General Sardukar Mission

Player

New missions for the Empire.In these missions, you will have to play as a Major of the Empire, gradually climbing the career ladder. This is only the first part of this storyline. If many people like the mission, then there will be a continuation. Have a good game Major

Downloads mission:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IbAjgpG8oeoy_4Za4lWAz3jzR_pIhFAi/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Player

4 hours ago, Player said:

New missions for the Empire.In these missions, you will have to play as a Major of the Empire, gradually climbing the career ladder. This is only the first part of this storyline. If many people like the mission, then there will be a continuation. Have a good game Major

Downloads mission:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-d2S73QHufKiTbhWOIYlcdtaiijI_0ZK/view?usp=sharing

I downloaded and I will play the missions shortly.

For now I am telling you that the missions don't appear in the correct order.

image.png.57736866c21ccb13f3ada310dcca76d5.png

Mission 5 appears at bottom because the files are called "Sardukar5" while the others are "sarduka0X".

Mission 8 appears at the top because the files are called "Sardukar 08" (with a space in bewteen the two words).

And the "1" is missing, this is just from the .ini itself.

Edited by Cm_blast

11 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

Mission 5 appears at bottom because the files are called "Sardukar5" while the others are "sarduka0X".

Mission 8 appears at the top because the files are called "Sardukar 08" (with a space in bewteen the two words).

can you send link to the complete campaign please so that i can install it :) and test it?

Edited by Adrian
i forgot to read the message

20 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_W9w7wWqFp8OUf09Dei-gMFldnhj-Idl/view?usp=sharing
Fix Version

The first mission is still missing the "1".

But this is easy to change, I mean for people downloading the mission, just adding a "1" in "name".

image.png.86b9c9dcb62cd521f55bb4aa2544b643.png

In author you wrote "1", on other missions you wrote "General Sardaukar X".

Fo0r Author you can write "player" or your name or whatever, is just to know who is the creator of the mission, it doesn't appear anywhere unless somebody open the mission with the editor or the .ini itselfs.

Not really that important.

I played the first two missions.

I want to said a bit on mission 2, it was fun, a bit stressfull early with the enemy incoming from every corner, but not too hard.

There is a few of minor things you may didn't know. For example, one of the Ai's buildings is at the very top of the map, the game doesn't allow you to build structures there, so if you check that windtrap it will have 2 missing concretes, having it with less than 100% HP. It doesn't affect the game at all, but just letting you know.

There is another thing. The game it's a bit wonky with the Harkonnen and imperial CY (as techincally they are different buildings). If the player starts with the CY already there it won't be able to build the High Tech Factory. It is possible later to build a MCV and deploy a CY (the game will give the Harkonnen CY version instead) to deploy the HTF.

On missions with the player as Imperials starting with the MCV instead with the CY can fix easily this. The rest of the map can be the same, the moment the player deploy the MCV it will have access to the High Tech Factory (and even the Harkonnen palace if the tech is high enough).

There is something with the harvester remplacement. if you right click on the editor it will appear an option near the bottom "create events" and "harvester remplacement" this will create the event from you. And the reason I mentiont this is because as it is now the Ais will keep getting harvesters even if you destroy all the base. This can make the "killing everybody" a bit hard as you destroy every building and unit and move on into another area but the AI still gets more harvesters.

In fact, I though that tthe "mission win" was missing because I took care of mercenaries and smugglers and when I destroy the remaining Atreides harv and the mission didn't ended, didn't realize that both Atreides and mercs were getting more harvs.

This is just a such easy fix: just right click, "create event" and "harvester remplacement". The editor will add the "base destroyed" condition, so if any side loose every structure that will stop from getting more harvesters, or you can add it manually on your own.

will keep playing the rest shortly!

Edited by Cm_blast

4 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I played the first two missions.

I want to said a bit on mission 2, it was fun, a bit stressfull early with the enemy incoming from every corner, but not too hard.

There is a few of minor things you may didn't know. For example, one of the Ai's buildings is at the very top of the map, the game doesn't allow you to build structures there, so if you check that windtrap it will have 2 missing concretes, having it with less than 100% HP. It doesn't affect the game at all, but just letting you know.

There is another thing. The game it's a bit wonky with the Harkonnen and imperial CY (as techincally they are different buildings). If the player starts with the CY already there it won't be able to build the High Tech Factory. It is possible later to build a MCV and deploy a CY (the game will give the Harkonnen CY version instead) to deploy the HTF.

On missions with the player as Imperials starting with the MCV instead with the CY can fix easily this. The rest of the map can be the same, the moment the player deploy the MCV it will have access to the High Tech Factory (and even the Harkonnen palace if the tech is high enough).

