Mod for playing as Corrino House in Dune OpenRA?

Zahariel

Hi all.

A couple of days ago I discovered the fantastic version of Dune OpenRa, which allows me to play Dune with the current operating system, which I couldn't before.

This version includes some little extra changes such as production queues or more customization in skirmishes that greatly improve the gameplay of the game.

I wanted to ask you about the big question that has always plagued me in this game and that is the possibility of playing as the Emperor.

By loading campaign mission maps in the map editor included in this version of Dune, the Emperor (as well as the mercenaries) is clearly reflected as a separate faction of the three great houses, an option that sadly does not occur in skirmish mode.

So, I wanted to ask if you know of any mod compatible with Dune OpenRa that allows you to play with the Emperor as an independent faction, being able to deploy the sardaukar in the barracks without any prerequisites and being able to build the Imperial Palace. The truth is that if it is combined with the spaceport and the heavy factory of the mercenaries, which are golden in color, there is an own architecture differentiated from that of the Harkonen and we would have one more faction to play, which would give more variety to the games even though this faction had fewer options than the other houses.

Equally (though this worries me less) it would be nice if the Atreids could recruit non-invisible Fremen warriors into the barracks or if they could build Siech Fremen and recruit them there. It is a type of troop that exists but, like the imperial palace, it cannot be built, which I do not understand since it is a waste that they only exist in some special scenarios of the campaign.

I remember many years ago, with a unit editor out there, I was able to tweak a few things to recruit sardaukar and fremen into the barracks, but it was very simple.

That's why I asked them if they knew of any mod related to this.

Greetings and sorry for my bad English.

9 hours ago, Zahariel said:

Hi all.

A couple of days ago I discovered the fantastic version of Dune OpenRa, which allows me to play Dune with the current operating system, which I couldn't before.

This version includes some little extra changes such as production queues or more customization in skirmishes that greatly improve the gameplay of the game.

I wanted to ask you about the big question that has always plagued me in this game and that is the possibility of playing as the Emperor.

By loading campaign mission maps in the map editor included in this version of Dune, the Emperor (as well as the mercenaries) is clearly reflected as a separate faction of the three great houses, an option that sadly does not occur in skirmish mode.

So, I wanted to ask if you know of any mod compatible with Dune OpenRa that allows you to play with the Emperor as an independent faction, being able to deploy the sardaukar in the barracks without any prerequisites and being able to build the Imperial Palace. The truth is that if it is combined with the spaceport and the heavy factory of the mercenaries, which are golden in color, there is an own architecture differentiated from that of the Harkonen and we would have one more faction to play, which would give more variety to the games even though this faction had fewer options than the other houses.

Equally (though this worries me less) it would be nice if the Atreids could recruit non-invisible Fremen warriors into the barracks or if they could build Siech Fremen and recruit them there. It is a type of troop that exists but, like the imperial palace, it cannot be built, which I do not understand since it is a waste that they only exist in some special scenarios of the campaign.

I remember many years ago, with a unit editor out there, I was able to tweak a few things to recruit sardaukar and fremen into the barracks, but it was very simple.

That's why I asked them if they knew of any mod related to this.

Greetings and sorry for my bad English.

We don't really have OpenRA modders here, I mean this forum is related to the original game and its modding. You can play as the Emperor in the original game, or even the mercenaries, actually you can play as any sub-house. If you want it only for OpenRA, you might want to ask this on the OpenRA forums though, if there is anything like this available they will let you know there.