Dune2000 online

Hunoa

Is there any way to port campaign maps in to online play?[CNCnet from gruntmods edition]

I have re-edited some of the vanilla campaign maps to add second player,however only AI as ally feels a bit lackluster.

I wanna play it like Red Alert 3 where you have ally on every map and can play it online.

Asking since nowadays i play dune2000 again thanks to acquaintance and we can only play skirmish,so far.

On 9/17/2021 at 11:44 PM, go1 said:

Is there any way to port campaign maps in to online play?[CNCnet from gruntmods edition]

I have re-edited some of the vanilla campaign maps to add second player,however only AI as ally feels a bit lackluster.

I wanna play it like Red Alert 3 where you have ally on every map and can play it online.

Asking since nowadays i play dune2000 again thanks to acquaintance and we can only play skirmish,so far.

Porting missions require some time and efford.

Human 1 will control the Atreides units and structures on the map.
Human 2 will control Harkonnen.
and any extra Ai needs to be in the order of Ordos, imperial, Fremen...

So in order to port a campaign, let's say, the Ordos mission 9, you need to be sure that the "ordos" are switched to ATreides, and the "mercenaries" are switched to Harkonnen (and viceversa). Not just units and structures but events as well, (starport deliveries, reinforcements, mission win and mision loose, etc...).

But just for the record, it already exist these Ordos mission ported to coop long time ago.

Edited by Cm_blast