There is something with the harvester remplacement. if you right click on the editor it will appear an option near the bottom "create events" and "harvester remplacement" this will create the event from you. And the reason I mentiont this is because as it is now the Ais will keep getting harvesters even if you destroy all the base. This can make the "killing everybody" a bit hard as you destroy every building and unit and move on into another area but the AI still gets more harvesters.

In fact, I though that tthe "mission win" was missing because I took care of mercenaries and smugglers and when I destroy the remaining Atreides harv and the mission didn't ended, didn't realize that both Atreides and mercs were getting more harvs.

This is just a such easy fix: just right click, "create event" and "harvester remplacement". The editor will add the "base destroyed" condition, so if any side loose every structure that will stop from getting more harvesters, or you can add it manually on your own.

will keep playing the rest shortly!

Well, in the next companies that I will do, I will try to avoid this. Have a nice game, I hope you like it

I played two more missions.
Mission 3, there is a minor issue with the Stealth Fremen that can make the mission to take really long to defeat or (I even though of it) looking that you cannot finish it (win).

The St.Fremen act differently from the regular fremen (or any other unit), they won't react with the "reinforcement attack/retreat" command. The Sthealed version of the Fremen will wait until there is at least 5 units together to launch an attack (so in vanilla maps, the enemy Ai will spawn 3 groups of 2 fremen before going against the player).

Because of this, 3 enemy St.Freamen didn't group with any other unit and, since 3 < 5, the AI just kept them iddle, so iddle that they didn't ever react to anything that I had nearby them (they didn't move, and only shoot if really close).

There are several ways to fix this:
a) Swap St.Fremen with regular Fremen.
b) Make the St.Fremen group to be a different AI and you make them going "bersek", this way as soon as they land they will attack regarless they are in enough numbers to group or not.
c) You can make the Fremen side to bersek after all the base has been destroyed, this way, any St.Fremen that were behind will attack the player and kill themselves shortly.

Also, this is also something you can take in consideration if you want. Having an ally that use the same color as the player can be confused, as some units can be selected, others not.
This can be you choice, but I am letting you know that you can use a higher index that plas as imperials but with another color.
Here, this is an index allocation that contain different sides and colors.
Index Allocation.txt

For example, I used 131 to make the Tleilaxu (they use Imperial buildings and technology). Although It is a weird coloring

Then there are other values, 32, 34, 65... I don't remember wich one. But all of these are brown colored (like smugglers but darker). One of those values use Atreides units-tech, other Ordos, Other Harkonnen... and from that list there are the black color, not the most idoneal for the minimap, but can work.

On mission 4, I almost won, the Palace got destroyed with 2 seconds to finis :(, but I reloaed with 1 minute left and I manage to won.
The thing with an ally that use the same color as you can be applied here as well (and if there are more missions with this ally then too).

Of course, it doesn't have to be done if you don't want to; just letting you know that you are not limited to use index 1-7, there are other higher index to use while you still pretend that your ally is another imperial commander while the player can know which units-structures you command and which ones you don't.

Edited by Cm_blast

1 hour ago, Cm_blast said:

Mission 3, there is a minor issue with the Stealth Fremen that can make the mission to take really long to defeat or (I even though of it) looking that you cannot finish it (win).

The St.Fremen act differently from the regular fremen (or any other unit), they won't react with the "reinforcement attack/retreat" command. The Sthealed version of the Fremen will wait until there is at least 5 units together to launch an attack (so in vanilla maps, the enemy Ai will spawn 3 groups of 2 fremen before going against the player).

Because of this, 3 enemy St.Freamen didn't group with any other unit and, since 3 < 5, the AI just kept them iddle, so iddle that they didn't ever react to anything that I had nearby them (they didn't move, and only shoot if really close).

There are several ways to fix this:
a) Swap St.Fremen with regular Fremen.
b) Make the St.Fremen group to be a different AI and you make them going "bersek", this way as soon as they land they will attack regarless they are in enough numbers to group or not.
c) You can make the Fremen side to bersek after all the base has been destroyed, this way, any St.Fremen that were behind will attack the player and kill themselves shortly.

Also, this is also something you can take in consideration if you want. Having an ally that use the same color as the player can be confused, as some units can be selected, others not.
This can be you choice, but I am letting you know that you can use a higher index that plas as imperials but with another color.
Here, this is an index allocation that contain different sides and colors.
Index Allocation.txt

For example, I used 131 to make the Tleilaxu (they use Imperial buildings and technology). Although It is a weird coloring

Then there are other values, 32, 34, 65... I don't remember wich one. But all of these are brown colored (like smugglers but darker). One of those values use Atreides units-tech, other Ordos, Other Harkonnen... and from that list there are the black color, not the most idoneal for the minimap, but can work.

On mission 4, I almost won, the Palace got destroyed with 2 seconds to finis :(, but I reloaed with 1 minute left and I manage to won.
The thing with an ally that use the same color as you can be applied here as well (and if there are more missions with this ally then too).

