Sards Suck

Navaros

I am now of the opinion that Sards suck.

In games where there are mass Inkvines, mass Kobras, or mass Minos attacking you, Sards have no use whatsoever. Complete waste of time, money, the choice of a sub-house, as well as tons of free chevrons for anyone using one of the above-mentioned strats.

Against the masses, Sards just don't cut it. :O

Elite is right, you haven't been paying attention. Sard elites are extremely tough, even standing against minos...and thus kobras. Especially when used against an ordos player, sards (all types) can be very effective.

They are not effective in taking out a mass of chems or buzz saws, but other than that, I think people can use them effectively.

ok some of you didn't read what i said.

you guys try using Sards against someone who builds millions of Kobras, Minos or Inkvines, and masses them all together in your spice/base.

when you have experienced the utter horror of Sards after having done this, then come back to this thread and say Sards are great.

Navaros, if your enemy built millions of inkivines/minos/kobras I dont think Sards are my first concern. yet you would try sending men against these vechicles? Hmmmmmm try something a little better maybe eh? Until next post, Vilgent

Navaros, if your enemy built millions of inkivines/minos/kobras I dont think Sards are my first concern. yet you would try sending men against these vechicles? Hmmmmmm try something a little better maybe eh? Until next post, Vilgent

Yeah exactly. Try something better because Sards are useless. They are a waste of money, a waste of build-time, a waste of a choice of a sub-house, and easy chevrons for the enemy masses ::)

I am glad we agree,

And it's not so much that I'd even send them out. If he masses in your Spice soon enough he will also be able to mass in your base. Eventually those Sards will be nothing but very easy chevrons for the enemy.

Hmm, so what is the point. You say that we shouldn`t send sards against hord of minos and so on. Okay, but this is as I post that oh, don`t send snipers against flamer cos sniper suck. Its normal that powerful anti infantry vehicles are good with it (doesn`t add that sometimes I destroyed some minos with some sards, but`s not the point). Your first words were "I am now on the opinion that Sards sucks". Thats becouse minos killed them, doesn`t mean they sucks. I know what you meant and in half I agree but becouse often minos/kobras in big group kills sards...kobras/minos kills a lot of another units too. Sards could be NOT AS EFFECTIVE against wall made of those units. But for me I can send them with another units.

You made a generalization about sards (saying they suck). They aren't as effective in late game for your stated reason....true. But why does it take you so long to get the sards in these games....I mean do you wait for your opponents to mass minos and kobras then hope you get lucky. Sards are a great tool for winning early game, especially against ordos.

Also, EVEN AGAINST MASSES OF UNITS, (as I think Elite pointed out), you will find elite sards to be effective when tied in with other units. They withstand barrages (many vehicles can't even do that) and their laser packs a punch. That's why players like Thoxen (whom you've admitted can probably beat you) will send sards along with a mino group...and he usually attacks only in late game.

I disagree. Sards kick arse against light vehicles. Kobras, inkvines and minos are undisputedly the most effective anti-infantry vehicles in the game, so of course sards are going to suck against them. Sards will own saws, dusts, bikes, assaults, lasers, mongeese and other light vehicles that destroy in the early game. If you see your opponent massing these anti-infantry vehicles, then dont build sards, build fremen or guild or your own minos to match. If you see your opponent mixing saws with missles or dusts with lasers, then build sards like there's no tomorrow. I find sards absolutely essential for killing other harks, and look at where I am right now. I beat the #2 hark five times! A couple were close as hell, but the sards won it for me.

Dont use sards as your main defensive or offensive strat. But when mixed in with your main house group, they are deadly killing machines. Sard elites are the ultimate harv killing machines. Their long range, instant hit, fast firing laser AA is unparalleled.

Ok nav, I am going to teach you a valuable lesson... If they have TONS of minos/kobras and you have lots of sards, AVOID THEM! Atleast if they do that dont build reg sards because they are shit vs heavy vehicles. Build sard elites and stick even 5(YES ONLY FIVE) sard elites spread out in your attack force and watch...

... chances are they are more concerned about your minos or whatever and dont even target the sards. even if a mino hits them they will survive a full barrage! if they die send some more in. Personally i can use them all at once its not very hard but you have a little bit more difficulty with everything.

or one thing you can try is to hotkey your units.------------------have your main attacking force hotkeyed as '1'.your sard elites can be '2'then you can have some feds keyed at '3'---------------------Now what you can do is to get the battle going exchange your shots and press '2' and stick soem sard elites spread out in between. Then you can press '3' and sneak some feds in behind them. (DONT WASTE YOUR FEDS, IT ONLY TAKES 3 FED SHOTS TO KILL ONE MINO).... Now you can control your units faster plus your hitting them from everywhere. If you have other methods goahead and mix them in to! You should be able to figure this out, you obviously think your pretty damn good #1 ATR gangster(LOL!!)

sardaukar are used for head on collisions in battle or an assult towards the enemy's base. they can take out almost any unit if they are in a small group.

for the inkvines, just shoot and move...how hard is that?

for the minos...all you have to do is just run up to them and kill em, they can survive a full mino barrage.

for the kobra...whats the problem? theyre immobleized and even if they are undeployed and able to run you over, a small group of 5 elites could wipe em out

Okay, does minotaurus sucks becouse missile tank blow it up with one shot? No. You must have balance with units that you sends, know his weak points and strong points and if you send sardaukar with another unit, they will win. You have fast vehicles and you send it as first, minos will fire. Then sards will shot to them with group.

Spend time training small groups of Sardaukar or elite Sardaukar properly (about 3 of each is enough) to elite level and they can lay waste over just about anything.

And if you're lucky enough to hit a stealth crate with the most powerful one...

Elite elite ( :)) sardaukar in group are weapon that can cope with every rushes sends like crazy with some units. And when comp sends minos/kobras, they can wait mino fire and the shot, like laser tank. I using sardaukar to shoting to crates and scouts or infantry on infantry rocks, they fast become elite.

• 2 weeks later...
sardaukar are used for head on collisions in battle or an assult towards the enemy's base. they can take out almost any unit if they are in a small group.for the inkvines, just shoot and move...how hard is that?for the minos...all you have to do is just run up to them and kill em, they can survive a full mino barrage.for the kobra...whats the problem? theyre immobleized and even if they are undeployed and able to run you over, a small group of 5 elites could wipe em out
Exactly, there're supposed to be the strongest infantry in the game. And thats why they're called "one-man-army" in their description.

Hmm, so what is the point. You say that we shouldn`t send sards against hord of minos and so on. Okay, but this is as I post that oh, don`t send snipers against flamer cos sniper suck. Its normal that powerful anti infantry vehicles are good with it (doesn`t add that sometimes I destroyed some minos with some sards, but`s not the point). Your first words were "I am now on the opinion that Sards sucks". Thats becouse minos killed them, doesn`t mean they sucks. I know what you meant and in half I agree but becouse often minos/kobras in big group kills sards...kobras/minos kills a lot of another units too. Sards could be NOT AS EFFECTIVE against wall made of those units. But for me I can send them with another units.
Indeed, now thats fact and common sense in which SOME person don't have.(I guess who is that, Nav..)

• 2 weeks later...