RTS board games

CypressX15

I have come up with an RTS (real time strategy) board game, and i think it is good enough to try to put it on the market, this game is similar in most aspects to the games that designers such as Westwood and Blizzard are putting out now, except is on a board game. I was wondering if anyone knew a company that is looking for something new and innovative to produce, and also, if the prospect of an RTS game sounds appealing, since the market that i would be aiming at is the market that Blizzard and Westwood are also aiming at. Thanks a bunch

It's based on turns..and the amount of movement points a unit has...theres infantry, vehicles, ships and air units....repair pads and whatnot, you keep track of hp and whatnot with a specially designed card, and its a little complicated, so no two year olds would be playing it, but i think thats what most RTS gamers want is something that makes them think strategically. In the game only 25 of your units are allowed on the map (1k squares on the map) and only five of one unit type, to avoid massing giant army's of just the strongest vehicles like you can in dune and whatnot. Heavy artillery peices, the equivilant to the mino or cobra, ar immovable, unless you have a trailer to carry them around in, this means even more strategy must be involved.

how do you mean..units range from 1-10hp (to keep things simple) infantry and the like rarely go above 2 hp while the big artillery pieces have 8-10..i did have it 25hp-200, but thats entirely too complicated. there are defensive buildings that your infantry can take a hold of such as a sand bunker or a gun tower, and you also gain money from capturing buildings already on the map..(such as a "Goldmine" or a "Mine", but i will be applying different names.) To enable you to build more units. You can have more than 25 units, but you are only allowed 25 on the map, you can trade units in and out on a "Docking Station", which is only located at four different places on the map, one for each player.

Ever hear of "StarFleet Battles"? It's based on the original Star Trek and was the main inspiration for Star Trek StarFleet Command, the computer game. It was the first real-time strategy boardgame, and was very popular, as far as that type of stuff goes. You might want to check out it's structure and playing rules :) Have Fun!

warhammer 40k has repairers apothecarys and tech marines and usul what type of army do you have and how many points is it?

Yeh I ment buildings though. I'm a Catachan/Tanith and as only a beginer only about 600 odd points and almost but not quite ready to fight with (one model for chrissake one model).

I am also a beginer I have a standerd space marine army in black templar colors so far I have

4 marine bikers

1 land speeder

5 terminaters

1devastator

1dreadnought

1 baal predator(I am not using it for my army dur to limited range of assault cannons)

15 tactical marines and a command squad of five (1 vetren,commander,apothecary,techmarine and standard bearer) I still need to make and paint most of my guys though.