Of course, it doesn't have to be done if you don't want to; just letting you know that you are not limited to use index 1-7, there are other higher index to use while you still pretend that your ally is another imperial commander while the player can know which units-structures you command and which ones you don't.

First of all, thank you for the index that you sent me, I didn't know about them. In the next missions that I will release, there will be no such thing. And most likely I will also release a special FIX version of these missions. Because as far as I understand, there are many problems that need to be fixed. Secondly, I didn't know that St.Fremen are different from regular Fremen. Thank you for noticing the problems, because they will be fixed

Most of these are just small things, nothing that break the whole game or anything.

The st.Fremen and the index are just pieces of information you didn't know, but you are not the first person to release a mission with a couple of missing St.Fremen that doesn't move and game doesn't finish because they are alive.

And the color thing also you are not the first person to have an ally sharing color with the player; but, at least to me, just knowning if the siege tanks scatered are mine or controlled by the AI may do a difference on beating the mission or not. This was also something you didn't know.

All these kind of things happen to several moders, including me; but at least now we have that information available.

The "escaping for the prison" was fine; nothing wrong with this.

For Mission 6 there are a few points to do.
First, the MCV stuff I mentioned already, If the player deploy a MCV, it will get access to the High Tech factory (which is fine), but also the Harkonnen palace, which maybe you didn't want. <--- reduce the tech of the player to 6 and that's enough, everyother unit and structure still will be available (or you can remove the CY and place a MCV and simply allow the player to make use of the Harkonnen palace).

You ally, the mercenaries, have 12.000 credits, they will do some orders early but then will run out of money. Maybe you wanted the mission to be this way.
You can make the ally to be a bit more helpfull if the mission last for a while by either giving him a refinery and a silo (doing orders slowly but steady); or, like the original campaign, you can make looped deliveries just like the Ordos campaign missions 8 and 9.

The Ordos AI on this map are fine, they have the spice near so with 1 refinery and 2 harvs they can keep a decent economy to fight the player, but the Atreides have more problems because the spice is not as near and the tech they build is higher.

For example, The AI usually do starport orders if the AI gets the "silos needed" voice line, but considering that they have only 1 refinery and 1 harvester it is unlikely they will get to use the starport, just not enough money.

If you check original missions, Ais with a starport (and a high tech, I mean, sonic tanks and that stuff) they have at least 2 refineries and 2 harvester per refinery. I gave a quick check on the final mission you made and I can see that you gave the ais 2 refineries and 4 harvesters.

But maybe you wanted the Atreides to be defensive with all those turrets and not attacking the player too much and you did it this way on purpose; at least I want to give you the knowledge.

Edited by Cm_blast

The "escaping for the prison" was fine; nothing wrong with this.

For Mission 6 there are a few points to do.
First, the MCV stuff I mentioned already, If the player deploy a MCV, it will get access to the High Tech factory (which is fine), but also the Harkonnen palace, which maybe you didn't want. <--- reduce the tech of the player to 6 and that's enough, everyother unit and structure still will be available (or you can remove the CY and place a MCV and simply allow the player to make use of the Harkonnen palace).

You ally, the mercenaries, have 12.000 credits, they will do some orders early but then will run out of money. Maybe you wanted the mission to be this way.
You can make the ally to be a bit more helpfull if the mission last for a while by either giving him a refinery and a silo (doing orders slowly but steady); or, like the original campaign, you can make looped deliveries just like the Ordos campaign missions 8 and 9.

The Ordos AI on this map are fine, they have the spice near so with 1 refinery and 2 harvs they can keep a decent economy to fight the player, but the Atreides have more problems because the spice is not as near and the tech they build is higher.

For example, The AI usually do starport orders if the AI gets the "silos needed" voice line, but considering that they have only 1 refinery and 1 harvester it is unlikely they will get to use the starport, just not enough money.

If you check original missions, Ais with a starport (and a high tech, I mean, sonic tanks and that stuff) they have at least 2 refineries and 2 harvester per refinery. I gave a quick check on the final mission you made and I can see that you gave the ais 2 refineries and 4 harvesters.

But maybe you wanted the Atreides to be defensive with all those turrets and not attacking the player too much and you did it this way on purpose; at least I want to give you the knowledge.

I did everything as planned

I kept playing near the end. 

The only thing that I want to mentiont on mission 7 it's, as a sugestion, to add a "goal" on the briefing.

The reason is because since there isn't any specific goal, I always assumed that the objetive was "kill everything", which it was on every mission (except the defensive one), but to my surprise on mission 7, although you face multiple enemies, you win by destroying one specific enemy, the others are optional.

