Would like help on Auto Repair for Buildings.

firefly101

Hello,

I found a thread that spoke of editing the dat file to make buildings auto repair. I tried to look up the hex code and could not find it. The dat on my hex code is 2010 and I downloaded my 1.06 version from "old games".  I also am using the Queue Patch .exe and menu select. I couldn't either hex numbers mentioned in the thread, I would love to add the feature to my game.

If there is another way to make this happen since the thread was old and before the editing tools I would appreciate it. If not I would love to know what the new hex number is, apparently address 00031C15 from 84 to 85 but I don't have this address and gruntmod is suppose to be 0004 9E35. I have neither in my dat file.

Also I tried to make some infantry sprites based off the sardauker units, but the pallet issue gave me issues I tried indexing them but to no avail.

Any help would be great

On another note I am making a small mod for myself and maybe other if they want it. I removed all Vehicles except Harvesters to be more like the 84 movie. Emperor is Black Atreides are Tan etc. I add many other changes to maps and file to balance an all infantry game. It's turned out pretty well with the tools and the game play is unique, turrets are machinegun now and Fremen are recruited in a new way for palace.

• Upvote 1

Huh, I've never heard of any sort of autorepair function for the structures. You CAN make an AI opponent begin repairs even if the structure has a sliver of HP gone that the human eye could barely see, but automatic repairs for a human player? Not possible.

That's less of a modding thing though and more of a mapping thing. It's done on a per-AI basis, so that's per-map.

If anyone knows more about this than I do, I too would be curious. :P

Ah, how interesting! I recognize one of the hacks there - the infinite Spice hack. We use that for half of Heighliner maps' resources system. The others, I don't recognize. I seem to understand that we have to go looking at the hex of certain D2k files, but I don't know enough about hex to actually go looking, myself.

I do know a guy though. I've already passed along a link to the thread, so maybe he finds something useful in the related files.

Hey man, don't sound so negative. :P We're actually going through something of a boom recently in activity. It may be an old game, but we've got some dedicated folks workin' on it, when they can.