What happened to Arrakeen in God Emperor

Duke_Alex_Atreides

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hi, Arrakeen became Leto's festival city of Onn in GEOD, bordered at one end by the vast wall Leto had built to enclose his Sareer mini-desert, on top of which was the Royal Road from his citadel. Probably the Idaho river flows through Onn as well - it borders the non Sareer side of the wall. Hope this helps!

Did it not eventually become the city of Keen, or similar? 'Keen, maybe... In Heretics and Chapterhouse, when Arrakis was Rakis. I'd look it up, but my books aren't anywhere nearby.

Yes, i can remember too Arraken trasformed into Keen, and in the end (6 book) Keen becames the place of the "holy religious order of the divided god", and where the nullentropic chamber of Leto II is found with his diaries. Concerning the Arraken in GEOD times, mm if i can remember there is not a clear reference to the city, but i can presume, as said before, it was related to the city in wich Leto II lived, connected to the city of Onn by an over-elevated highway, builded upon the remainining of the Shield-Wall, but in the books it's not so clear.

Also, Onn was the specially constructed Festival City, built with the sole purpose of viewing the God Emperor. It didn't have any relation to Arrakeen. Especially since it wasn't occupied except in Festival season.

That's wrong, when not in Festival time, Onn was permanently occupied by all the classes of burocrats, used to maintain the Empire, and if i can remember correctly even Fish Speakers had a permanent location in Onn (school and so on).

This is said in GEOD in a conversation between Duncan and Leto or Moneo (i can't remember well but i think more Moneo).