As the author of the mission you know this, but other players won't. So, unless this was the intended idea, I think that writing "destroy X enemy" on the briefing will make players to focus on that enemy and not using resources to destroy any other enemy that it is not necesary. If not delivering the info to the player was your plan, then ignore these lines.

--Mission 8; I like it. I didn't know that it was possible to have that many ally saboteurs actually moving, this may give an idea for a mission in the future.

--Mission 9: I still didn't finish yet, but I have already all the structures ready and a decent army in preparation.
The mission had a frenzy start; it was hard to keep track of every enemy coming from different directions, but after a few reloads I manage to survive, luckily not all the Ais are allies among themselves so that help.

I want to point to a couple of things that maybe you didn't know:
1º: you ally is using a skirmish AI, which is fine. But if you used the "generic" one, this one will train engineers, sometimes using them, sometimes not.
You ally start with plenty of money and good economy, so having them won't hurt them, but in case you want the Ai to stop producing them then is here.
image.png.3d5b97785327c69f291c8571057aca54.png <--- if you change that 0,010 into 0,000 (just as the thumper infantry is set) the AI won't train more of them.

Also, for the future, if you want an AI to build more troopers you can increase the number, or you can make a Ai to build more combat tanks than siege tanks or things like that, it's just a line per every unit; I usually use the 1,000 so all the units are produced ecually, but just letting you know this info for another campaign.

2º: You placed 4 sandworms into the map, however, you have an active AI to the "sandworm side". If the "sandworm AI" has an active AI, the creature won't more, won't eat and, overall, it won't do anything but shooting at units (yes, it shoots) withouth damaging them.
You can pick one of the 2 options depending on what you prefer.
a) Do you want sandworms to roam around and eat units?
*Solution: you need to swap all the "sandworms units/structures/events/AI" for Atreides, for example, as you didn't use them 
image.png.4f1fcb1bae70d93f9b518a3c1cb67151.png <--- with this option it will swap every unit and structure, but the events on spawn, reinforcements an alliances need to be changed manually.

b) You don't want sandworms to roam around, and simply playing a "no sandworm (animal)" map?
*Solution: remove the 4 sandworms and just place 1 of them directly on the rock (as the game as for at least one to be there); but if placed on the rock the sandworm won't ever appear. <--- no need to swap anything if you do this.

Wait a second... I was checking the mission.
To win... you ally has to capture the palace but no you?

Ok, this needs to be addresed; the briefing stated that if I capture the Sandworm palace, the may join me. I capture it, but it didn't join me.
But checking the mission win, this means that right now there is no way for me to either win or loose the game.
To win, the ally are the one that should capture the palace, but not the player.

This totally needs some fixing, as this is actually a break-map.

Posible solutions:
1: add a second win. Mission win if Harkonnen capture the palace. And another win if the Player capture the palace.
2: add a mission loose. There is none on this game. besides the "loosing all the units" kind of mission loose, you could make it that if the Sandworm Palace is destroyed., you loose the mission (but the briefing then needs to said that you can loose if you destroy that building).
3: if only the ally is the one that should capture the ally, still saying it on the briefing.
4: if the ally or the player capture the building, you win the mission instatly; if the building is destroyed, you win the traditional way (destroying every unit and structure).

I don't recommend too much the "if the sandworm palace is destroyed you loose" because you ally don't know that and will attack it regarless of the objetive. There are workarounds to make it work if you are interested; but I think that the solution 4 is the one with the less efford and it rewards people that captured the structure but if you failed to do and/or you ally destroye it, you still can win the traditional way.

As a side note:
On missions and campaigns made from people they usually refer to the "sandworm" color as "Ixian". From old campaigns to newest these light-brown guys are considered some kind of "Ixians" and, considering that you gave to them the high tech with sonic tanks, devas and so on; you can call them Ixians if you want. nothing wrong with being a "sandworm faction". This is not even a suggestion, just a piece of info, feel free to keep them as a new faction being simply "sandworm".

So yeah, the other missions are just small things that are simply "quality life" (an ally with a different color and the few things I mentioned on early post), nothing that breaks the map so they are still playable, but mission 9 is another story. As I saved the game right now, I cannot loose as there is no "mission loose", and I can only win if the enemy AI rebuilds the palace AND my ally decide to capture it instead of destroy it.

Overall and, although I still have to finish this mission 9 (which I will probably just play to kill everybody and then quit the game, just to feel how the enemy Ai behave with all those devas).. Do you want this campaign to be on the Index?

The other one you made (A Fremen with 4 missions) is already there. so I would want to add this one because I think is fun; not too hard (except this final mission which has a such frenzy start) so I think more people can enjoy it. So if you are fine with it I will add it shortly.

For any update done to the missions you can simply edit your first post and deleted the files stored there and upload with the update ones.

Edited by Cm_blast

16 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

The only thing that I want to mentiont on mission 7 it's, as a sugestion, to add a "goal" on the briefing.

