D2kEditor with Structures Editor (TibEd replacement) preview release!

Klofkac

6 hours ago, Fey said:

There was something else though! I noticed the latest builds of the editor don't give me an alert if I try to save with over 1000 units on the map. I considered that maybe it's the former unknown specials it's reading to generate visually on the map in the editor, and tried placing normal units that already existed on the map, but that didn't give me an alert either. Perhaps that's simpler to figure out and fix.

Thanks for report, I will have a look into it.
Technically, a Worm Spawner behaves like a unit in game (not something special like player start or spice bloom), but editor does not count worm spawner as regular unit, but counts it separately. The total structures count displayed on Map Statistics window does not count worm spawners either, so if you have, say, 999 regular structures and one worm spawner on map, the logic that checks structure count during saving a map considers the total number as 1000 (total structures count + worm spawner count). Maybe the problem could be here, but will need to investigate.

2 hours ago, Klofkac said:

worm spawner

For clarity, I tested prior to that post by putting, like, 100-200 extra tanks on a map that was already at the limit. So there's no way I didn't account for the editor potentially not counting certain things! Unless it doesn't count tanks. :)

12 hours ago, Fey said:

For clarity, I tested prior to that post by putting, like, 100-200 extra tanks on a map that was already at the limit.

I just looked at this problem, and found out what the bug was - editor was not counting units at all into the limit, it was counting only buildings. I remember testing this feature with 1000 walls placed on map, that's probably why I missed this error. Will be fixed in next editor release. Thanks again for reporting.

Ah, glad to hear it was fixed. And glad to help!

For the record, the statistics still show the total amount of units / structures on the map, so that's perfectly fine for keeping on top of the limit. It's just that we didn't get an alert anymore when trying to save for breaking the limit. Good news though, I haven't noticed anything else being broken. But, I'll keep my eyes out.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

great to see how far the modding community has come. :)I haven't been here in a long time and it seems like I missed a lot.

Noob question: I want to edit something with the structures editor for a campaign I'm working on. Which files are actually edited and how can I make it that it's only changed for a specific mission and not the entire game (with the new mission launcher)?

Edited by Magier

2 hours ago, Magier said:

Hello,

great to see how far the modding community has come. :)I haven't been here in a long time and it seems like I missed a lot.

Noob question: I want to edit something with the structures editor for a campaign I'm working on. Which files are actually edited and how can I make it that it's only changed for a specific mission and not the entire game (with the new mission launcher)?

Hey Magier, long time, I still remember your Ordos campaign.

I don't know exactly as I only give a quick look at the new version, but if I am not wrong on the mission settings (F10) there is some new boxes on "campaign folder" "mods folder" and so on.
so if you have your own folder with the original .bin files on it and then told the editor to use those, I think it will mod your versions.

This also may give you information as you tell with the editor which things to load. This is a screenshot on the previous version of the editor, but it should work the same way:
image.png.202e7f0f8989d94644acb999b64ae264.png (also on the mission settings windown).

"CoalicionNobles" it's my main folder, and then the "Mods" it's when I separate mods which the editor will show for my, so for this mission I use that specific subfolder that contain certain modifications on the units and so on.

Fey knows better as he already started working with that editor, but in the meantime check the post of the Feda's campaign and download it if you want to know exactly the structure the files goews (or playing it), like "CustomCampaignData" and the other subfolders, and even if you did, Feda has on the signature on his post an invitation for a new single-player-campaign discord server overall active.

You may see new things people are working on before they got release (mainly Fey), ask any question to the modding stuff (or any specific campaign) or anything you want.

2 hours ago, Magier said:

Wow I didn't think anyone would remember that :D

Thanks a lot :) I understand now how it works. So many possibilities...

By the way your newest campaign looks great! I have to play that too :)

Yeah, I do. I still take inspiration from time to time from older campaigns into newer ones. I even did for that campaign a special bonus mission which it is a tribute to all those early modders sharing the style and so on.

I hope you enjoy it!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello all, hope you're all going well this year during the hard times. I'm back again and have some good new stuff for you: Another update for D2kEditor!

