Going minute by minute RR Tycoon II Platinum

How does it work?  What I mean is if I play it this way is it a limit of days or is it still years. I've started one after editing a map slightly (going to edit more after I try out what I've done) but it will take awhile to find out. All the years I've had this game on CD and now steam I never tried that. I wanted to do one that went slower but if its going to end in about the same amount of game time then I'd like to know.

I think the 24-hour clock (as opposed to the 12-month year) is for "Metra" play on the scale of one city taking up an entire map. Since many events on large scale maps are triggered by GameYear, switching one over to Metra time could have unpredictable results (e.g. all those events could go dead).

I finally figured out that every day is a year, so far the events have gone off like they usually do, so it doesn't cause problems as far as I know. I somehow have forgotten how to build a city in the editor or I cannot find it but I will do that one myself. I figure that is an old man brain issue.