The reason is because since there isn't any specific goal, I always assumed that the objetive was "kill everything", which it was on every mission (except the defensive one), but to my surprise on mission 7, although you face multiple enemies, you win by destroying one specific enemy, the others are optional.

As the author of the mission you know this, but other players won't. So, unless this was the intended idea, I think that writing "destroy X enemy" on the briefing will make players to focus on that enemy and not using resources to destroy any other enemy that it is not necesary. If not delivering the info to the player was your plan, then ignore these lines.

--Mission 8; I like it. I didn't know that it was possible to have that many ally saboteurs actually moving, this may give an idea for a mission in the future.

--Mission 9: I still didn't finish yet, but I have already all the structures ready and a decent army in preparation.
The mission had a frenzy start; it was hard to keep track of every enemy coming from different directions, but after a few reloads I manage to survive, luckily not all the Ais are allies among themselves so that help.

1º: you ally is using a skirmish AI, which is fine. But if you used the "generic" one, this one will train engineers, sometimes using them, sometimes not.
You ally start with plenty of money and good economy, so having them won't hurt them, but in case you want the Ai to stop producing them then is here.
image.png.3d5b97785327c69f291c8571057aca54.png <--- if you change that 0,010 into 0,000 (just as the thumper infantry is set) the AI won't train more of them.

Also, for the future, if you want an AI to build more troopers you can increase the number, or you can make a Ai to build more combat tanks than siege tanks or things like that, it's just a line per every unit; I usually use the 1,000 so all the units are produced ecually, but just letting you know this info for another campaign.

2º: You placed 4 sandworms into the map, however, you have an active AI to the "sandworm side". If the "sandworm AI" has an active AI, the creature won't more, won't eat and, overall, it won't do anything but shooting at units (yes, it shoots) withouth damaging them.
*Solution: you need to swap all the "sandworms units/structures/events/AI" for Atreides, for example, as you didn't use them 
image.png.4f1fcb1bae70d93f9b518a3c1cb67151.png <--- with this option it will swap every unit and structure, but the events on spawn, reinforcements an alliances need to be changed manually.

b) You don't want sandworms to roam around, and simply playing a "no sandworm (animal)" map?
*Solution: remove the 4 sandworms and just place 1 of them directly on the rock (as the game as for at least one to be there); but if placed on the rock the sandworm won't ever appear. <--- no need to swap anything if you do this.

Ok, this needs to be addresed; the briefing stated that if I capture the Sandworm palace, the may join me. I capture it, but it didn't join me.
But checking the mission win, this means that right now there is no way for me to either win or loose the game.
To win, the ally are the one that should capture the palace, but not the player.

Posible solutions:
1: add a second win. Mission win if Harkonnen capture the palace. And another win if the Player capture the palace.
2: add a mission loose. There is none on this game. besides the "loosing all the units" kind of mission loose, you could make it that if the Sandworm Palace is destroyed., you loose the mission (but the briefing then needs to said that you can loose if you destroy that building).
3: if only the ally is the one that should capture the ally, still saying it on the briefing.
4: if the ally or the player capture the building, you win the mission instatly; if the building is destroyed, you win the traditional way (destroying every unit and structure).

I don't recommend too much the "if the sandworm palace is destroyed you loose" because you ally don't know that and will attack it regarless of the objetive. There are workarounds to make it work if you are interested; but I think that the solution 4 is the one with the less efford and it rewards people that captured the structure but if you failed to do and/or you ally destroye it, you still can win the traditional way.

As a side note:
On missions and campaigns made from people they usually refer to the "sandworm" color as "Ixian". From old campaigns to newest these light-brown guys are considered some kind of "Ixians" and, considering that you gave to them the high tech with sonic tanks, devas and so on; you can call them Ixians if you want. nothing wrong with being a "sandworm faction". This is not even a suggestion, just a piece of info, feel free to keep them as a new faction being simply "sandworm".

So yeah, the other missions are just small things that are simply "quality life" (an ally with a different color and the few things I mentioned on early post), nothing that breaks the map so they are still playable, but mission 9 is another story. As I saved the game right now, I cannot loose as there is no "mission loose", and I can only win if the enemy AI rebuilds the palace AND my ally decide to capture it instead of destroy it.

Overall and, although I still have to finish this mission 9 (which I will probably just play to kill everybody and then quit the game, just to feel how the enemy Ai behave with all those devas).. Do you want this campaign to be on the Index?

The other one you made (A Fremen with 4 missions) is already there. so I would want to add this one because I think is fun; not too hard (except this final mission which has a such frenzy start) so I think more people can enjoy it. So if you are fine with it I will add it shortly.

For any update done to the missions you can simply edit your first post and deleted the files stored there and upload with the update ones.

