Work Mercenaries

Player

Cool. I played the first 2 and so far is good.

There is something to point out. On mission 2, if you destroy the smugglers and then destroy the Atreides, the game still trigger a "now, destroy all the smuggler units and building" or something similar just as the "mission accomplished" appears on screen.

It is only needed to add a check on that message if base-smuggler and base-units still exist, just for consistency; game finish just fine and there is no problem.

In fact, I like the mission, I though the mission would end just with the ATreides but I got that surprise, I like that.

Edited by Cm_blast

A typo on mission 3.
image.png.31de1865d77fd801487e776436db16dd.png

I also played mission 4. I like the mission, although it is a bit sad that you fully reused a mission, but well, it could be on the same timeline on your general sardukar campaign so it makes sense that it is the same terrain as it is the same territory on both campaigns.

Only 2 missions left to play for me.

I assume you won't mind this one on the index too, which I will add shorly after I finish the campaign.

Edited by Cm_blast

1 hour ago, Cm_blast said:

A typo on mission 3.
image.png.31de1865d77fd801487e776436db16dd.png

I also played mission 4. I like the mission, although it is a bit sad that you fully reused a mission, but well, it could be on the same timeline on your general sardukar campaign so it makes sense that it is the same terrain as it is the same territory on both campaigns.

Only 2 missions left to play for me.

I assume you won't mind this one on the index too, which I will add shorly after I finish the campaign.

No, I won't mind

I played the last missions and...

They are the same map but the base just switch places 

Makes me remember of your last missions of your General Sardukar Campaign

There are also some misspellings in the briefings

This Briefing on mission 5 was a bit confusing.

image.png.945857a59bd3821a86b27b7f0717494e.png

I suggest to write every line of dialogue in separated lines, it was hard to track which character was talking.

Also, I wasn't sure what the "20.000" and "35.000" spice means, it seems that you need that amount as it even confirms "agree to 20.000" spice, but it seems you don't need that amount but it is just plot-wise. I wish a "Objetive: defeat X" was at the bottom just to make clear which is the final objetive.

But I am glad that there is a bit more on story; it just needs separated lines everytime a character talk.

Also; I think you did a mistake here:
image.thumb.png.21f5029a8c749f0bc6dc8b67a20edd74.png

Considering the way the mission is done, it seems unlikely that the Atreides are mean to get this, but on top of that, the drops are devas an harkonnen tanks, so to me it seems that you were intending to make the emperor to get these instead.

Only 1 mission more to go.

I also wanted to give a look on the last mission, mission 6, I think there is also a mistake around here:
image.thumb.png.863274085ac4f6a651eee2baba7887a8.png

You made Mercenaries ally with the Atreides at the same time the Atreides become your enemies, I bet both are mean to be "enemy" each other because what it happens in bewteen; I doub you wanted this as it will be dumb having an enemy destroying you stuff while you cannoy destroy them.

I don't know how this mission will play, it feels a bit weird.
because at 20.000 the game triggers at "destroy the Atreides base" but 2 minutes later they turn ally with you. Considering that the "Harkonnen are redeemed" happen much early, it seems that when the Harkonnen "paid" you or whatever the Atreides were mean to be enemy from that moment. I don't know. 

By the way, on a message happening in a timer it doesn't need any flag, a message appearing at "40.000" it doesn't need any flag, it will only trigger once.

Like, these ones; if it is only to trigger at mesagge at X amount of ticks, flags are not needed.

image.png.9b53b3c299ddb7b3bcbbdf0792f514dc.png

I like the concept of the map, I will play to get the full taste of it.

Pd: as an extra note; I just want to warn you that the limit of blooms are 30, but you have 35 on the last 2 levels; this means that 5 blooms (I cannot remember if the ones at top or bottom) don't appears in the game, so is like they don't ever exist.

Edited by Cm_blast

2 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

This Briefing on mission 5 was a bit confusing.

image.png.945857a59bd3821a86b27b7f0717494e.png

I suggest to write every line of dialogue in separated lines, it was hard to track which character was talking.

Also, I wasn't sure what the "20.000" and "35.000" spice means, it seems that you need that amount as it even confirms "agree to 20.000" spice, but it seems you don't need that amount but it is just plot-wise. I wish a "Objetive: defeat X" was at the bottom just to make clear which is the final objetive.

