Spice making my game crash!?

maltebyte02

Cannot say for sure, but there are high chances this is caused by an incompatibility between the editor you use and your version of the game .exe file.

Are you using the new editor (I think 2.11) without the new .exe? This could be the issue. The new editor and new exe have completely changed how spice works in the code.

If you have the new exe and use the new editor, another reason can be that you are trying to launch the map with the cncnet client (which does not run dune2000.exe, the new version, it instead uses the dune2000-spawn.exe file which contains the cncnet patches). You did not specify what type of map it is, so I am just mentioning all things I know can cause that crash for spice. If this is the case, you will have to remake the map in the old version of the editor (probably 2.10 or whatever the number was) because, as I mentioned, 2.11 changes the way spice works.

On 10/28/2022 at 12:49 PM, Feda said:

Cannot say for sure, but there are high chances this is caused by an incompatibility between the editor you use and your version of the game .exe file.

Are you using the new editor (I think 2.11) without the new .exe? This could be the issue. The new editor and new exe have completely changed how spice works in the code.

If you have the new exe and use the new editor, another reason can be that you are trying to launch the map with the cncnet client (which does not run dune2000.exe, the new version, it instead uses the dune2000-spawn.exe file which contains the cncnet patches). You did not specify what type of map it is, so I am just mentioning all things I know can cause that crash for spice. If this is the case, you will have to remake the map in the old version of the editor (probably 2.10 or whatever the number was) because, as I mentioned, 2.11 changes the way spice works.

Yes it is editor v 2.11! True!