Dune: Spice Wars

Gobalopper

• 1 month later...
Is it an RTS or a 4X?

It is both. The game is real time, but the pace is slower than in a typical RTS (and you can pause and fast forward). The game also features exploration, territory control, economic growth, combat, politics and spying, features that make it a true 4X game but do not detract from the core RTS experience that players would expect.

They got my attention now!! :)

And I like the fact that Atreides is going to be green. Afterall, green is the opposite of red.

Let's keep our fingers crossed this project doesn't fall. I like the graphical details. And the fact they approach more of an animated style as well.

I see that a base is upgradable. Just like in the mobile version of C&C. That saddens me a bit.

Then I see the various types of infantry. And their descriptions.
I like the Rangers. They are exactly like how I had my Rangers (same name too) in my personal board game. A simple somewhat faster and longer range version of the riflemen..... Oh, the troopers are melee units. Ok :D I simply had more steps then.

Not sure about the RPS system of the game and if there are clear differences in body and weapon mechanics. But the Wardens look like good fodder or meat units. I hope this holds true. Because different infantry that have the same weapon type and armor type. Yet having different value's on them. Make micromanagment in squad design very interesting. I hope this holds true.

Hmmmm, only infantry so far. Let's wait and see. The game sure looks and feels unique.

• 3 weeks later...

I wasn't paying attention to the entire Twitch stream but I did hear them say something about there not being many vehicles, at least not in the initial game release. I wonder if the variation between the different factions will come more from building or diplomacy than with units.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll be holding off until fall at least, busy with work and $37 CAD (I rarely spend more than $10 per game) for early access. Also lots of other games to keep me busy.

Steam review is currently 84% which is good.

I also own NorthGuard and havn't played much of it, but I did enjoy what I played of it. So I should play more of that first as well since it appears to be most similar to Dune game (same developers).

Some major bugs, total game freezes, it's just about playable for me, but I have never got anywhere near to completeing a game without it just freezing up and refusing to move, and I have a solid graphics card and a decent gaming PC. That said it is early acces, expect some bugs but atm for me it's just broken.

On 5/1/2022 at 2:49 PM, Andrew said:

Game reviews by IGN are uber giggidy & can't be called as such. Gamers who wanna watch reviews should always go for those that aren't most known by the general search. Two good sites i recommend: https://www.gameinformer.com/ & https://www.pcgamesn.com/ :)

Edited by Fedaygin
Added important info.

• 2 weeks later...