I need help: what changes/edits do I need to make so units in groups(multiple unit selection) say their individual voice lines?

BrightWinter

I doubt anyone will read this but I finally got Emperor to run a few days ago, been playing it for a while and actually been really enjoying it but I only have one problem: the unit voices. Mainly in groups when they all say the same thing on selection move and attack orders and it's unfortunate because the units in this game have some really awesome lines I've ever heard in an rts and it sucks you can never really hear them because of this (Atreides sound really lame when you have multiple units selected), so can anybody tell me exactly what I need to change or do in the game files?

• 2 months later...

In the Data folder is a folder called SFX. Under SFX are individual text files for each faction plus general sound info. Find the faction you want to edit and search in that text document for the unit whose commands to want to change. Each unit usually has three commands, selection, attack, and move, with multiple possible lines for each command. Down near the bottom, it will also have lines for group actions. Each line has a alpha-numeric code attributed to it, and the SFX text docs usually have lines of info after each code that tells you what it says. You can add lines to the group actions so that they say more lines or say different lines, but no matter what you do, whenever you select more than one unit, it will always revert to group action lines instead of individual ones. Hope that helps.