This time it's relatively minor update (with nothing new related to structures editor and DATA.R16 entries manipulating as I promised last time), but still I'm bringing you a few useful and handy new features that are definitely worth it! There are important changes in loading of tilesets (loading tilesets from Mods folder is now supported, as well as using a tileset without having its configuration ini file), addition of debug window, improving built-in mission launcher to provide good overview of your missions, and important improvements in tile attribtes editor, and a few more. See complete changelog below!

Download: D2kEditorv2.0pre4.7z

Changelog:

Fixed: Units were not counted to 1000 structures limit check
Added: Debug window. Accessible from Help menu. It will show some internal values, most importantly paths
       to currently loaded files (configuration, graphics) to easily track which modded files are used.
Added: Support for loading tileset (.R16) and tileatr (.BIN) files from CustomCampaignData Mods folder.
       You can for example easily load a map with older version of tileset.
Added: Editor is now able to load tileset graphics even if you are missing tileset configuration .ini file.
Added: Editor now checks for compatibility of tileset configuration .ini files. If ini file has older format
       (made for older version of editor), editor will show a warning.
Added: Extended "Remap tiles" feature to support remapping of special values as well.
       You can use [Remap_Specials] section in remap ini file in same way as [Remap_Tiles].
Added: Extended the built-in mission launcher to show a table with mission details (name, author, 
       campaign and mods folder, tileset name etc) to make easy overview of your mission settings. 
       You can select columns you want. Menu item renamed to "Mission browser".
Added: Many improvements to Tile attributes editor so you can manage your custom tileset much easier.
  - Added owner side markers (side color) on tiles with "Occupied by..." and "Concrete" attribute
  - Draw editor attribute markers (a small square in the middle) for each attribute separately
  - You can give custom names to editor attributes to better understand the meaning of each attribute
  - Added "Hide not-marked tiles" option, so you can filter tiles much easier
  - Added "Hover text" option, so you can see which attributes a tile has by just moving mouse cursor over it
Changed: The way how "Unassign .mis file" option and unchecking "Use mission .ini file..." checkbox behaves.
         When you save the map, it will delete .MIS/.ini file from disk.
Changed: Lot of source code refactoring!

Some screens:

Mission Browser / Launcher showing details about your missions:

obrazek.thumb.png.50343c9aa59564cb391fec4f67416356.png

Debug window in action, showing you what files are loaded from which folders:

obrazek.png.551dbc77498d7353292e865d1b58b89e.png

Improved Tile attributes editor:

obrazek.thumb.png.b66c61fd639f79ede183a655780e41ca.png

And like before, I would like to provide updated tileset configuration ini files for the most important tilesets, so that you can properly use those tilesets in this new version of editor (if you do not use the up to date version, editor will warn you). Heighliner, Warcraft 2 snowy, Dune 2 Retro, and Geidi Prime are included. Ini files included in my Red Alert tilesets release are already up to date. Here you go: tilesets.7z

Next main goals (in order to finalize version 2.0):
- Add support for DATA.R16 entries manipulation, so that you can genuinely add new buildings and units into game
- Add support for overwriting game files with files from Mods folder before launching a mission (testing map), replicating new Feda's Mission Launcher behavior

I hope I will manage it soon, thanks for your support and keeping me motivated!

• Upvote 1

You can tell that I was so done with the campaign that they are not even in the correct order and I totally forgot to translate the title of the missions.

The first screenshot, the mission browser it's a good adition. In a campaign with so many mods used it's really nice having a quick look at which specific modded folder and text.uib I am using for the whole campaign withouth needing me to open all the missions individually.

• 7 months later...

had hard disk crash had to reinstall evrything from beginning.. installed latest dune2k editor and wanted to recreate the additional turrets.  repeated steps from previous post but i cant add anything. i  did place the structure type to left sidebar (green) but changed two rocket and gun turrets (ordos and harkonnen gun turrets both medium/large changed their type to new one on green area also changed their weapon but i still cannot build them.. what have changed so adding stuff gone wrong? game wont crash,it just not showing the changed turrets