New players, is there any way to play with friends these days?

SMthegamer

Hey everybody, my sister and I have been playing Dune 2000 for around 18 years now (think we're gonna need a 3rd disc soon), so we figured it's probably time to upgrade to the sequel.

I'd heard that it has a co-op campaign which sounds pretty cool, but I can't figure out how to host one myself (didn't even see the option in LAN) and I know the servers are loooong gone, so I was wondering if anyone here knows how to host a happy little family session.

I'm still hoping EA will let Westwood revive the franchise like they just did with C&C, but until then I'd like to catch up on a few years of missed gameplay.

1 hour ago, TAK02 said:

Westwood is long dead and gone; and the Herbert Estate refuses to re-release the old games, "if it's old it should stay old".

The original was created as a tie-in with the movie license, with the new movie we could get new games.

I know about the issues with re-releasing the games we have, I got the same explanation from Rade back when I emailed him at Petroglyph and got redirected to EA and Universal etc.

While Warner Bros. is distributing the new movie, I haven't seen anything about Legendary's plans for other media (and they already had a massive fight over HBO Max), however I remember hearing they'd managed to get a pretty long license which is the kinda thing EA could see as a chance to get a few games in.

On 7/8/2021 at 12:03 PM, KippD2K said:

hamachi

I will look into this, thanks :)

Thought I'd post an update for anyone else who needs this later.

So with Hamachi we've been able to play against each other with LAN, however after diving deeper into the research hole I found the history of WOL, XWIS and the code hanging around, but as far as I can tell Co-op is now impossible to play, which is incredibly sad.

We're probably not going to spend long with Emperor, Dune 2000 just offers a better experience.

• Like 1

On 7/15/2021 at 5:00 PM, SMthegamer said:

Thought I'd post an update for anyone else who needs this later.

So with Hamachi we've been able to play against each other with LAN, however after diving deeper into the research hole I found the history of WOL, XWIS and the code hanging around, but as far as I can tell Co-op is now impossible to play, which is incredibly sad.

We're probably not going to spend long with Emperor, Dune 2000 just offers a better experience.

glad you could get it working 😀