Bill Gates Is NOT An Idiot Afterall!

Desert_Eagle25

Though we all ahte windows, note this FACT: If Linux was currently in Microsofts place, with the monopoly and all that, we would hate that instead, same goes for macs etc. Windows is best, otherwise it wouldn't be where it is now.etc
I see your point. "Windows" is the best way to go. BUT, Windows 98 SE is still way more popular than XP and was outselling XP (maybe is still?) for the longest time after XP was released. Why should end-users be forced to upgrade to a newer, more evil version of the same OS every few years?MS will pull Windows 98 from the market soon, and *force* everyone to upgrade to XP. If Linux was in a position of control yes it would be because it was the best, but as long as Linux had a monopoly yet didn't force users to upgrade to the latest version which bastardizes functionality and removes features that they love while adding more Advertising partners into the OS itelf (ie: Kodak and Future Shop in XP... if that does not make you cringe with terror, nothing will) as well as branding Linux 100 000 000 times on every single screen in the Linux OS, people would not hate it like MS. It's not just the monopoly of MS that gets me irate, it's the fact that MS exploits end-users because they *can*. In the next MS OS I bet you will see pre-installed spyware and adware that is part of the actual OS, that can never be removed. :O

No, Jacob, the "we are best" lie is propagated by Bill Gheyts (;) ) to help his cause. Windows WAS best, now it's just riding the tide of its own monopoly.

Of course I would hate Linux or Mac just as much if they were in MS's position. That's the point: MONOPOLY IS BAD. No-one must have a monopoly!

Large corporations are always evil, no matter how good their products sometimes are! Why? Because they have both MONEY and POWER in outrageous amounts. History has shown that any organization with that much money and power ends up enslaving a large segment of the population eventually.

That no fun Edric o, you leave nothing for us to argue about . . ;)

Anyway, ever seen a XP internet server ? Don't think so, it's either 2K or Linux.

And the "world famous" Apache is UNIX based in origion. You know Microsoft has his own version of UNIX they experimented on [ most web servers are based on that ] and they have now adopted it for WinXP wich is based upon it [ partially ].

Nav, I don't see how pulling 98 SE from the market is going to force everyone to upgrade - people already have it so why would they have to upgrade? The people that didn't buy any, then they would upgrading, or finding someone with a 98 cd.

And Edric, funny, I'd like you see your "history book" on that. We are human, so yes when we get power and money, we tend to get cocky, evil, yada yada, but enslaving the population? The reason MS got to where it was, isn't enslaving or mindcontrol, it's great marketing skills, and being lucky to buy DOS from some mexican. Bill Gates deserves to have as much money he has because he earned it. You make him out to be an evil leader of an evil corporation, well then you can believe all you want - but that's a little overstating it.

We can't all be equal on the market, and corporations that know how to get to the top deserve to be there because they got there (usually without any murders) through skill and luck. Some corp's make it, some don't, hey that is life.

Here's a joke about Bill Gates and how useless his Windows was about:

One day Bill Gates died, and went to Heaven to see God.

God said, "You have helped mankind with your Windows operating system, but you also created sorrow because it was so unstable with errors. You can choose to go to Heaven or Hell."

Bill looked around. He saw Angels sitting on clouds playing harpsichords. Boring was what Bill thought of. "I'd like to go to Hell and take a look."

God took Bill to hell and Bill saw something good...

Nice orange sunset, girls playing around on the beach. "I want to go to Hell." says Bill, and God left him there.

Few months later, God paid Bill Gates a visit in Hell, and saw him being tortured and burnt by the flames.

"So how do you find it?" asked God.

"God, where are all those girls? Where is the sunset? They are not here!" answered Bill.

"Oh sorry," said God. "I forgot to tell you, that was the screensaver."

If you guy's want software that really works buy Sun or an Apple !

Don't downlaod sofware from "some guy" who wrote something nice. It usually doesn't work as good, look at all the Windows programms that screw up your computer and the lardge amount of Linux programms with the same features.

And I presume you have an IntelliMouse ?

Bad option, you should have bought a Logitech ;) [ or one of those "claw" thingy's ]

And if you are pissed with Microsoft, buy Linux or an Apple .. .

No i don't have an intellimouse.. actually i have a logitec now... logitec mouseman wheel optical, but anyway... it was an unknown brand... I couldn't find it anywhere... at first i thought it was trust (omg.. it's way worse than microsoft) but multiple brands came with the same mouse so i don't know who created it... but anyway.... i have a logitec now :)

Yep, there are a couple [ not much ] force-feedback mouses on the market.

I'm not happy with any force-feednack thingy myself though.

Just think of a Windows bug that has an enormous force on the "shutdown" button so it will be almost impossible placing your mouse on it ;D

XP also usues a lot of RAM when you have a lot of programms running. My virus software take up a lot of it for instance.

[ you probably don't want to know this but i gave such a buzzing thing to my girlfriend ones ::) ]

> Though we all ahte windows, note this FACT: If Linux

> was currently in Microsofts place, with the monopoly

> and all that, we would hate that instead, same goes

> for macs etc. Windows is best, otherwise it wouldn't

> be where it is now.

> etc

Thats not a FACT, because thats stupid and wrong. Linux is open source where MS is commercial and thats the reason why MS sucks. That means, that one can easily modify or improve Linux where the source code of Windows is secret which causes in the end a lot of programms to crash. And that big advantage of Linux wouldnt change, if Linux had the monopol!

