f*cking game resetting uunder win xp!

zutroi

man, i'm no tht best player, you know? but i'm trying and i'm slowly getting some skill. i just spent a really hard 69 minutes defeating a shitheaded Harkonnen territory, and it really made me sweat. i mean, this f*cker was playing for keeps! anyhows, i get to the end of the territory, nail his evil red arse, and am just about to save my gamestate and what happens? xp/emperor decides to reset the computer. the game just "drops out" back to windows. GRRRRR! talk about annoying. i've mention of this in another forum, but does anyone know what's up with this? man, i'm spewing. :-

happenes to me too :- have tried closing all other appps like norton stuff like that... still if it chnaged anything it only reduced the frequency of it happinging. But all in all i think its contributed to the fact that Emp isnot compatible with XP... i htnk thats how they put it :- (funny thing is I had similar problem in ME) :- I think they ment to say WW games are not compatible at all ;D j/k. yeha i hate when it happenes me and friend rogue were doing some co-ops online and had to repeat a few missions cause one of us would get dumped to desktop like that :- You can talk to Doc Nyar (the fed2k tech guy, seeing asWW doesnt answer anymore) maybe he can help. WW wishes they had tech support like Doc Nyar ;D

Crash back to desktop could indicate several things. One being not enough memory. Make sure all background programs are closed.

It could be that some drivers are incompatible, obviously make sure that all your drivers are updated. Even those of your cdrom/cdrw/dvd. The last seems important for XP (don't aks me why, cause I do not know).

It could be that your system gets to hot internal. Expecially with the GeForce 3 and 4 cards (and cards from competitors like ATI) it's a MUST to have some good cooling inside. Too see if that could be a problem, take off the case and, if possible, let an external fan blow some air in the computer when you play. If you do, make sure the air can flow through (don't have one side of the pc against a wall).

About EBFD not being compatible with XP, there is some trueth in that. EBFD was released before XP came out and there has never been a patch after the release of XP. I'm certain that a patch for EBFD to run on XP is needed to solve some problems people have. That said, some people are running EBFD fine on XP adn I guess that's one of the "miracles" of Microsoft ;)

As you see, it can be several things, if you want, I can look at your specs, but I doubt that I'm able to determine the culprint (attach your dxdiag if you want me to look at the specs). How ever, looking at the time framne it happens, I would say amemeory problem or the heat.

Look, i had this once in the last level of RA2 Yuri's revenge :-, this was so s*cking, since then i always save or way to many times ( 3 or 4 times at minut ;D, thats in a 3d person shooter game) or (in a strategy-game) around the 1 save at 15 minut's. ::)H :) A :) R :) K :) O :) N :) N :) A :) (I just wanted to do this:))