Dune doesnt work.....so...cold.....

killinator

The only test that should be canceled is the direct3d test. It says its canceled because im pushing a key. But im not. I tried it quite a few times, but thats always what it says. Also, Norton, PC-cillian, and Zone alarm pro are all saying no virus's. :-[

download the 30 trial version of norton antiirus from download.com. And get a firewall, too. I suggest BlackICE. But dont be like meeh sum day. just be honest and go buy stuff instead of getting it illegally. :-Don't post links to illegal software, cracks, etc. [Gobalopper]

Thats all great advice and thank you, but I already run the zone alarm pro firewall and I have Norton antivirus (the newest one)as well. Everything looks fine from there so I really don't think its a virus. Any other ideas you can think of would be much appriciated.

Nyarlathotep- Any idea why the test would say I am pushing a button and im not? I checked keyboard on another computer and it seems to work fine. Is this part of a bigger issue?

Well, it's weird that dxdiag can't perform the tests. I know there are newer drivers for your video card, so be sure to look for them on www.nvidia.com When doen, try the tests again, if it still doesn't work, re-install directx 8.1 again..

Let's first try and get those tests running..

Ok doc, I installed the most updated drivers I could find. No good. I reistalled DirectX 8.1 (i have XP and since it comes with 8.1 already, i downloaded the one for 2k. Don't know if that makes a diff). Still nothing. The "test direct 3d" still says "You canceled the test by pressing a key". I tried it once with the keyboard unplugged just for fun. No difference.

When i go to run the test it does act exactly like the games though. It fills the screen with black like its gonna bring up something, minimizes, then promps me with the test cancel thing.

I think I'm gonna cry. What should we try next?

OH THANK THE GODS!!!!!!

I am happy to report that the problem has been found and fixed.

I have a GE keyboard that has hotkeys that require software to be set up. Upon shutting down the software process in the task manager, all games run fine. I no longer have any hotkeys, but if its between those and Dune, well, need I say more? Thanks everyone for the help. Doc-your a prince among men!!