Well I dunno guys why you hate Microsoft, but XP is the most stabile system ever - my PC crashes well mostly 3 times per month and I really apreciate such results, cause my XP is cracked well you know it's hard to get liegal soft. in Lithuania :-

You know it's very like Intel and AMD - everyone hates Intel for the very same reason. But AMD processors are obviously better than intel.

Bigger.Better.Burger King ;D

Thats not a FACT, because thats stupid and wrong. Linux is open source where MS is commercial and thats the reason why MS sucks. That means, that one can easily modify or improve Linux where the source code of Windows is secret which causes in the end a lot of programms to crash. And that big advantage of Linux wouldnt change, if Linux had the monopol!

Have you seen this jet ?

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~knigits/articles/switched_back.html

And besides that, "open source" has it's downsides. Securety for one. ::) But a lot of that has been said is the resent released "open source whitepaper". If you havn't seen it I can place a copy of it on my site. There isn't one at the moment but if you like IM me or mention it in your reply and I'll upload it :).

Have you ever been to the "market" in Lithuania ? It's great there [ when you not get shot or robbed ;) ], a lot of illegal CD's and CD-rom's there . ... really a lot ..

About wich is better [ Intell or AMD ], think it depends on the processor. I havn't seen a good alternative for a Pentium 4 Xenon jey ::). And According to some statistics the laptops will be without a mobile Intel version for a few months at the end of this year, but I'll be supprised if that really happends.

And besides that, did you know NVidea and AMD are probably developing a new processor ?

People, people, people. Did you actually think that the principles of capitalism were founded on the values of equal opportunities for economic ventures? HAH!

Allow me to take you back about a century, to the birth of modern capitalism. John D. Rockafeller - prominant businessman with a horizontal monopoly on the oil industry of the early 20th century. He jumpstarted the oil industry at an incredible rate. Why? Because he had control. Control over the market to risk ventures for the interest of expanding the industry.

Now imagine this. Imagine that microsoft didn't have a threshold on the market. Imagine that there were, say, three leading OS/software companies with equal holds of the market. Each OS has its advantages. Say windows is best for games, mac best for videos, linux best for computing and documenting. Now, lets say that it was virtually impossible to run a game on mac, compute on windows or edit visual data on linux. So. Your home would look like this:

You have a linux machine in your home office hooked up to a laser printer. You have a windows machine tucked away upstairs. You have a mac in your living room hooked up to both a color printer and a TV.

Oh, one more thing. You have to almost have a PhD to get these machines to share information over a common protocol or interface. So you buy another device, made by, say, sony, that serves as a bridge to get these machines to share information, just so you can print a game screenshot on your mac or include pictures in a document on your linux. HOW STUPID IS THIS?

You have 4 (count em) FOUR machines that inefficiently serve the purpose of ONE actual machine in today's market!

Another thing. Because of market size, these inventions and innovations took much MUCH longer to reach consumers. This technology wouldn't be availible unitl, say, 2050.

Does a "fair" market still sound like a good idea? Microsoft DID US ALL A FAVOUR. They immitated linux efficiency, mac image editing capabilities and countless other innovations from their competitors, and brought it into ONE computer: The PC. They did it better and faster than would ever be possible if every company marketed its own inventions and innovations without duplication or interferance.

But wait, there's more. They made it cheaper too. A LOT cheaper. Macs are more expensive than PCs but almost always have inferior system capabilities. Third party programs like adobe photoshop can run up your bill for hundreds of dollars. HUNDREDS! Even a flash 5 editor will set you back at least a couple hundred. Why? Because their parent companies need to charge this much to stay competitive. Since Microsoft gets revenue from many different sources, they dont need to charge as much to churn a profit.

Personally I would rather have faster human and technological progress at the expense of a not so perfectly balanced economic market.

One last thing, Microsoft is heading in the direction of a more vertical monopoly than a horizontal one, so they actually aren't breaking the law!

Tisk tisk, simple theoretical economics people.

Oh, one more thing. You have to almost have a PhD to get these machines to share information over a common protocol or interface. So you buy another device, made by, say, sony, that serves as a bridge to get these machines to share information, just so you can print a game screenshot on your mac or include pictures in a document on your linux. HOW STUPID IS THIS?and brought it into ONE computer: The PC. They did it better and faster than would ever be possible if every company marketed its own inventions and innovations without duplication or interferance.
To the firts, that not entirely correct. Remember a thing called "The internet" ? One simple protocol, a lot of different systems, software etc.When you look at servers you story doesn't hold up. Microsoft might have a big share. [ there are a lot of IIS servers out there, and the reason why people have Linuxs ones at home is usually due to the price of a SUN or IIS 5.0 one ]Don't forget, there are a lot of SUN, Oracle and Novell systems out there. and most of them are connected in a Windows networking eviourment. They could verry well do it on there own.To the second, how ever big Microsoft or any other company are. They did not and do not make a PC. Apple is the only one doing that ![ and SG, who makes components and the software themselfs mayby. But they are for professionals and the server market. ]Without others inventing it and they duplicating it ? Are you shure about that ?
Macs are more expensive than PCs but almost always have inferior system capabilities.
You know a Mac with a 800 mHz processor isn't comparable to a intel based 800 or a spark or RISC ?That has nothing to do with Miscosoft, it's about hardware. Not software.And inferieur specs ? Have you ever used a G4 ? [ and not to play Quake ::), as a server it will leave a Intel-Miscosoft based way behind. ]just for fun .. . ;)http://www.wired.com/news/exec/0,1370,53784,00.html