NYAR! global tech support for windows XP?

hi!

well, anyone fell free to join this topic:

i have a winXP on one of my computers, and it has some problems:

1.it hooks up (freezes) when running games (with a long beeep that actually stops when i restart)

2.when writing big files to drive c windows crashes saying it hd done so becase of a fault that was a possible hazard to one of the computers` components.

3.it has a problem with detecting new hard drive when i add it (as secondary slave, or master)

any ideas ?

"Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll

Driver Version: 5.12.01.0634 (English)

DDI Version: 7

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 10/5/2000 14:42:00, 909368 bytes"

doesn't look new to me..

As you have a GeForce, any reason why you aren't using the latest Nvidia drivers ?

basicly from anywhere to drive C (including drive c to drice C copy).

already checked the following:

1. in dos mode the computer won't crash

2. files smaller than 100MB won't make XP crash

3. when creating very big files on drive c (photoshop pictures, or using mathlab modeling) XP crashes . (in the process of creating the file)

Make sure your windows temp folder is empty.

Also, how much drive space on C do you have left ?

You also stated it had problems detecting any new drives. What type of drives are you trying to put in ? Also, what is currently connected to your primary and secondary IDE controller ?

And what exact problem is it with detecting new drives ?

well...

since my other HD's are very very small, i can't install winXP on any of `em.i checked with dos, and now the computer allows me to copy large files in DOS mode ONLY!!!

could it be a bad controller ?

just replaced motherboard, it seems the the problem is still there.

Well, if it would eb a controller thing, you wouldn't have succeded in copying files in DOS mode as well.

What you might want to do is to check for any updated drivers for your motherboard chipset. There might be updated drivers, especially concerning the fact you're running XP.

hi, i am back!

guess what nyar. i reinstalled everything, from hardware to software, formated the HD reinstalled windows when suddenly i realized i have not entered the password to windows setup. also it never asked for validation. i had to go to the shop and have my windows XP copy be replaced. i installed it again, and the 100 MB limit is still there. got any ideas ?

I've been asking and searching and there micht be 2 possibilities (believe me when I tell you you're not the only one suffering this problem):

1) first thing you could try is to lower the DMA mode of your harddrive to PIO mode.

2) Another thing might be that it's caused by your motherboard. I've seen many instances where motherboards (with VIA chipsets !!) were the cause of this problem.

Note that if you go for option 2, I can't garantee that it's solved after you've replaced your motherboard..