Another beginners question

MrFrodo

Whats the difference between the difficulty levels?

And also, with those things on the sand that you can blow up to give more spice..if you have shot them all, does that mean no spice can be regenerated? So is it possible to play a long-lasting skirmish map like in other C&C games where the resource will always regenerate. Or should I always leave one of those things in the sand, as someone before said, they will fill up with more spice or something.

The difference between Easy And Normal and Hard, is the harder it is the better the AI is. It's fun to go against 3 AI on hard. ;D

And the spice blooms (aka spice flowers) always reappear. The longer you wait the more spice they make when they blow up, but I heard (never saw) that if you wait too long they go away. Spice would probably slow down a lot if you play for a few hours, but it won't stop.

when you play against an AI on easy, the units of the AI cost more then your units, on normal they cost the same and on hard they AI's units are cheaper.

Mayby he even builds faster, but I'm not shure. .

• 4 weeks later...

the spice never dries up in dune2k,it does become scarce in multiplayer when 4 players are harvesting,when there can be in exess of 100 harvesters searching for spice. As for build speeds if you build 3 heavey factories you will build tanks quicker than if you have just 1 heavey factory the same also goes for barracks and light factory. example ( 1 heavey builds a tank in 13 seconds,3 heavey builds 1 tank in 7 seconds)the best map for spice is habanya erg.if you play AI you should be able to kill 5 on easy in about 12 to 15 minits , my best time in practice was 5 AI in 4 minits (on a small map 2 player which is easier)if you want some build orders visit my web page. the build orders are for multiplayer and not AI.

www.shygirl4.8m.com

when the game is on easy, everything costs less, so things will build faster than if on hard. (note what shy said about 3 factorys) some of the spice mounds will dissapear after a bit, but the majority of the mounds will explode on their own making new spice, so u never run out. ;D

Of couse he builds faster, build speed is directly related to cost...

This is not of cause..

U are modding Emperor right..

There it are 2 different things..

So bo of cause.. but it is the fact in this game

• 2 weeks later...

Of couse he builds faster, build speed is directly related to cost...

This is not of cause..

U are modding Emperor right..

There it are 2 different things..

So bo of cause.. but it is the fact in this game

Hey VIDI, we're talking abou Dune2k...

In it's "rules" file, template.ini, There is aline like in TS saying on "normal speed" a 1,000 credit item builds in .8 minutes.