Looking for deeper Unit/Building colors!?

maltebyte02

Hi all,

Im playing around in D2kEditor and i see there are colors for the alloc. index. And i tried some nice greens like number 100 but in game it is black! Are there any numbers that work and look nice? I want deeper blues for Atreides and Deeper red for EVIL Harkonnen and yes also deeper Green For Ordos. Is this even possible?? Many Thanks!

1 hour ago, maltebyte02 said:

Hi all,

Im playing around in D2kEditor and i see there are colors for the alloc. index. And i tried some nice greens like number 100 but in game it is black! Are there any numbers that work and look nice? I want deeper blues for Atreides and Deeper red for EVIL Harkonnen and yes also deeper Green For Ordos. Is this even possible?? Many Thanks!

There was a list of indexes somewhere around here on the forum. However all the ones above 7 are actually an overflow, technically speaking, so the game starts reading from another address section, instead of the dedicated colors address in the memory. This means that the high indexes can be pretty unreliable and might look different on different computers. The very high ones (like over 200) are all black because they are probably read from a zone of memory that is full of zeroes.

You can, however, use the colours.bin editor to edit the original 8 colors and use those instead, but this means you'll have to use it with the original houses. This was also somewhere on the forum, but I can't really search now. It is available on our discord though, you could download it from there.

The editor can be found on the list of campaigns and tools - index.

Some higher alloc. index. will show greenie, yelloish, blueish... for certain factions, and some changes depending on the computer, OS and sometimes it even changes per run.
So if you really want to have an specific color, you have to do what Feda is saying, editing the originals.

Edited by Cm_blast

22 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

The editor can be found on the list of campaigns and tools - index.

Some higher alloc. index. will show greenie, yelloish, blueish... for certain factions, and some changes depending on the computer, OS and sometimes it even changes per run.
So if you really want to have an specific color, you have to do what Feda is saying, editing the originals.

Thanks for the reply! I really dont know where to find :> The editor can be found on the list of campaigns and tools - index.

Just now, maltebyte02 said:

Thanks for the reply! I really dont know where to find 😆 The editor can be found on the list of campaigns and tools - index.

It's in cm's signature. But considering I saw you also joined the discord, just have a look in the Downloads center section, and then in the #tools channel, it's there :D

Not really on my signature, but here:

It is a pinned post, so it is really visible. On the "tool" section you have the color-editor, will point you to the post that contain it.
Not a bad idea to have the full list on my signature, I may add it, if I can.

Edited by Cm_blast