Gameplay Ethics

Navaros

Just now I lost to netpemp, who showed me that Kobras are way more powerful than Minos. Nobody amasses Kobras who I have played. That is a killer strat. That's one of the closest games I ever played. Kobras masses = Too strong, unless Minos are there in an equal mass first.Anyhow, I want to know if you Emperor guys (respectable players only) think this was fair.Netpemp screwed me over with Kobras. When I realized this, I took what I had left and buggered up his base by air-dropping Minos. I killed every one of his buildings except for 2 refineries and a bunch of Windtraps. All he had left was Kobras and some AA troopers. I had some Air Drones, and ADV Carryall, and an MCV.I was evading his units for quite some time with my ADV Carryall and MCV, flying this way and that, enjoying the scenery, taking in the sights, avoiding his AA troopers trying to kill me. He got mad at me, saying I was a sore loser. But the thing is, I hadn't really lost yet, had I? I even managed to kill almost all of his AA troopers with an unstealthed Fremen Warrior. Which brings me to another point, why the Hell do my units lose stealth if I have an MCV???? FFS???!!!! Hello???? MCV = A Building and you are not supposed to lose stealth if you have a building, so WTF? If my Fremen Warrior had retained his stealth like the rules say he should, I would not have lost this game. In any case he was mad at me for not laying down my MCV on the ground so he could massacre it, like I was wrong or something to be seeing the sights with my MCV. But the way I see it, if he hasn't killed me, then I have no obligation to accept a loss, especially since I was landing my MCV to pickup crates when he wasn't looking and if I had found an NIAB tank in one of those crates he'd be having a *real* hard time trying to chase me with his Kobras. Therefore, I do not believe I had really lost as there was a chance I could have came back even though it was unlikely.What are your guys thoughts?Btw good game Netpemp, now I know the power of the Kobra, and knowing is half the battle.

well a MCV is not a build its a vehicle thats part of the name Mobile Construction Vehicle when its deployed as your Consrtuction Yard its a building. maybe if you would have left it ur fremen wouldnt of became uncloked... but if you would of left it would of lost i gather...

Sounds like a close one. It seems as though you had a fighting chance in that game. Delaying the inevitable isn't a practical or honourable thing to do, but if there's a plausable chance that you can be victorious, then fight on. If you're running a single NIAB around the map dodging your enemy's full squads of units, then give up. If you have a reasonable chance of winning that isnt just a waste of time, then fight on.

Sounds like a close one. It seems as though you had a fighting chance in that game. Delaying the inevitable isn't a practical or honourable thing to do, but if there's a plausable chance that you can be victorious, then fight on. If you're running a single NIAB around the map dodging your enemy's full squads of units, then give up. If you have a reasonable chance of winning that isnt just a waste of time, then fight on.

what if it was a stalemate though? this game was very close to being a stalemate. If i had just killed off the last of his AA troopers before my final Minos died, he would have had no way to kill me even though he had like 20 Kobras left. If I just hung around in the air in that situation, would that be wrong?

That is truly a delicate matter. You say you had an advanced carryall? If I'm not mistaken, they can pick up undeployed kobras, so, technically, you could pick them up and have the drones destroy them.

If you didnt have the MCV, you would automatically lose. In this situation, it would be wrong (in my opinion) to keep it in the air.

How much money did you have? If you had a couple thousand or more, you could have deployed your conyard at his base, built a barracks, then taken over his refineries to sell/keep with engys (keeping them will give him more to go after, while you deploy your conyard elsewhere, build a factory and refinery, and pump out vehicles). You'd still have to be REALLY lucky to pull that off. Perhaps if you'd done that after you'd destroyed his base defenses, and factor(y/ies) with your minos.

After that, I'd say you'd have to be really lucky to actually beat the guy unless he quits because it would have been a stand-off.

Is this "catch me if you can" strategy any good? Tell me what you think...

I even managed to kill almost all of his AA troopers with an unstealthed Fremen Warrior. Which brings me to another point, why the Hell do my units lose stealth if I have an MCV????

Probably because a Fremen Fedaykin or Warrior loses his stealth if they are low on health or a unit is right beside them.

I even managed to kill almost all of his AA troopers with an unstealthed Fremen Warrior. Which brings me to another point, why the Hell do my units lose stealth if I have an MCV????

Probably because a Fremen Fedaykin or Warrior loses his stealth if they are low on health or a unit is right beside them.

No, he had full health before dust scouts murdered him (but only after he murdered about 25 AA troopers... RIP my beloved little Fremen buddy *sob*) so for a little tidbit of knowledge about Emperor, if you have an MCV, even though it is a building, unless you have it deployed then all your stealth units lose their stealth if you have no other buildings. ::) Sucks don't it?

That is very odd. But I can explain, if this is the case. In the rules file, there is no grouping difference between infantry, structures, and vehicles. Therefore, since any unpowered building will lose certain abilities (like stealth, as per TS - not the same engine, but a similar reference), any unit will lose it, too.

so for a little tidbit of knowledge about Emperor, if you have an MCV, even though it is a building, unless you have it deployed then all your stealth units lose their stealth if you have no other buildings. ::) Sucks don't it?

It's good to know that before it actually happens, but still.. An Mcv is 'not' a building Nav. It is a mobile vehicle with no structure for any production or storage or anything, it cannot be classed as a building. I think the simple fact it is mobile would say it's not a building but i think that issue could be desputed.

The MCV is a Mobile Construction Vehicle, Once it is deployed it becomes stationary.. but wait.. it is still 'not' a building. Once it is deployed then it constructs a building around it, and the facilities to produce various things, only then are we able to call it a structure. So it not a building when it is mobile.

whoever said you needed a windtrap and the mcv didn't make a difference was right. That is the rule for ANY stealthed unit, even scouts. If i have no barracks, but no windtraps either, my scouts loose stealth even if i have a refinery or CV deployed

As for the running around. As long as the game has crates you shoulda told the guy to beat it if he didn't have the patience to kill you through

I once played a game where in the end it was my MCV and his MINO. He chased me all over the map biatching me out for not playing fair till i found a crate with enough money that i could deploy and make a windtrap, then i got another crate for money and was deploying to make a barracks or factory (minos are slow) when he gave up and left. I got the win, as it should be. Even if the guy got to my little subbases and killed everything i still coulda gotten a fed/naib/advanced caryall crate, so i wasn't leavin.