free chevrons. ;D

but use Mongeese with them cause they could easily be attacked by gunships or even an ADP. Niabs can get away super fast but minos cant.

But the fact is Mr.Devomec ( ;D ), and good atraties player will have a mass asort ment of (A) Minos (B) Kindjal © A few mongooses mixed in (D) some other stuff. What I'm trying to say is it would have to be executed well or you should have twice that number of Devos and tanks to be able to come out on top agenst an atraties player