[Release] Multiplayer and Skirmish Map Pack by Domaithianus

Domaithianus

Hello all, I know it's been a long time, but I'm back, and should have several new releases in store very soon.  I also feel I need to compliment the modding community for the incredible new tools I've seen available on here - it would appear I have a lot of catching up to do, and it's wonderful to see how alive and well this community is.

Here, I have a small pack of multiplayer maps I designed, all thoroughly tested online both with friends and with strangers.

Contains:

• Smuggler's Cove [4P] - A pretty straightforward 4 player free for all map.
  • Smuggler's Cove Co-Op Version [4P] - Same map, but for 2v2 co-op games.
  • Desert Islands [4P] - A slightly strange 4 player map on which no single rock has reasonable room for a full base.  Players can rapidly expand by capturing 'neutral' silos on other small rocks across the map, or deprive their opponents of the same opportunities by destroying them. 

>>>WANING - Win trigger will only activate once all silos are destroyed or captured.

• Desert Islands Co-Op Version [4P] - Same as Desert Islands, but for 2v2 co-op games.
  • Abandoned Observatory [4P] - Bridges lead to a bottlenecked, easy to defend central island with easy access to safe spice harvesting, and a captureable Imperial Palace for cheap Sardaukar for any faction - if you can take and hold the middle in time.
  • Abandoned Observatory CoOp Version [4P] - Same as Abandoned Observatory, but for 2v2 co-op games.
  • Abandoned Observatory Extended CoOp Version [6P] - An extended version of Abandoned Observatory for 2v2v2 co-op games.

>>>WARNING - Do not attempt to play with 8 players on this map, as supposedly neutral structures will be owned by player 8.

MultiplayerMapPack.7z

Edited by Domaithianus
Abandoned Observatory Extended CoOp Version [6P]ould have been 2v2v2, not 3v3v3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Domaithianus said:

Abandoned Observatory [4P] - Bridges lead to a bottlenecked, easy to defend central island with easy access to safe spice harvesting, and a captureable Imperial Palace for cheap Sardaukar for any faction - if you can take and hold the middle in time.

Except Harkonnen because they still get the multiplayer version :P, unless I am wrong.

3 hours ago, Domaithianus said:

Abandoned Observatory Extended CoOp Version [6P] - An extended version of Abandoned Observatory for 3v3v3 co-op games.

I guess you mean "3v3", I was wondering how 9 players for a moment.

If you don't mind I will add your pack into the index in the "skirmish map" section.

Edited by Cm_blast

27 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Except Harkonnen because they still get the multiplayer version :P, unless I am wrong.

They do, but they're more expensive, and build more slowly.  Imperial Palace Sardaukar are 120 credits instead of 200, and have a much higher build speed.

27 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

I guess you mean "3v3", I was wondering how 9 players for a moment.

If you don't mind I will add your pack into the index in the "skirmish map" section.

Sorry, 2v2v2 is what I meant, thanks for pointing that one out, I've now amended the description.
And please, go right ahead.  That index was an excellent idea.

Edited by Domaithianus