Emperor on a Mac?

marko85

Hi Everyone,

sorry if this topic was already covered but any chance I could play the game on my iMac (I think I spent a part of my teenage years years playing these games, still remember the keyboard shortcuts even :P)

And if not Mac then how? I do have VMWare + Windows XP + Emperor but the graphics are bad and it's so laggy.

Help! and Thanks

Marko85

Hey there,

Yeah, i am running it on a mac. Well, not realy, but for sure on a macbook. Bootcamp is needed.
I installed a bootcamp partition and bought a used emperor cd pack. I had trouble installing it, so i looked for some other installations in the www...it took me a whole evening, but finaly i got it running and with hamatchci also online. I never tried if playing a campaign could work, but skirmish and online works just fine on a macbook with bootcamp. only for some few shortcuts you need the "fn" key, if you wanna use the F Keys. I dont realy remember how i finaly got it running...Give it a try. Emperor is still worth it :)

i did it with win10. bought an licence for like 10 bugs. but i might have run emperor in xp-mode. i dont remember exactly, but i tried a whole night with different versions (cd, cracked ones and so on) til t was working. but if you have a working cd version it might be faster. my cd was broken. bought a used one...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I play Emperor on my imac, using wine, it works ok, only the video is not full used, I have 1600x1200 setting but it uses only the center part of the 27 screen, leaving a small black band at the left and at the right, anybody uses it on mac?