Nav's Revised Quitting Policies

Navaros

As always, if I don't like something that happened in a QM under 3, h'asta la vista baby!

Unfair maps that I have noted in the past, forget-about-it.

In addition, if there huge maps with never ending entrances, like the lower-right hand corner of Spice Bowl, I am qutting on you. No more taking losses simply because I am in a grossly and fundamentally unfair position. (And for anyone who says that the bottom positions in Spice Bowl are not unfair to Atreides needs to have his head examined).

If you are good and I start on a less-than-ideal position, screw that game. I ain't playing it. No more losing points unfairly due to bogus maps that are compounded by the inability to control harvesting. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

From now on I am doing an extensive background check for EVERY QM I play. Losing 40 + points per game to elite players who just happen to have less points because they only played a few games so far in the month is ludicrous.

The maps combined with the harvesting bugs combined with the unfair ranking system and points system will not be fixed by Westwood. I will fix it *my* way.

And if you use impossible strats on me with no reasonable counter at all (which will be less-possible now due to my new fairness parameters_ then I will not play you in QM.

From now on I am doing an extensive background check for EVERY QM I play. Losing 40 + points per game to elite players who just happen to have less points because they only played a few games so far in the month is ludicrous.

The maps combined with the harvesting bugs combined with the unfair ranking system and points system will not be fixed by Westwood. I will fix it *my* way.

And if you use impossible strats on me with no reasonable counter at all (which will be less-possible now due to my new fairness parameters_ then I will not play you in QM.

So basically you are saying you will duck every pleyer who can possibly beat you? And I'm sorry if I missed it, was your way just the background check or something else? And it also seems you are saying if someone uses a strat you can't counter due to the fact they outwitted you, you will quit. If I may ask one more thing, is the harvester bug where it goes to the spice nearest the enemy base?

Quitting policy.....lol.

What bothers me is when you don't play people like sarb who is like 20th on the ladder....that means he has a significant number of points. That also means that only 18 other people (not counting you) are fit to play against you in QM. I could see if you were playing elite and he is only playing his third game of the month...then you have a lot more to lose. But you tend to avoid highly ranked players even though they have a lot of points.

Or is it just that you are after newb points...kinda what people accused Bilbo and hobbtz of a while back.

Quitting policy.....lol.

What bothers me is when you don't play people like sarb who is like 20th on the ladder....that means he has a significant number of points. That also means that only 18 other people (not counting you) are fit to play against you in QM. I could see if you were playing elite and he is only playing his third game of the month...then you have a lot more to lose. But you tend to avoid highly ranked players even though they have a lot of points.

Or is it just that you are after newb points...kinda what people accused Bilbo and hobbtz of a while back.

I changed my policy slightly just recently, and played people with way less points than me and it is totally ruining my record. *Now* I remember why I was only playing people who I knew I could beat or who had almost as-much or more points than me. It's because the point system is unfair and does not accurately reward and subtract points based on the skill of the players involved. That's what it's supposed to do in "theory" but in reality it's completely bollocks.

nav. i think i know why you have problems with the harv. bug.

1. do not direct your harvesters to an spice field let them harvest their own way else this happenes: you direct your harvesters to the field you want them to go and if there are 3 harvesters at the same time that want to unload the spice from the field where YOU directed them to go to then 1 go's in the middle the second in the left side and the third will clump in the spot where the first harvester is unloading...well was unloading...

Nav, playing like this I guarantee, no actually i swear to you that you will suck all the fun out of the game and you wont get better. There is no possible way to draw fun out of the game if you play like that. You wont improve either.

Just today I played darkkavu7 on the map daja saja. Being ordos, he had a big advantage over me. He even got my missle in the first minute, but did I quit? No. I fought on and eventually won. It was hard as hell - he killed many of my harvesters, but I got enough GS to take out his entire base from the air, and kill all the kobras that were in my spice. My point is that I beat the odds and its not the first time I've done it either. It makes the game more satisfying knowing that I did it. I've lost many games before on unfavoring maps, but I took them in stride and improved with each one.

I think we can add Navaros to clan DTL's blacklist he may not use leet but he is a a*shole. so welcome to the blacklist nav you and gila should do fine with each other :) :) :-P. anyway realy nav its just a game i think you should settel down take some pills and colapse into a deep coma. becouse if you dont we will have to um....force you into it if you know I what i mean. Its not a threat........its a sugesting. And turn that frown upside down woulda?

Lmao!

I can't believe you are still going on with this Nav, Like on the old board posting your revised ducking strategies, lol.

Nav, like you say the ranking is unfair or whatever because of people hiding behind other nicknames, well i don't bother playing QM's cause i play the game for fun, not to have silly little idiots running away cause they are scared that i may beat them, or insisting that i can't rush them before 3 mins.. just so happens to be one of your rules as i recall.

Here's some food for thought Nav.. You take pride in your rank right? Well do you know what the most honest way is? It's to play every challanger and you will know how good you are then, if you only play the newbies and climb up the ladder cause of all the little wins you have, it's a lie, because you can't beat any of the 20 players above you or below you, only those right down at the bottom. If you want people to stop taking the mick out of you, play everyone and stop ducking, there really is no need. And if you still can't understand what every player in the community tries to get through your head.. well maybe it's time for you to stop playing QM's Nav, Cause quite frankly, with all your moaning it doesn't sound like you are upto the challange.

Now if i'm being unfair in what i'm saying then sorry, but enough is enough don't ya think guys?

*sigh*

Lololol, every time Nav gets the ballz to try out a semi good player and looses we see one of these posts. Whats wrong nag?? Didn't stop a scout before he got into your base?? Oh wait, no, the guy went ground when you were sure his online nick research stated that he would go air. OH wait, even better, U suck??!!!!

lol Frodo...I always use scouting reports on my opponents. That's right...I have in depth files on all you fools :P I know Ken likes to mix tanks and buzzs and that elite likes sards...you have no secrets.

P.S. The above is not true nor is not meant to be interpreted that way.

Divine Wind link=board=7;threadid=3247;start=0#50988 date=1025339601]

I agree completely Nav. If this game was what my life revolved around, I'd make my own ducking policies as well. But instead, my life revolves around more tangible things that pixels on a screen ;)

u mean "than pixels on a screen" ??