I probably forgot that in the 7th mission it was necessary to destroy only one enemy base, and I wrote that it was necessary to destroy all the enemies. This is my mistake in this mission. In the 9th mission, I made some hostile factions specially. That is, Sandworm is at war with everyone. Smugglers and mercenaries are allies together. In this mission, YOU need to capture the palace yourself. In the briefings, I indicated that they would become allies, but I meant in future missions. Most likely, I will redo 9 missions to make it playable, so I think I'll leave it in the index. Today I will edit all the jambs and post them for myself later

Edited by Player

16 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

Posible solutions:

As a side note:

Released a Fix version of the missions https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_W9w7wWqFp8OUf09Dei-gMFldnhj-Idl/view?usp=sharing

4 hours ago, Player said:

I probably forgot that in the 7th mission it was necessary to destroy only one enemy base, and I wrote that it was necessary to destroy all the enemies. This is my mistake in this mission. In the 9th mission, I made some hostile factions specially. That is, Sandworm is at war with everyone. Smugglers and mercenaries are allies together. In this mission, YOU need to capture the palace yourself. In the briefings, I indicated that they would become allies, but I meant in future missions. Most likely, I will redo 9 missions to make it playable, so I think I'll leave it in the index. Today I will edit all the jambs and post them for myself later

Alright, tell me when it is all fixed to download it and having it stored on my computer to me to replay the campaign at any moment.

Edited by Cm_blast

21 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Alright, tell me when it is all fixed to download it and having it stored on my computer to me to replay the campaign at any moment.

Everything is ready. The errors have been fixed

Just now, Player said:

Everything is ready. The errors have been fixed

Not really. I downloaded the fixed version (both your last post and you first post) and there are no fixes that I could see.

Mission 1 is still missing the "1" in the map's name.

image.png.d2b1598b3a527278e59f6bfca498dceb.png 

So it appears numberless on the launcher

image.png.f68c524676bdb52d73094087e560ed11.png

And mission 9 still have the wrong condition
image.thumb.png.bceb480369ec2aa6904421f327bf3191.png
It sais that the Harkonnen are the ones that need to capture the building, not the imperials.

My computer sais that the last file that you edited was on 7 days ago, so maybe you uploaded the wrong files?

4 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Not really. I downloaded the fixed version (both your last post and you first post) and there are no fixes that I could see.

It sais that the Harkonnen are the ones that need to capture the building, not the imperials.

My computer sais that the last file that you edited was on 7 days ago, so maybe you uploaded the wrong files?

Yes, I downloaded the wrong files. Now I'll throw off the converted one

7 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uegzrdwHuV1ICFP2p3efi-UlKdCimI82/view?usp=sharing

Checking.

Sorry to tell you, but now your mission 1 is "01" whiel the other missions are "2,3,4,5,6,7" xD.

I am doing a checking and I can tell that you changed most of the things I mentioned. It is interesting that on the mission with the mercenaries being able to do a few orders early but then running out of money and on the Atreides being a bit to low on economy you said it was planned but I can see that you heavily edited this now.

It seems that mercenaries on that mission are now imperials as well, I wonder if this was the idea from the beggining.

On mission 7 there are 2 mission wins.
you have the one to destroy everybody alive.
image.thumb.png.9b5646cd190f735a5037d88fbd5fc0c4.png

And at the bottom you have another that only ask for Atreides.
image.thumb.png.78c0ba5f1437b73bdc10d44eb3f37f0f.png

I don't know if you didn't realize that you had both. This one at the bottom will trigger if you destroy the Atreides while ignoring the rest, so unless this was intended just removing this last one mission win it's enough to "fix" it.

For consistency, on mission 8 there is also an ally that drops stuff at the bottom area, and they are "color-imperials". In case you want to use that "163" index for those units too.

I can see that you took the efford to do these Fixing, I will replay the whole campaign just to be sure, but I think overall it's all good. Only on the mission 3 the enemy ais still have the old harvs remplacement, while you made others missions with "needs refinery", if you want to change this as well.

There is something I want to mention on mission 9.
There is nothing wrong with the script this time, you have the proper mission win and mission fail (there isn't any mission fail in case the player loose all the units and structures, but this is not important, any player will reset the map if that happens anyway).

There is a bit of a problem with a mission which goal is to capture a building having an ally that doesn't know that the building needs to be alive.
There are people that have done missions like this, and they are still playable, although at times you are forced to kill your own ally units to avoid him to destroy this core building.

There is a way to prevent this to happen, if you ever want to give a try.
Step 1: Switch the Sandworm palace (and maybe 2 windtraps so they have energy to produce fremen) to Atreides.image.png.ee486b051b795bc5c53ff3b783bc06b9.png

Step 2, set alliances and index this way:
image.thumb.png.20bd8bd7b00180881df8ec479f14e0cd.png

Atreides using sandworm index (to look as the rest of the base).
And making him ally with the sandworm (obvious reasons) but also the harkonnen (you ally).