But I am glad that there is a bit more on story; it just needs separated lines everytime a character talk.

Also; I think you did a mistake here:
image.thumb.png.21f5029a8c749f0bc6dc8b67a20edd74.png

Considering the way the mission is done, it seems unlikely that the Atreides are mean to get this, but on top of that, the drops are devas an harkonnen tanks, so to me it seems that you were intending to make the emperor to get these instead.

Only 1 mission more to go.

I also wanted to give a look on the last mission, mission 6, I think there is also a mistake around here:
image.thumb.png.863274085ac4f6a651eee2baba7887a8.png

You made Mercenaries ally with the Atreides at the same time the Atreides become your enemies, I bet both are mean to be "enemy" each other because what it happens in bewteen; I doub you wanted this as it will be dumb having an enemy destroying you stuff while you cannoy destroy them.

I don't know how this mission will play, it feels a bit weird.
because at 20.000 the game triggers at "destroy the Atreides base" but 2 minutes later they turn ally with you. Considering that the "Harkonnen are redeemed" happen much early, it seems that when the Harkonnen "paid" you or whatever the Atreides were mean to be enemy from that moment. I don't know. 

By the way, on a message happening in a timer it doesn't need any flag, a message appearing at "40.000" it doesn't need any flag, it will only trigger once.

Like, these ones; if it is only to trigger at mesagge at X amount of ticks, flags are not needed.

image.png.9b53b3c299ddb7b3bcbbdf0792f514dc.png

I like the concept of the map, I will play to get the full taste of it.

Pd: as an extra note; I just want to warn you that the limit of blooms are 30, but you have 35 on the last 2 levels; this means that 5 blooms (I cannot remember if the ones at top or bottom) don't appears in the game, so is like they don't ever exist.

In the 5th mission, I wanted to give everything to the Empire, instead of the Atreides, apparently I did not notice this. 20,000 and 35,000 spice, this is purely for the plot. In the last 6 missy, there will be a battle, since there is no common enemy anymore and those wars that were, but without the emperor, continue on the planet Dune. This story will still be touched upon in General Sardukar Mission

I played the last mission.

I want to say that I think I understood the concept.

You start as ally with every side, and I think (I think) the point is, when one of those sides become enemy, you use your units to fight and kill as many enemies as possible (but not really the base, as there is not enough time).

Then that side turn ally, you retreat, do some reparations and gather more units in preparation for the next side to become enemy.

When that happens, you repeat the same procces so, at the very end, when every side become enemy, you have weakened all of them enough so it is more easy to surive as won't be attacked by big armies coming from 5 sides.

Now, there are a few problems I want to point that need fixing:
- When the Atreides become enemy there is no warning <-- they just turn enemy withouth any indications, with the Harkonnen and Ordos there is one.
- Then, the Atreides suddenly become ally with no indications either <--- there is a "The Atreaides have been redeemed, now they are your allies again", but this happens at 27.000 ticks, where the Atreides become allies 4 minutes before this, at 23.000 ticks, so it is confusing where the messages and what happens it doesn't match.

- Finally, when the "All vs You" happens, there are a few change of alliances. The Smugglers don't turn enemies, this means that the player can destroy anything they want with no opposition, as you can see on this screenshot:
2136024063_Dune200006_08_202115_49_45.thumb.png.a1bcb5b2b58a7d56b100ab6bf82e5bf4.png

It sais it is an enemy structure but the turret is ignoring me, as the smugglers are ally with me.

PD: pointing how you need a only once-flag to avoid the message to appear 5 times on screen before the "mission accomplished"
image.thumb.png.e9ef14c97e33d59a46eb6a4378f89f8f.png

Edited by Cm_blast

• 4 months later...
15 hours ago, sbruc065 said:

Hi! I can no longer seem to make any of these missions work with the new launcher....

Can someone remind me where I am supposed to copy these files please!?

Many thanks!!

all the files should go into the "data\missions" folder.

But remember that on the launcher clicking on the "all missions" windown, and only then going into the mercenary tab (probably) and having it there. If don't appear there search on the other sides.

• Like 1