Ending games before they are finished

IxianMace

I'd like to know:

Is it okay to 'quit the game' before it has actually finished? Like when you know you are going to lose and you might as well just go? Or should you stay till the end and fight until the last unit and structure has been obliterated?

I'd like to know:

Is it okay to 'quit the game' before it has actually finished? Like when you know you are going to lose and you might as well just go? Or should you stay till the end and fight until the last unit and structure has been obliterated?

If it's a QM or BC game, quit whenever you want since the other player still gets the points and the goal of those games it to earn points.

If it's a skirmish game, no points are involved so it's nice if you let the enemy obliterate your base when possible. Especially on small 4 player maps.

However, if your enemy completely kills your economy then stops attacking for the next 30 min etc., feel free to quit. ;D I like to toy with my prey, so in QM I will often do this.

Also, even if I have won, I will not waste units. So if the enemy is dead yet has a strong base defense that will waste many of my units by entering, I will wait until I have the units/tools to penetrate his defenses by losing as little units as possible before I attack.

Not if it quits the game and gives the points to the other person. They should have made it that the only way to get out was surrendering, like StarCraft, and if you press alt+f4 or it quits to desktop, then the points go to the other.