This way if you ally send a big wave so big that he can destroy the whole sandworm base, he will ignore the palace and 2 windtraps, so the player can take their time to train an engineer and moving it to capture the Palace.

And step 3:
Of course making ATr as an AI enable (you don't need to edit his AI, St.Fremen have their own behaviour and are free, so the AI doesn't need anything but to be active.
image.png.f689109ad239e8f42e25e33d860d871c.png

And of course:
Switching the "sandworm" for "Atreides".
image.png.9b6455027f47bb211f09b92e70c79418.png

This is an optional fix; it's just a way to prevent the game to fail because you ally doesn't know that destroying that building will make you loose.
And there is no problem with the Atreides being ally with your ally, the St.Fremen always march against the player anyway.

It is your call if you want to change that, but it is fine if not.

Either way, I will replay the campaign to be sure that everything is fine and I proceed to add your campaign into the index. I will point to the first post, so any update done do it always (if possible) to that first post (you can write a new post saying that there is an update or an expansion or anything to let people know that there is something new).

Good job with this campaign, I can tell you worked on that. And sorry to bother you so much.

-------
Edit:

I just found out this.
image.png.ecf61feb5a1dec3a1bee93f655a0cf4b.png

If you wanted the AI to stop producing engineers you should have it as "0,000", not adding "0,010" to the thumper infantry which the Ai cannot build (it is a multiplayer unit).

This, if you don't the Ai to use enginers
image.png.3fb103a8f54cbd3a9a8a94213aa2e9af.png
Otherwise just ignore it.

Edited by Cm_blast

14 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Checking.

Sorry to tell you, but now your mission 1 is "01" whiel the other missions are "2,3,4,5,6,7" xD.

I am doing a checking and I can tell that you changed most of the things I mentioned. It is interesting that on the mission with the mercenaries being able to do a few orders early but then running out of money and on the Atreides being a bit to low on economy you said it was planned but I can see that you heavily edited this now.

It seems that mercenaries on that mission are now imperials as well, I wonder if this was the idea from the beggining.

On mission 7 there are 2 mission wins.
you have the one to destroy everybody alive.
image.thumb.png.9b5646cd190f735a5037d88fbd5fc0c4.png

And at the bottom you have another that only ask for Atreides.
image.thumb.png.78c0ba5f1437b73bdc10d44eb3f37f0f.png

I don't know if you didn't realize that you had both. This one at the bottom will trigger if you destroy the Atreides while ignoring the rest, so unless this was intended just removing this last one mission win it's enough to "fix" it.

For consistency, on mission 8 there is also an ally that drops stuff at the bottom area, and they are "color-imperials". In case you want to use that "163" index for those units too.

I can see that you took the efford to do these Fixing, I will replay the whole campaign just to be sure, but I think overall it's all good. Only on the mission 3 the enemy ais still have the old harvs remplacement, while you made others missions with "needs refinery", if you want to change this as well.

There is something I want to mention on mission 9.
There is nothing wrong with the script this time, you have the proper mission win and mission fail (there isn't any mission fail in case the player loose all the units and structures, but this is not important, any player will reset the map if that happens anyway).

There is a bit of a problem with a mission which goal is to capture a building having an ally that doesn't know that the building needs to be alive.
There are people that have done missions like this, and they are still playable, although at times you are forced to kill your own ally units to avoid him to destroy this core building.

There is a way to prevent this to happen, if you ever want to give a try.
Step 1: Switch the Sandworm palace (and maybe 2 windtraps so they have energy produce fremen) to Atreides.image.png.ee486b051b795bc5c53ff3b783bc06b9.png

Step 2, set alliances and index this way:
image.thumb.png.20bd8bd7b00180881df8ec479f14e0cd.png

Atreides using sandworm index (to look as the rest of the base).
And making him ally with the sandworm (obvious reasons) but also the harkonnen (you ally).

This way if you ally send a big wave so big that he can destroy the whole sandworm base, he will ignore the palace and 2 windtraps, so the player can take their time to train an engineer and moving it to capture.

And step 3:
Of course making ATr as an AI enable (you don't need to edit his AI, St.Fremen have their own behaviour and are free, so the AI doesn't need anything but to be active.
image.png.f689109ad239e8f42e25e33d860d871c.png

And of course:
Switching the "sandworm" for "Atreides".
image.png.9b6455027f47bb211f09b92e70c79418.png

This is an optional fix; it's just a way to prevent the game to fail because you ally doesn't know that destroying that building will make you loose.
And there is no problem with the Atreides being ally, the St.Fremen always march against the player anyway.

It is your call if you want to change that, but it is fine if not.

