C&C remastered? Anyone try importing sprites?

firefly101

I was wondering if the remastered version of the sprite can be imported in Dune 2000? I think the infantry unit would look great. But I have no idea if that is possible and has anyone done a grphic mod for C&C that improved the sprites of units? Since someone made sprites for Sardaukar units I was wondering. I cannot download the Remastered to find out as I dont have the bandwidth for that size file and I probably could not even install it since it says windows 8.1 and above.

Also maybe the C&C Yuris Revenge units can be imported? I speak mainly of the infantry.

Edited by firefly101

1 hour ago, firefly101 said:

I was wondering if the remastered version of the sprite can be imported in Dune 2000? I think the infantry unit would look great. But I have no idea if that is possible and has anyone done a grphic mod for C&C that improved the sprites of units? Since someone made sprites for Sardaukar units I was wondering. I cannot download the Remastered to find out as I dont have the bandwidth for that size file and I probably could not even install it since it says windows 8.1 and above.

Also maybe the C&C Yuris Revenge units can be imported? I speak mainly of the infantry.

The C&C remastered graphics, from what I've seen, are in DDS format and are locked inside some specific archive files. You could export them from the game's archive files (they use a specific EA extension and format that they have also used for C&C 3 and generals files I believe) as there are tools for that, but you'd have to convert the DDSs.

One guy on our discord has created a RA temperate tileset for dune 2000 based on the remastered graphics. You should really join that discord server, it's easier to talk in real time about this kind of subjects :)

Edited by Feda

Ok thanks,

is there an Data16 file from one of the games like C&C Yuris revenge or similar that I could have so I can look at the infantry unit and see if it can be imported? I tried to look for a download but the game needs to be puchased and I only need the file with the sprites.

I wanted the Atreides to look more human and I feel the C&C later expansions look the part.

Thanks

Edited by firefly101

6 minutes ago, firefly101 said:

Ok thanks,

is there an Data16 file from one of the games like C&C Yuris revenge or similar that I could have so I can look at the infantry unit and see if it can be imported? I tried to look for a download but the game needs to be puchased and I only need the file with the sprites.

I wanted the Atreides to look more human and I feel the C&C later expansions look the part.

Thanks

I do not have experience with YR modding and its file formats so I can't help you with this, sorry.