Either way, I will replay the campaign to be sure that everything is fine and I proceed to add your campaign into the index. I will point to the first post, so any update done do it always (if possible) to that first post (you can write a new post saying that there is an update or whatever so people knows).

Good work with this campaign, I can tell you worked on that. And sorry to bother you.

Okay, I'll fix it now.I decided to edit this part of the mission after all. And initially, the Mercenaries were supposed to be Imperials, I forgot, just give them an index.So I didn't notice this, I'll fix it now. So in the 8th mission I forgot to save the changes again. Yes, you don't bother me, everything is fine. By the way, I'm starting to make a continuation of this company and there will be 9 more missions, in total I plan 3 companies about General Sardukar, and then I will do other companies, since I really like this game, I played it in childhood, when I was 5 years old
Fix Version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VOG9iZaZwGzg36hnnhI1CIFnUteOvvAr/view?usp=sharing

40 minutes ago, Player said:

Okay, I'll fix it now.I decided to edit this part of the mission after all. And initially, the Mercenaries were supposed to be Imperials, I forgot, just give them an index.So I didn't notice this, I'll fix it now. So in the 8th mission I forgot to save the changes again. Yes, you don't bother me, everything is fine. By the way, I'm starting to make a continuation of this company and there will be 9 more missions, in total I plan 3 companies about General Sardukar, and then I will do other companies, since I really like this game, I played it in childhood, when I was 5 years old
Fix Version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VOG9iZaZwGzg36hnnhI1CIFnUteOvvAr/view?usp=sharing

ooh, interesting, you made that palace neutral to everybody.

Although I would add a second windtrap for one reason. 1 windtrap gives exactly 100% energy, just enough to be in positive scale.
The smuggler may be neutral with them, but at least when I played the mission the smugglers destroyed these buildings.
image.thumb.png.6eb8e8026f50ede23976c14cfb3984c0.png

Even if being neutral they ignore the building, units usually have some splash damage. Any quad, missile tank or siege tank that shoot a bullet to the Atreides High Tech factory (or debris generated by the building) it will damage the windtrap to have 95-99% HP, which will means that the Palace won't have positive energy producing the fremen slower.

Or... you can make this instead.
image.png.37c1715b759dba3ee980ffd7ca6daf82.png
This will make the AI to repair the windtrap if it has any damage on it, so you can be sure that the AI has always positive energy.

Again, not like it is so much needed, it's just a "just in case so the AI keeps using St.Fremen at the pace is suppose to", but not that necesary. On my run the smugglers destroyed that but maybe this doesn't happen everytime.

And that's it. I checked the missions and it seems you fixed everything; I'll proceed to copy these new files and give it a second run.

By the way, I realize that in "author" you wrote "general Sardukar". On the index, on your Fremem campaign (that I hope someday you update it so it doesn't need to overwrite the original westwood missions) I have it that the author is you by the name of "player":
image.png.8d26d8a4afec49600a05646c500a28c6.png
Do you prefer having both campaigns (The Fremen and this Imperial one) as "By Player" or as "By General Sardukar"? (or any other specific name you prefer).

Edited by Cm_blast

ooh, interesting, you made that palace neutral to everybody.

Although I would add a second windtrap for one reason. 1 windtrap gives exactly 100% energy, just enough to be in positive scale.
The smuggler may be neutral with them, but at least when I played the mission the smugglers destroyed these buildings.
image.thumb.png.6eb8e8026f50ede23976c14cfb3984c0.png

Even if being neutral they ignore the building, units usually have some splash damage. Any quad, missile tank or siege tank that shoot a bullet to the Atreides High Tech factory (or debris generated by the building) it will damage the windtrap to have 95-99% HP, which will means that the Palace won't have positive energy producing the fremen slower.

Or... you can make this instead.
image.png.37c1715b759dba3ee980ffd7ca6daf82.png
This will make the AI to repair the windtrap if it has any damage on it, so you can be sure that the AI has always positive energy.

Again, not like it is so much needed, it's just a "just in case so the AI keeps using St.Fremen at the pace is suppose to", but not that necesary. On my run the smugglers destroyed that but maybe this doesn't happen everytime.

And that's it. I checked the missions and it seems you fixed everything; I'll proceed to copy these new files and give it a second run.

By the way, I realize that in "author" you wrote "general Sardukar". On the index, on your Fremem campaign (that I hope someday you update it so it doesn't need to overwrite the original westwood missions) I have it that the author is you by the name of "player":
image.png.8d26d8a4afec49600a05646c500a28c6.png
Do you prefer having both campaigns (The Fremen and this Imperial one) as "By Player" or as "By General Sardukar"? (or any other specific name you prefer).

Well, I want it to be a Player, so that it is somehow remembered by the people, and on the other hand, I want General Sardukar. I think General Sardukar is still better. For how does it sound to me